• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Di Matteo gone

Seriously though - is it gonna be a Guardiola battle for the moneyboys?

That will depend on what he wants. If he wants to become a highly paid gun for hire who takes a new job every year and a half then either Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea make absolute sense. If he wants to build something or have a say in how the club is run, he should look elsewhere. There's a lot of money being one of the handful of managers who move between the highly paid jobs, so I wouldn't blame him if he took that option but I thought that he was looking for something else and the talk of the pressure at Barca being too much points to that too.

I think he would have taken it in a heartbeat. Solid pay day and plenty of resources available to him.

Say he is in line for the QPR job now, do you really not think he could get a job like that if he first took the Chelsea job and then got the sack after a year? I think he would walk into a job like that. Meanwhile a chance to actually win something in his career.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
He is a clever man.
He knows where his skill-set is at it's best.
I frankly don't think he could've managed the Chelski dressing room without Lampard and terry, both of which have been marginalized slowly and in varying stages. If Lampard had still been there, perhaps, just perhaps...he did sniff it before AVB went there...
QPR is perfect for him. They'll stay up and make a late run for Europa League.

Heard of Talksport (I think it was Adrian Durham) that informastion that he was given was that Hughes has been given the next two games against Manure and Sunderland to save his job. Apparently, lose both and he's out

6885227808_4254d15ebd_o.gif

:ross:=D>

Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague on 5 live Sport: "The profile that Rafael Benitez has got in England is very strange. How quickly people have forgotten that he took Liverpool to two Champions League finals and that he won the Spanish league with Valencia, a league that has got Barcelona and Real Madrid. He also won the Uefa Cup with Valencia. Now he is laughed at, as some sort of fat waiter."

Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague on 5 live Sport: "The profile that Rafael Benitez has got in England is very strange. How quickly people have forgotten that he took Liverpool to two Champions League finals and that he won the Spanish league with Valencia, a league that has got Barcelona and Real Madrid. He also won the Uefa Cup with Valencia. Now he is laughed at, as some sort of fat waiter."

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

1:29 AM - 21 Nov 12: Rafa Benítez has not been called or approached by Chelsea

11:11 AM - 21 Nov 12: Rafa Benitez will be the next Chelsea manager

Approximately 10 hours between those tweets.

My 15 year old son shocked me just now.

He came up to me and said he had taken my advice and was going to seek temporary work over the Christmas holiday. And like a mug I believed him.

He then told me he'd applied for the Chelsea managers job.

Not surprised Chelsea sacked Di Matteo. The only surprise is it took them this long. Despite winning the CL, he was never going to be the right manager for them considering the high profile of all the other managers Abromovich has appointed previously.

Funny thing is, Chelsea fans cannot even back their manager as they are too scared to upset Abromovich.

Surely it turns the players attitudes to complete brick aswell. They never have to take responsibility for a crap game, the manager just gets sacked after poor results absolving them from blame.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
He is a clever man.
He knows where his skill-set is at it's best.
I frankly don't think he could've managed the Chelski dressing room without Lampard and terry, both of which have been marginalized slowly and in varying stages. If Lampard had still been there, perhaps, just perhaps...he did sniff it before AVB went there...
QPR is perfect for him. They'll stay up and make a late run for Europa League.

No problems there mate :)

Especially when it comes to something so trivial as the hypothetical situation of our ghost of Tottenham past possibly becoming the ghost of bastards fc present.

Surely it turns the players attitudes to complete brick aswell. They never have to take responsibility for a crap game, the manager just gets sacked after poor results absolving them from blame.

And there is the silver lining. They will never fix the problem. With their resources they should have done better than one league title in the six years since Mourinho's second, especially as United were hampered by the Glazers and Arsenal by the Emirates.

imo Benitez is either going to lead them to the title this season, or it will go the other way and the whole place will implode under his leadership and they will finish outside the top 4

Benitez has the ability to really stir things up, positively or negatively....watch this space

Back