• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He looks like a VDV type player to me. Touch, a few sexy skills, not an athletic machine like some of our players, but a deft touch - just what we need. Lets hope this is true and that we can keep it on the low down.

Can anyone reassure me that this player isn't just another Sig? I'm hoping I'm totally wrong about him but I'm not excited by this link.

is this guy quick

who is he similar too?

i am sad that we didnt get pjanic or dzagoev but hey ho. I trust the management

The Van der Vaart comparison is not totally off the mark, although he doesn't get in to the box as much and thus doesn't score as much. He is however faster than Van der Vaart and better with both feet (he is right footed) and he's very good at direct free kicks. Passing, creativity, movement and long shots is his main strengths i would say. He's not a dribbler like Willian or Lamela but does have decent dribbling skills.

these video's, although good at showing his tricks and some goals - don't really give much insight to, what i presume is the reason we're signing him for - his creativity

The Van der Vaart comparison is not totally off the mark, although he doesn't get in to the box as much and thus doesn't score as much. He is however faster than Van der Vaart and better with both feet (he is right footed) and he's very good at direct free kicks. Passing, creativity, movement and long shots is his main strengths i would say. He's not a dribbler like Willian or Lamela but does have decent dribbling skills.

You mean a Modric that can shoot?

Luka was more of a dictator, Eriksen's more forward thinking. If Luka is Xavi then Eriksen is Iniesta - stylistically.

Very, very silky. Similar to Rafa, the sort of player who was born to play for Spurs

Cant see how people say that he's slow - looking at the you tube clips he looks fine from a pace perspective. Get him in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 with Lennon and Lamela alongside him and Soldado up top and we'll be awesome!!

The Daily Telegraph are reporting that Ajax and Tottenham have agreed a €11m fee for Danish international midfielder Christian Eriksen.

That's about £9,450,000 at today's exchange rates.

Luka was more of a dictator, Eriksen's more forward thinking. If Luka is Xavi then Eriksen is Iniesta - stylistically.

Great analogy IMO. When I first saw him come through I saw him as a modric type player. I never saw him as an attacking player in the Cazorla mould who is who I would describe him as now

He really has improved his shooting/goals but hasn't been stretched much in the last few years which is why I think this wold be a perfect move for him.

He is clever without being a bag of tricks and doesn't over do it which you don't have time for in the EPL

He is much better than what I believe Siggy to be and that can only be a good thing and he has a big point to prove with his move if it comes off

Not an exact science by any stretch of the imagination, but just from comparing the highlights reels I'd tag Erikson over Hulk as the £40m player!

Again, only highlights, but there do seem to be quite a lot of them!

At e11m, if secured, he looks a great piece of business.

I'm just ruminating here...but looking at how Verts settled really well and quickly, would it be too much of a stretch to think (hope) that players brought through the 'Ajax way' could possibly be well suited to playing under AVB/his team set up?

Ergo, he will also settle quickly?

Back