• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I think Eriksen is a quality buy, I just worry about what it would mean for the development of Holtby, Carroll and Siggy.

I am absolutely astounded some people aren't convinced by this guy, wtf?! This isn't just your average player with potential this guy is the real deal I find it hard to believe we could actually sign him....

Dutch media reporting that the Eriksen deal is done for EURO 10m - that's £8,580,000...

A5040_zps8f52803d.jpg

IMO he is a better prospect than all the younger players there now and is a different player to Arteta.

Coutinho hasn't done anything yet to earn half the plaudits people are giving him

Ramsey is very under rated but still doesn't have a defined position

Anderson is cruelly underused and played out of position. He looked a spectacularly good number 10 in Portugal but United play him as a holder type a lot and he isn't that kind of player

Cleverly wouldn't get in our team and hasn't really stepped up at all and Mikel is pretty poor IMO

talking ability wise and based on what he has done on the pitch. for instnace i can tell you that i have seen coutinho play quite a few times now and to be honest ....the boy can play...i mean he is good

ramsey is one that i can agree is an issue with where you play him...but you can see his skill set....his passing, technical ability ...understanding of space and movement etc.

so its just playing ability i am after in comparison

Coutinho is the only player you can compare him to ability wise and I believe they are on par.

why just coutinho? is there something that stops us comparing his passing and technical ability and decision making to the other players on the list for example?

:eek: :ross:

I'm an Ajax fan, just had to sign up when I saw that comment. How can you claim Fischer is better than Eriksen? Beyond ridiculous mate.
Eriksen is by far our best player and him staying or going will probably decide the dutch championship. Fischer is a nice talent but right now he's an average winger at best. Has been our worst player this season so far.

I'd just like to point out that this is the only Ajax fan in this thread. Take his word for it, please.

why just coutinho? is there something that stops us comparing his passing and technical ability and decision making to the other players on the list for example?

Of course not but the passes you make as a central midfielder is just often diferent from the one you make as a number 10. From the list I would say only Arteta is a better all round passer but I believe Eriksen has better vision therefore is more capable of playing the unexpected through ball.

Ajax boss discussing transfer.

"De Boer: "Chris is out loss' From our special reporters
AMSTERDAM -
Frank de Boer has mixed feelings about the transfer of Christian Eriksen to Tottenham Hotspur. The coach of Ajax player awards are the step higher, but will miss him.

"His departure is a huge loss, because Chris is terribly important," said De Boer, who as B-junior siphoning him to the A1 and - after Martin Jol was left - a permanent basis instead gave in Ajax 1 "We always have. may very well get along. Footballers well and also a professional ideal, are ideal for a coach players. "
He is confident that Eriksen will also succeed in the Premier League. "It would surprise me if that were not so," said De Boer, who does not know or Ajax goals for this season - champion and overwinter in the Champions League -. Should adjust "That depends on whether we are players rent or buy. Not of the level of Eriksen, but close to it. We have a lot of guys with talent, but they are not yet able to play. 'Three games at the highest level in eight days"

http://translate.google.com/transla...e_Boer___Aderlating_voor_Ajax___.html?cid=rss

I am absolutely astounded some people aren't convinced by this guy, wtf?! This isn't just your average player with potential this guy is the real deal I find it hard to believe we could actually sign him....

This is not the poor Dutch league though, and he constantly fail to impress for Denmark. Not sure he can step up, but let's see.

Of course not but the passes you make as a central midfielder is just often diferent from the one you make as a number 10. From the list I would say only Arteta is a better all round passer but I believe Eriksen has better vision therefore is more capable of playing the unexpected through ball.

yeah okay i see where we got our wires crossed

i am talking about passing range, short and long, from various areas of the pitch. failing that i would be satisfied with ability to replicate a pass in comparison to these other players on a technical level......for instance...can he thread a pass REGULARLY between two opposition players that are relatively close together...well weighted .....to a team mate thats moving into a zone behind those opposition players?

am not asking for that kind of detail mate of course not, but its that kind of though in my head when i ask for comparisons.

composure on the ball from deep or in tight nit spaces with opposition around him?

is his pass and move game as good as ramseys? etc etc

not being difficult...i just dont know **** about this kid

I think Eriksen is a quality buy, I just worry about what it would mean for the development of Holtby, Carroll and Siggy.

They'll either step up and be part of a strong squad or leave. What would you prefer:
1) we finish 3rd OR
2) we be nice to Holtby, Carroll and Siggy by giving them game time when they don't merit it and finish 5th yet again

Ultimately if they're good enough they'll succeed. All have decent core footballing skills so have every chance but the club is more important than them

This is not the poor Dutch league though, and he constantly fail to impress for Denmark. Not sure he can step up, but let's see.

Who cares about International football? Rooney has been ****e for England for a while and is still one of the best strikers in the division.

He's been excellent in the Dutch league (from the little I've seen of him and from what regular viewers of him say) and he's been excellent in the CL.

There is always a risk of failure to step up, with any transfer. Veron was one of the best players in the world when he signed for Man Utd and he didn't step up. We'll have to see how he does (and give him time, he's still only 21) if he does join.

yeah okay i see where we got our wires crossed

i am talking about passing range, short and long, from various areas of the pitch. failing that i would be satisfied with ability to replicate a pass in comparison to these other players on a technical level......for instance...can he thread a pass REGULARLY between two opposition players that are relatively close together...well weighted .....to a team mate thats moving into a zone behind those opposition players?

am not asking for that kind of detail mate of course not, but its that kind of though in my head when i ask for comparisons.

composure on the ball from deep or in tight nit spaces with opposition around him?

is his pass and move game as good as ramseys? etc etc

not being difficult...i just dont know **** about this kid

He's technically much better that Ramsey altough Ramsey might be better defensively. He reminds me a bit of Siggy, but while Siggy is a great player, due to his size he sometimes look a bit clumsy in tight areas which happens a lot when you play in the whole against teams with a defensive approach which most of our opponents tend to have.

This is where Eriksen is much better as he has quick feet and therefore I think he'll perform better than Gylfi for us. At the prize quoted, I definately think we should get him in. In his last 20 games or so for club and country he has scored 6 goals from direct free kicks, so he should be able to fill the gap that Bale leaves in that department.

Back