• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

If Romero or VdV get injured ... we are fudged .... if udogie gets injured we are fudged ... if son gets injured we are fudged ....

So here is to hoping I guess...

I don't think it's that bleak.

Davies is a very capable backup left back. Richarlison is a better backup striker than we've had for ages.

At centre back I would be more concerned. But we've made a lot of changes to this team since last season and are yet to see how Dier would do if called upon. A downgrade on Romero and VdV for sure, but may prove to be an adequate backup.

"Without Harry Kane, Spurs will be bottom half."
This is why I've always argued and I have a clear track record on this here that any player can be replaced. Not always with someone like for like but their impact or influence on a side can nearly always be compensated for in some manner. Sometimes with multiple players and sometimes with one player but their impact can be largely compensated for.

Far too often a lot of Spurs fans get stuck on the name and game of a particular player and think the world is falling if we lose them. I say no, if you are prepared and scout well almost any player can be replaced and sometimes to the overall betterment of the squad.

Sometimes it might be a painful thought but we'll get over it when we start seeing the performances.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Here's one for you. We're actually not doing all that much better than we started last season. This is the table at the end of 17th September 2022, with us top alongside Emirates Marketing Project, before Arsenal won their fixture that weekend.

View attachment 16171

So let's not get too carried away. It could all go tits up very easily.

That said, it all feels so different from how it did last season. Then, we were scraping wins through individual brilliance (i.e. Kane) and it just didn't feel sustainable. Now, there's such a buzz about the club and we're playing lovely attacking football -- some of the one-touch play between Sonny and Maddison (and the rest) has been beautiful.

If we're still up there once we've played Emirates Marketing Project, I'll start to believe. But not a moment sooner.

No doubt we are better than last year. But you are right to be cautious. We are work in progress. Still developing as a side. Yet there is more to be posistive about now, as we refine and bed into this new way of playing.

View attachment 16173

My concern is are we going to be able to keep having good signings? I feel we've been spoilt last summer, in the future we will surely get some good ones - or am i just being a worry monger? If we can line up 1 or 2 signings in the backline and in the middle for January?
You're all can'ts.

It's silly and Goldstein is clearly on a wind-up, but I will still enjoy this tasty salty content while I still can.

Just to provide a little perspective on unlikely lads lifting the title. Sorry, no fancy diagrams, graphs or charts here.

Leicester City were 4W 4D 1L - 16 points - after nine games in the 2015-16 season, when they won the league. Seven points less than what we have now. They did win game #10, so, no pressure on Ange and the boys. We have a cushion in our title-chasing pace.

Also, after advancing two rounds, they went out of the League Cup on PKs to Hull in the round of 16, right after game #10. So they'd played one extra game to this point and, like us this season, had no European football to add stress. They didn't pass our current point total until game #13, three weeks later in the schedule.

Their schedule up to game #10 was fairly soft, mostly playing bottom half teams, including relegated Aston Villa and Norwich among six of the bottom seven they faced. At home, they drew against us, 1-1 and lost 2-5 to Arsenal, who beat them twice but still finished 10 points back.

Traditional big club contenders Liverpool and Chelsea finished 8th and 10th respectively. Not unlike how ManU and Chelsea are already behaving - and currently positioned - this season. ManU and MoneyCity finished tied for 4th on 66 pts., but City had far the better goal difference.

Cann we be living - and living better - in a parallel universe? In The Twilight Zone?

BNpL66U.jpg

Rod will be along shortly to answer your questions. Enjoy your smoke.

Last edited:
Next six games after Palace will show us how good we really are. Chelski, Wolves, Villa, City, West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - all very testing games in their own ways. Four of them being at home should help, of course. If we come out on the other end still looking good and getting the wins, then we can start to dream.

Next six games after Palace will show us how good we really are. Chelski, Wolves, Villa, City, West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - all very testing games in their own ways. Four of them being at home should help, of course. If we come out on the other end still looking good and getting the wins, then we can start to dream.

So we're in the "dreaming about starting to dream" phase?

I often dream but many are preludes to nightmares!

Back