• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Good to see him get some trust from Conte. Good performance again. Still some way off being in contention for a start I would guess, but should lead to some more minutes at least.

Played really well, his best performance, but he needs to do it more often. Obviously needs the chances.
Would have him playing way before Moura.

Definitely worth giving him some minutes at least, not just 5 minutes at the end. He obviously has some talent and can at least beat a player.

Showed more heart in 20 minutes by himself than all 11 of them put together in the entirety of the first half.

He's got a really chaotic running style - keeps looking like he's going to lose control of the ball, but never quite does. Apart from that he has a 'yapping terrier' sort of approach to pressing, harrying and fighting for the ball - he never quite gives up on it and as a result, picks up balls you think the opposition are going to win.

The refs robbed us of the result, but Gil was the brightest thing to come out of the game, and I pray to GHod Conte gives him starts going forward. The kid's got talent, heart and energy - it would be an utter shame if he left Spurs having never been given a chance to show what he can do.

Play him over Lucas. Hell, play him over Sonny, who continues to look like someone kidnapped the real Son Heung-Min and left us with a peg-legged Park Chu-Young with a wig.

Showed more heart in 20 minutes by himself than all 11 of them put together in the entirety of the first half.

He's got a really chaotic running style - keeps looking like he's going to lose control of the ball, but never quite does. Apart from that he has a 'yapping terrier' sort of approach to pressing, harrying and fighting for the ball - he never quite gives up on it and as a result, picks up balls you think the opposition are going to win.

The refs robbed us of the result, but Gil was the brightest thing to come out of the game, and I pray to GHod Conte gives him starts going forward. The kid's got talent, heart and energy - it would be an utter shame if he left Spurs having never been given a chance to show what he can do.

Play him over Lucas. Hell, play him over Sonny, who continues to look like someone kidnapped the real Son Heung-Min and left us with a peg-legged Park Chu-Young with a wig.
I agree with all of this. But I can guarantee Conte will not start him over the players you mention regardless….

Reactions: DTA
It was a nice cameo by Gil, and he looks to me to be the best stand in for Kulu. Because yesterday he literally cloned into what Kulu does best where he receives the ball out wide on the right and shifts the ball quickly onto his left foot and curls the ball into the danger area.

Gil did this a few times, and whilst not quite as on point as Kulu there was some dangerous deliveries from him and definitely looked more of a threat than Richi on the right or Moura. Worth persisting with, but as Kulu and Richi get closer to fitness I have a bad feeling he will go back to getting his 5 minutes at best:rolleyes:….

He seems like a younger version of Moura atm if he can be coached to use the ball better than him he might have a chance of making it

It was a nice cameo by Gil, and he looks to me to be the best stand in for Kulu. Because yesterday he literally cloned into what Kulu does best where he receives the ball out wide on the right and shifts the ball quickly onto his left foot and curls the ball into the danger area.

Gil did this a few times, and whilst not quite as on point as Kulu there was some dangerous deliveries from him and definitely looked more of a threat than Richi on the right or Moura. Worth persisting with, but as Kulu and Richi get closer to fitness I have a bad feeling he will go back to getting his 5 minutes at best:rolleyes:….
I agree he is the nearest we have to Kulu.
His style of being a bit here there and everywhere might give Conte the jitters when trying to coach such a defined style of play., but I believe we'd get more end product out of him than Moura. Plus he has more upside ie he can get better, and that might just be from game time.

He's not an academy player, he's churned out 60+ la Liga games and played for Spain. And a good starting point is you can't question his attitude and enthusiasm.

x9w8v1zs38w91.jpg

Showed his value yesterday. Against fresh players he sometimes tries to force things, but against a tiring defence, he was perfect yesterday. Love his speed, energy and intent. Should be a trusted sub that Conte will turn to from now on.

Last edited:
Tricky player who wants the ball and trys to do something with it. Enjoyed his cameo last night and i would like to see him start agains Forest in the cup game and leave him on for the whole game. Get a proper look at him.

It’s a shame no one wanted to attack that back stick yesterday he put in a number of decent crosses to that back post.

Back