• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: O/T Manager Sack Watch - Di Matteo gone

[video]http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/avb-in-no-position-to-advise-di-matteo/[/video]

Benitez is the man who wanted to sell Xabi Alonso and then replace him with Gareth Barry

thats says it all folks

Benitez is the man who wanted to sell Xabi Alonso and then replace him with Gareth Barry

thats says it all folks

Yea he had built a really good side there, then single handedly dismantled it himself if my memory serves correctly. He also completely lost the plot in that last season, I know a fair few southern Liverpool fans (they all go to plenty of games though) and they were all happy to see him go.

Yea he had built a really good side there, then single handedly dismantled it himself if my memory serves correctly. He also completely lost the plot in that last season, I know a fair few southern Liverpool fans (they all go to plenty of games though) and they were all happy to see him go.

He certainly lost it in the end, but don't forget he had to deal with Hicks and Gillett and the financial problems they caused. His CL perfomances and the second place gave cover for the chaos behind the scenes, just as Fergie's success has allowed the Glazers to pillage United.

Roman probably went for Benitez solely to see if he could get Torres going again.

He won Abramovich the Champions League but was repeatedly told to play Torres: The real story behind Di Matteo's brutal sacking

Don't know how much truth there is to this, but its an interesting read.
Lets hope the Russian continues to interfere with team selections and that Chelski implodes once again.

I'm sure its largely true and based on inside information, but is biased for the same reason.

Di Matteo knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed the contract in the summer. The fact it was only two years suggested he was not the favourite choice and he can't have been unaware of the owners habit of interfering, especially as the Torres situation seems to parallel the Shevchenko one. They must have discussed transfer targets during the negotiations and he had to know that after Chelsea had spent £50m on Torres, he would be expected to play him. You can make a similar argument for Rodgers and Carroll, although somehow Rodgers was allowed to loan him out. You can just imagine how Abramovich would have reacted to a similar request.

The article also paints Di Matteo as an innocent party in the Clattenburg incident. But wasn't he the one who led the invasion of the referees dressing room?

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

New Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez appoints Boudewijn Zenden as his assistant, according to Dutchman's father and agent.

article-2236894-16292106000005DC-678_634x370.jpg

article-2236894-16271CFA000005DC-974_634x431.jpg

article-2236894-162A63A4000005DC-176_634x388.jpg

article-2236894-1629EED9000005DC-686_634x391.jpg

Who's the driver, Joe Cole?

Chelsea fans "It's true, supporting Chelsea does have the feeling of battered wife syndrome"

Re: The Official Oh F*** Chelsea destroyed footie thead.

Speaking in 2007, Benitez claimed: "Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team. But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only one club in England, and that's Liverpool."

On Chelsea's move to hand out flags to supporters ahead of a Champions League tie against Liverpool in 2007, he said: "We don't need to give away flags for our fans to wave - our supporters are always there with their hearts, and that is all we need. It's the passion of the fans that helps to win matches - not flags."

Should make it interesting.

Re: The Official Oh F*** Chelsea destroyed footie thead feat. FSW

Ferguson feels the Spaniard is 'very lucky' to be handed the Chelsea job, just weeks before they attempt to land the FIFA Club World Cup.

"Everyone feels for Roberto Di Matteo, and quite rightly," said Ferguson.

"It is quite amazing when you think that he has won the FA Cup and the Champions League.

"The biggest disappointment for me is that in two weeks' time they are going to the world championship (FIFA Club World Cup). You would have thought they would have waited to give the guy a chance to win it.

"Rafa Benitez is very lucky because on his CV in two weeks' time he could have two world championships to his name - and has had nothing to do with the teams.

"Jose Mourinho won the treble with Inter Milan. He (Benitez) took over and won the world championship without having to do anything and having nothing to do with the construction of the teams."

Reports have suggested that QPR boss Mark Hughes could also be sacked if his side loses at Old Trafford on Saturday, but Ferguson hopes the former United striker will be given more time to turn things around.

"I do not know where that has come from," he said. "But if you do not fancy the manager, why wait until next week?

"Tony Fernandes has said he is supporting Mark and wants long-term management. If that is the case, Mark should be OK."

Ferguson also reiterated his backing for Mark Clattenburg, who has been cleared of racism allegations made by Chelsea in the aftermath of their match with United.

He said: "I did not believe it anyway. The unfortunate thing for Mark is that he has had to carry that stain for the last few weeks.

"Everyone in the game is pleased for him now - apart from Chelsea."

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/8273438/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-could-not-resist-taking-a-dig-at-new-Chelsea-boss-Rafael-Benitez

Re: The Official Oh F*** Chelsea Destroyed Footie Thread feat. FSW

John Terry is looking forward to working with Rafa Benitez following Spaniard's appointment as interim CFC boss his assistant.

Chelsea fans giving Benitez a frosty welcome today :ross: don't these idiots realise they aren't helping their club? Hopefully this will be another Steve Keen type fiasco, could really screw up Chelski

Chelsea fans giving Benitez a frosty welcome today :ross: don't these idiots realise they aren't helping their club? Hopefully this will be another Steve Keen type fiasco, could really screw up Chelski

Yeah, they'd have to fire their manager, that would be new.. 8-[

Rafael Benitez insists he will silence the hostility from Chelsea's fans after he received an angry welcome before and during his first game in charge.

Benitez was booed when he appeared in the technical area and was subjected to abusive chants during the goalless draw with Emirates Marketing Project.

"When fans are singing for me or against me I don't care. I want to change the perception," he said.

"How will I do it? By working hard, doing my best and winning games."

Benitez is certain he will reverse the opinion of Chelsea's supporters, who also chanted their support for Roberto Di Matteo, who was dismissed by owner Roman Abramovich only six months after winning the FA Cup and Champions League.

"I said I will concentrate on the game and will not pay attention to anything but the performances," he said.

"I have been here in England for eight years and I've heard a lot of things. They will see that I am a professional and I will try to my job to the best I can.

"I am sure we will win games and we will win games together."

Benitez brushed off banners reading "Rafa Out", by saying: "How many people do you need to write a banner? Maybe one and two to hold it up.

"If we start winning games they will come on board and they will see that I will try to do my best for them. I have confidence we will win games and some of the fans will realise it is not the way to support your team.

"They will say 'we have a professional' and I will keep working hard and doing my job properly."

But he said: "The fans are there, they support their team and we have to respect them."

Benitez spoke with Abramovich after the game. He said: "It has been a difficult time because of the last games.

"He knows my opinion and at the moment he will be thinking like me. We have to win, we want to win and like the fans we want to win together."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20490145

Back