• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I meant as a three. As much as I like Eriksen more advanced with two of Dembele/Paulinho and Sandro/Capoue, I am pretty sure we could have had Holtby or Sigurdsson play there instead?

Eriksen may play further forward. Personally I think Sigurdsson may well go if Eriksen comes in, home-grown quota would become a bit of a worry though.

Just out of curiosity what do you see as the difference between Eriksen and those young number 10s who become inside forwards?

I see passing as his main strength. He doesnt have the pace or dribbling ability to be top inside forward. He could be a really good central midfielder.

Last edited:
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

138 - Christian Eriksen created more chances than any other player in the Dutch Eredivisie last season (138). Schemer.

Eriksen may play further forward. Personally I think Sigurdsson may well go if Eriksen comes in, home-grown quota would become a bit of a worry though.

Could be wrong, but I think Sigurdsson counts as home-grown from his Reading days.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

138 - Christian Eriksen created more chances than any other player in the Dutch Eredivisie last season (138). Schemer.

that's exactly what we need. We have pace, power and now a scorer. We need someone who creates chances - that's been our big weakness in recent years

Mido ‏@midoahm 1m
Erikssen to spurs..a great young player but do we need anymore midfielders? #COYS

I think Eriksen will interchange with Lamela and Townsend/Lennon/Chadli etc. Should be in theory a fluid and interchangable front three with Soldado the main focul point. Positions are just to put the names somewhere on the formation screen on BBC/Sky etc

I meant as a three. As much as I like Eriksen more advanced with two of Dembele/Paulinho and Sandro/Capoue, I am pretty sure we could have had Holtby or Sigurdsson play there instead?

I think/hope he's being signed to play on the left of a front 3. Has he ever done that before?

Coutinho is a central attacking player that has great success playing in a left sided role and coming in field so maybe that's the plan for Eriksen?

I think/hope he's being signed to play on the left of a front 3. Has he ever done that before?

Coutinho is a central attacking player that has great success playing in a left sided role and coming in field so maybe that's the plan for Eriksen?

Maybe, in a similar way to Sigurdsson?

Maybe, in a similar way to Sigurdsson?

Yeh but more effective then Siggy hopefully. Like coutinho who is always involved in general play and finds space. I love central attacking players that can start out wide and still have the ability to dictate play...remember how great Luka was at it?

That's kind of why i wanted us to sign Mkytianan that eventually went to Dortmund. Going by what i saw i thought he had the ability to dictate a game from a wide position and coming infield...same with Dzagoev who i absolutely love.

Mido ‏@midoahm 1m
Erikssen to spurs..a great young player but do we need anymore midfielders? #COYS

Mido ‏@midoahm 26m
I played with Erikssen at Ajax and I think he is a top talent. .wldnt play him if I have sandro and dembele and paulinho fit. .#COYS

Mido thinks he's best as a central midfielder too.

That's where the talent gap is in our team tbh.
If you looked at our squad you'd say we need a left back and a left sided midfielder.

Jeez....if we can tie up Lamela, Eriksen and the Romanian dude who's name I need to learnt to spell, then we'll have had a fantastic window. Would never have thought that we would sell Bale but end up stronger

Jeez....if we can tie up Lamela, Eriksen and the Romanian dude who's name I need to learnt to spell, then we'll have had a fantastic window. Would never have thought that we would sell Bale but end up stronger

Vlad...

Seriously, not that hard to spell ;)

Either those players at 0:20 are running in treacle or Eriksen isn't slow and one-paced like some have claimed. He's always looked "nippy" to me, he darts in between players and has a good burst of speed. It's not all about pace anyway, the ball moves quicker than even the fastest players.

Back