• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

..which oddly enough brings me to a question...do you think that if eriksen played in city or Ar5ena1 that he would still be a player you don't rate as a 10?

I still wouldn't rate him there no, as I don't think he has the attributes needed to excel in that position. Just like when Modric had a stinker of a 1st season with Madrid, it wasn't because he was struggling to adapt or because of any other overused cliché, it was because Mourinho was using him further forward and he just doesn't have the game for it. That doesn't mean I don't think Modric stacks up to players like Silva and Ozil(who by the way had already been brought up which is why I mentioned them), it's just that he's a different type of player with different qualities. Modric is the best deep-lying playmaker in the world imo but a sub-par #10. I think Eriksen is a top four standard wide creative midfielder but a sub-par #10.

Hopefully you can stop strawmanning me now.

I still wouldn't rate him there no, as I don't think he has the attributes needed to excel in that position. Just like when Modric had a stinker of a 1st season with Madrid, it wasn't because he was struggling to adapt or because of any other overused cliché, it was because Mourinho was using him further forward and he just doesn't have the game for it. That doesn't mean I don't think Modric stacks up to players like Silva and Ozil(who by the way had already been brought up which is why I mentioned them), it's just that he's a different type of player with different qualities. Modric is the best deep-lying playmaker in the world imo but a sub-par #10. I think Eriksen is a top four standard wide creative midfielder but a sub-par #10.

Hopefully you can stop strawmanning me now.

Ah right, completely thought you were advocating him to be dropped or sold based on comparison to others.....i see now that you dont want either to happen but rather you want him played on the creative side of the wonky.

and again with this strawmanning thing.....LOL..honestly i wasnt... but believe what you will.

Poch confirmed he's not "fit" for Saturday.

I have a sneaky feeling he might be off.
There's no way we'd pursue two £20m+ players without significant incoming funds.
I suspect the sale of Lamela + A. N. Other who I'm suspecting more and more will be Eriksen.

I worry he is leaving too....there was some 'ITK' i read on another Spurs site about him having handed a transfer request in last week..:(

I'll see if i can dig out the link later...

I worry he is leaving too....there was some 'ITK' i read on another Spurs site about him having handed a transfer request in last week..:(

I'll see if i can dig out the link later...

Would you be surprised?
If I was there at the moment I'd be utterly disillusioned. We're painfully bad and we're not even good in defeat like the Ardilles days.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that even when we win we're so boring it feels no different to a draw at best.

tottenham hotspur football club FIRST!!! Bitches that make up the team but dont want to be in it a distant second.

if anyone wants to leave they are free to do so...on our terms. The club and us will still be here for quite a while after them

i dont think Eriksen is leaving though, but i am not really as bothered if he does

If we are switching up the front line to have more direct players up alongside Kane, then I would imagine Eriksen fighting it out with Mason for a role in what is looking like a three man midfield.

tottenham hotspur football club FIRST!!! Bitches that make up the team but dont want to be in it a distant second.

if anyone wants to leave they are free to do so...on our terms. The club and us will still be here for quite a while after them

i dont think Eriksen is leaving though, but i am not really as bothered if he does

Completely agree!

I can't see anyone notable being interested. He's still way too inconsistent to attract the attentions of big clubs.

All the players we've signed/are signing are wide forwards (Njie, Son, Berahino). Eriksen and Pritchard are still our only #10s.

Even though he has been one of my favorite players for years now i still think he lacks the quality to really dictate the play. I really do feel he is better off playing deeper with someone abit more consistent in the number 10 spot.

there should be more than just a like button for posts like these!

don't think he is going anywhere though.

Perhaps the Son interest is because Eriksen is heading to Juve? Just a thought - seems a bit of a mystery as to why he's not available

(I know Son isn't a ACM, might mean a rejig of our formation/lineup)

Would you be surprised?
If I was there at the moment I'd be utterly disillusioned. We're painfully bad and we're not even good in defeat like the Ardilles days.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that even when we win we're so boring it feels no different to a draw at best.

" chicken licken" says the sky is falling in.

Back