• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

All the experts on here say no but I think Dembele and Sandro are rivals.

Carlisle was saying he thinks Dembele should be scoring 10 plus but IMO he ain't got that in him.

the way we are set up it seems we have one midfielder who is out and out defensive. Then one more for the transition but who can also swap with the more forward one and then finally the furthest forward.

so....

--------------------------Sandro / Capoue
------------------Dembele / Paulinhio / Carroll
-----------------------------------Eriksen / Holtby / Siggurdsson

the 4-2-3-1 really makes sense with holtby and Eriksen.

Last edited:
Carlisle was saying ...

Hmmmm. As pundits go, i think he's v poor. He's articulate (if somewhat dreary in his delivery) but i think the ITV powers that be have confused the fact he is articulate with the idea he is knowledgeable. I rarely hear him say anything of merit.

Call me controversial, but I'm starting to wonder with all these attacking midfielders we're signing, whether we'll see a less of Dembele???Just can't see how they'll all fit and we've already seen he can't cut it in the no.10 role.
It's not like he ever lasts more than 70mins either!!

Probably. I'd rate Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue as better than him in the holding midfield role, and Eriksen, Siggy and Holtby as better than him in the attacking midfield role, so I'm guessing Dembele will be used in only certain games when we're rotating, or from the bench. That's no bad thing in my view, as after a promising start last year I don't think he did much for us really.

Only problem I have with Dembele is that he can sometimes not move the ball swiftly. Sandro and Capoue seen to do so, I'm not sure about Paulinho yet, think he does from the deeper role. Generally I think Dembele is very intelligent and very good defensively. I love Sandro and have more of a personal attachment to him but not sure he offers more to the team.

Hmmmm. As pundits go, i think he's v poor. He's articulate (if somewhat dreary in his delivery) but i think the ITV powers that be have confused the fact he is articulate with the idea he is knowledgeable. I rarely hear him say anything of merit.

He is a bit dreary but I do like him. I think he has been hit and miss but im always interested in what he says - maybe because the guy is so damn articulate as you say. Then again I may well be confusing articulate with knowledgable (thats how I have blagged my way through work life haha).

Neville really is the best pundit around in my view - he really knows his stuff and he will make a super Manager if he decides to go down that path.

He is a bit dreary but I do like him. I think he has been hit and miss but im always interested in what he says - maybe because the guy is so damn articulate as you say. Then again I may well be confusing articulate with knowledgable (thats how I have blagged my way through work life haha).

Neville really is the best pundit around in my view - he really knows his stuff and he will make a super Manager if he decides to go down that path.

No doubt that Neville works hard at it, does his research and knows his stuff. His voice isn't that pleasent to listen too, but he has cured that by getting Carragher in the same room as him.

Must say that, forgetting his baseball cap wearing antics at Stoke, Pullis has been good on ITV

Carlisle is a terrible pundit/co-commentator. He isn't even that articulate, he rambles on and contradicts himself. For example, last night, he was going on about how players benefit from actual games as opposed to training, as they "strain every sinew" and make a maximum effort...two minutes later, he talks about how the players would be able to recover no problem (for Sunday), because they actually don't have to exert as much effort in this sort of game. And that's just one thing off the top of my head, he does my brain in over the 90 minutes with his inane ****!

Generally, he makes rubbish points and I'd prefer it if there was an option to mute the commentators and just have the crowd noise on. People like Neville because he is one of the few who actually has the odd thing to contribute, as opposed to w*nky platitudes and other assorted clichés.

Ok, carry on...

:lol:

Carlisle is a terrible pundit/co-commentator. He isn't even that articulate, he rambles on and contradicts himself. For example, last night, he was going on about how players benefit from actual games as opposed to training, as they "strain every sinew" and make a maximum effort...two minutes later, he talks about how the players would be able to recover no problem (for Sunday), because they actually don't have to exert as much effort in this sort of game. And that's just one thing off the top of my head, he does my brain in over the 90 minutes with his inane ****!

Generally, he makes rubbish points and I'd prefer it if there was an option to mute the commentators and just have the crowd noise on. People like Neville because he is one of the few who actually has the odd thing to contribute, as opposed to w*nky platitudes and other assorted clichés.

Ok, carry on...

I lost you at that point ;)

Ok, carry on...

I did chortle when Carlisle made the (very valid) point about Carroll always looking for the forward/incisive pass and hardly ever goes backwards or sideways followed by a short pause and Matterface saying "Carroll with the square ball to Holtby".

I wonder if Eriksen will be our last signing of the summer!

I hope that we can get Coentrao and another forward (along with Eriksen).

*edit* But I should also add, I want us to compete for the title. With BAE on his way out, we only have Rose at left-back. Naughton and Vertonghen don't look comfortable in that position and Fryers is unproven. Coentrao and Rose would make us strong in that position.

Likewise, if we can get someone like Hernandez, that'd make us almost immune to a bad injury to Soldado. We would have a bullet-proof squad then imo. (except like-for-like cover for Lloris).

Last edited:
Back