• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

Keep calm and carry on. We've had a great start, but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. A lot can happen in 31 games.

Could not agree more, there were a FEW fans in the crowd yesterday who were already moaning about some of our players not being good enough to beat 10/11 men. :rolleyes:

Worse teams than us have done the unthinkable with no European football to contend with - if we get some luck with keeping the starting XI fit then I wouldn't rule anything out.

Worse teams than us have done the unthinkable with no European football to contend with - if we get some luck with keeping the starting XI fit then I wouldn't rule anything out.
But those worst teams weren’t up against a country that has literally spent £B to stay at the top
The only thing I can relate to our possible situation is Napoli last season
It he make up of our team and manger is kinda similar

Top of the league and two weeks without games ahead.

Interesting fixtures in the next round.

Liverpool - Everton
Emirates Marketing Project - Brighton
Chelsea - Arsenal
Fulham - Spurs

Liverpool will destroy Everton and go top as they play first, but who will end the weekend in first place?

Top of the league and two weeks without games ahead.

Interesting fixtures in the next round.

Liverpool - Everton
Emirates Marketing Project - Brighton
Chelsea - Arsenal
Fulham - Spurs

Liverpool will destroy Everton and go top as they play first, but who will end the weekend in first place?
We have Fulham at home so us

I was only asking my son this morning why are these nutters at other clubs saying we ain't going to win league? I not seen or heard anyone at club or fans say this. The results have been better than expected but I feel the euthoria of the fans is based on the style of our play after 3 seasons of grinding out results with methodical play we now play with an intent to be assertive.

We’ve got 8 points on City already.

I think we’ll achieve something this season, but likely it’ll be bottling it worse than the arse did last year.

I was only asking my son this morning why are these nutters at other clubs saying we ain't going to win league? I not seen or heard anyone at club or fans say this. The results have been better than expected but I feel the euthoria of the fans is based on the style of our play after 3 seasons of grinding out results with methodical play we now play with an intent to be assertive.

I have. Was in the pub and the arsenal fans were saying enjoy it while it lasts. Told them they should just give us the trophy now. Waste of time playing the rest of the season. We are nailed on.

Was i serious? Maybe not.

But fudge em. Lets enjoy it.

A lot depends on Johnson. We are missing something up front to be top at the end of the season.

if Kulu can start to score more frequently - and he should he has the ability. If Johnson stretches defences and adds goals, plus Son, Madison and our CBs stay fit anything is possible…but the chances of all these things happening are slim. Add that we’d need City/goons/pool to get injuries and the odds are even slimmer. But at least we’re in the mix.

We need the more peripheral figures in our team to kick on. Sarr and Bissouma to start scoring. Udogie is simmering but will he explode?

Johnson/Gil/Soloman/Veliz/Bentancur. If half of them can come into the side and do well they can give us an extra gear and dynamic when we need it around Xmas.

A lot depends on Johnson. We are missing something up front to be top at the end of the season.

if Kulu can start to score more frequently - and he should he has the ability. If Johnson stretches defences and adds goals, plus Son, Madison and our CBs stay fit anything is possible…but the chances of all these things happening are slim. Add that we’d need City/goons/pool to get injuries and the odds are even slimmer. But at least we’re in the mix.

We need the more peripheral figures in our team to kick on. Sarr and Bissouma to start scoring. Udogie is simmering but will he explode?

Johnson/Gil/Soloman/Veliz/Bentancur. If half of them can come into the side and do well they can give us an extra gear and dynamic when we need it around Xmas.
Your logic is right but we’re top of the table on goals scored don’t forget
We are scoring and it’s spread across the team
The back ups need to come though and push to be starters
It won’t happen in defence because we di to have better, but it would great to see in attack and midfield

Last edited:
So thats the first team, under 21’s and under 18’s all top of the table this week.

Your logic is right but we’re top of the table on goals scored don’t forget
We are scoring and it’s spread across the team
The back ups need to come though and push to be starters
It won’t happen in defence because we di to have better, but it would great to see in attack and midfield

I think we can see it in the front three. There's the possibility there of Johnson, Richarlison, Solomon, Gil or someone making themselves undroppable. But unless that happens I do think there's a chance we could/should add to our attacking options in January.

In midfield I'm more uncertain of that happening. Bentancur probably will, certainly if he gets back to his best. I'm not sure Skipp or Hojbjerg will push the starters at all.

Edit: Forgot about GLC. I do think he can make himself a useful squad player if he manages to stay fit and available. Pushing the starters tough, I'm not so sure.

Back