• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Erisken can and does make something out of nothing. His shooting accuracy is extremely good and for most of last season he had ran the second furthest of anyone in the division

He is light years end of any of our other attacking players

The day we upgrade on him is the day we compete for the title

Those wanting him to be upgraded on, what if he himself wanted to upgrade on us right now?
Rumour i read somewhere else that he has handed a transfer request in..:(

I like to see how he performs with a bit more pace in the team along side him - a few more runners to hit and draw defenders away. Too many of our players want it to feet all the time. Time for something different methinks.
Kane
Eriksen---Alli---Berhahino

I like to see how he performs with a bit more pace in the team along side him - a few more runners to hit and draw defenders away. Too many of our players want it to feet all the time. Time for something different methinks.
Kane

I agree. Him and Kane will benefit hugely with some pace to give them more space and also more options to hit.

Same with Lamela imo

I agree. Him and Kane will benefit hugely with some pace to give them more space and also more options to hit.

Same with Lamela imo
I think that is true. I'm kinda fed up with Lamela but our congested attacking style doesn't help him one bit. I'm sure he too would benefit from players running beyond him and freeing up a bit more space.

Kane
Been saying it for ages, play it in front of the player or at least to their front foot. We almost pass to the back foot to protect the ball.

No, I already said I think Eriksen's the much better player overall but when it comes to those lock picking passes that typical #10s like Silva and Ozil come up with on a regular basis then I haven't seen much evidence that Eriksen's got that in his locker whereas Lamela has shown he has. I am/was a big fan of Eriksen but he hasn't been impacting games for a while and I expect him to continue struggling while he's still used in the #10 role. He deserves a little more leeway than others because of what he's done in the past but he can't get a free pass for life like Vertonghen seems to get, he has one (unintentional) goal in his last 20 games, that's the same as Dier, Mason, Dembele, Lamela and less than Rose.

right, so your issues appears to be that you see top four teams with world class bonafide players and compare our team to those ones; but then when we come up short is must be because our,lynchpin creative pivot is not up to scratch

have you ever considered that erisken cannot operate in an island? maybe the quality of service he gets hinders what he is able to do creatively

btw...i do agree about one thing...playing on the creative wing side of a wonky is better for him right now that being easy to mark / track as a number 10

but i totally disagree with the notion that he isnt exactly what you are asking for ....just that he plays in a team with limited creativity and movement qualities

Until we can find another player who scores double figures and is more creative and also works hard, Eriksen is the best we have and should start every game and should only be subbed if injured or if he's tired. If we can find another player who can do all of those things then great, I'm not holding our breath considering the budget we have though.

right, so your issues appears to be that you see top four teams with world class bonafide players and compare our team to those ones; but then when we come up short is must be because our,lynchpin creative pivot is not up to scratch

have you ever considered that erisken cannot operate in an island? maybe the quality of service he gets hinders what he is able to do creatively

btw...i do agree about one thing...playing on the creative wing side of a wonky is better for him right now that being easy to mark / track as a number 10

but i totally disagree with the notion that he isnt exactly what you are asking for ....just that he plays in a team with limited creativity and movement qualities

You're creating a bit of a strawman argument here as that's not my issue at all. The only problems I have with Eriksen is him being seen/played as a #10 and him getting a free pass for anonymous performances.

You're creating a bit of a strawman argument here as that's not my issue at all. The only problems I have with Eriksen is him being seen/played as a #10 and him getting a free pass for anonymous performances.

Apologies for the straw man....i dont mean to do that...sometimes i do but now most definately isnt.

One thing i can assure you is that using michael jordan to prove why tony from down the street isnt a great basketball player is not a fair comparison and doesn't show the environment with which a proper comparison should be made

i hear you mention ozil and silva....people with world class reputations in big summit super European teams that are beaming with creativity, pace, guile, technical ability, vision and passing ...and you use those pillars of the footballing world to say "eriksen isnt really cutting the mustard, he cant do what they do"

i dont mean to generate a straw man to burn, but i dont know if you intentionally use a platform where eriksen is least likely to be seen as a good player...

..which oddly enough brings me to a question...do you think that if eriksen played in city or arsenal that he would still be a player you don't rate as a 10?

Back