• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He can open up defences when on form. Would love us to sign him as he's different to the options we currently have

Doesn't really grab my enthusiasm this but at the money quoted it seems like a worthy addition - can't say i have seen much of him though

I see him as an option to play exactly were Dembele did on Sunday when we need to be bit more creative to break down a defence.
-----------Soldado----------
Chadli-----------------Lamela
------Eriksen---Paulinho------
-----------Sandro-----------

I just see Eriksen being the typical young number 10 who becomes a deeper lying player as he matures just likes of Modric, Pirlo, Scholes and Schweinsteiger did.

For me the real issue with our team is the left wing. Lamela can play behind Soldado if we need someone in that Bale position. We have so many option on the right. There's not much competition for Chadli.

Just out of curiosity what do you see as the difference between Eriksen and those young number 10s who become inside forwards?

I see him as an option to play exactly were Dembele did on Sunday when we need to be bit more creative to break down a defence.
-----------Soldado----------
Chadli-----------------Lamela
------Eriksen---Paulinho------
-----------Sandro-----------

I just see Eriksen being the typical young number 10 who becomes a deeper lying player as he matures just likes of Modric, Pirlo, Scholes and Schweinsteiger did.

For me the real issue with our team is the left wing. Lamela can play behind Soldado if we need someone in that Bale position. We have so many option on the right. There's not much competition for Chadli.

If AVB and Baldini seriously believe he is better than Dembele, then we should go for it (and cash in on Mousa - United may be interested?).

I just don't want him being leavered in in place of a proper Willian-style left inside forward.

Neither Siggy or Holtby have shown enough to justify being in our starting 11 yet if we want to finish in the top 4. They're bench players.

Paulinho alongside Sandro or Capoue in CM, Lennon, Eriken and Lemela in front of those 2 and Soldado up top. That's top 4 standard! You can then have some of Sandro/Capoue, Dembele, Holtby, Siggy, Defoe, Chadli, Townsend etc on the bench. That's an eff-ing strong squad!!!

Holtby or Siggy are great squad options when they have Dembele and Paulinho ahead of them.

To me Lamela and Townsend will be on the right with Chadli on the left. We therefore need to compliment Chadli with the player that Willian would have been. If we are getting Eriksen and he isn't playing in that position, then we need someone else for that too I feel.

If AVB and Baldini seriously believe he is better than Dembele, then we should go for it (and cash in on Mousa - United may be interested?).

I just don't want him being leavered in in place of a proper Willian-style left inside forward.

Me neither, I just have to believe that out of all the players we can go for, and with all the money that we apparently have considering the Willian bid and the fact that we seem to view this summer as the 'real push' to achieve something, that they must view Eriksen as capable of playing that role.

We might always continue to play 4-2-3-1. I know AVB used to play 4-3-3 and our youth teams play that way but signing Eriksen doesn't support that. Maybe Willian was going to be played in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1?

Me neither, I just have to believe that out of all the players we can go for, and with all the money that we apparently have considering the Willian bid and the fact that we seem to view this summer as the 'real push' to achieve something, that they must view Eriksen as capable of playing that role.

Unless Willian was going to play in the role which Eriksen will now play

Maybe AVB and Baldini read glory-glory and like the idea of my christmas tree formation with Lamela and Eriksen in behind Soldado.

Last edited:
Maybe this has been added before, but couldn't find it. This is from AFP, a news agency I think.

Tottenham have been linked with Erik Lamela, Christian Eriksen and Vlad Chiriches over the last week.

"I have told you that we will continue re-strengthening the squad so we are looking at different positions to make us stronger. Not only those players, others as well," Villas-Boas said.

"In the next couple of days we will have further news and I think we will see further additions at Tottenham."

So, we are at least looking at him as a possibility.

ajaxinside ‏@ajaxinside 1m

Marc Overmars has confirmed that #Eriksen will talk with the Spurs about a move to London.

Overmars "There is only an agreement if the signatures are put, the club have given Eriksen permission to talk to Spurs"

IMO he woulds be an upgrade on Siggy as he's better to operate in tight areas. He's a classic number 10, but can also do a job in midfield, as a false number 9 and as a leftsided inside wing playmaker (like Modric). However he's currently not at the same level as Cazorla, Mata or Silva. If Mata is available I would prefer him to Eriksen, however Eriksen is available at well below his market value dut to his contract situation so there's not really any risk in signing him.

Back