• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Yeah, but not necessarily just impress the coach, but the crowd as well. I think it's unfair to judge a player based on 5 minutes here and there (at least as a fan). He did earn us a penalty last night though, which would've counted as an assist if Kane hadn't ballooned it.

Impress the crowd, but also Conte.

Sure, you can impress in training. But I think we all know that this counts for little with Conte unless you match that with performances on the pitch when it matters.

I think he did well yesterday. Well enough to get more minutes in a way, but the circumstances were rather specific so will have to show that quality in other circumstances too to really stake a claim for more minutes.

If he learns when to release the ball he might become a viable option. He's not the first and won't be the last player who by having the ability to beat a man seems to not necessarily see the bigger picture. Moura is similar in this regard imo.

If he can start to do that rather than play to the gallery I think he'll get more opportunities, also by releasing the ball earlier it will reduce the chances of him getting bullied off it. It's not like we profit from free kicks our whole game plan needs the ball to be moved to players breaking quickly.

Luka Modric
Juninho
Coutinho (in his 3-4 years spell at Liverpool)

Size doesnt need to be an impediment in the PL
To be fair these are exceptional technical players, you could add Zola in there too.

Modric is one of my favourite players of all time, I think heightened because of his size as the impact he has on the game is about guile, technique, vision and bravery.

Smaller players can make it but they need to have something extra in their game to offset the physical advantages of most of their opponents. Imagine where a 5ft 8 Sissoko would have got in the game!

Modric learned to cope with the physicality. The first season he was bullied off the ball constantly. But he got stronger and learned to avoid it if possible.

No he wasn't, he showed his strength on the ball straight away - think one of his first games was away to Alladyces Bolton and he more than held his own there, shutting down the idea he was too slight to play in the prem

No he wasn't, he showed his strength on the ball straight away - think one of his first games was away to Alladyces Bolton and he more than held his own there, shutting down the idea he was too slight to play in the prem
He was. Won't get tangled into a pointless argument, but initially, he struggled with the physicality.

Some strange assessments here regarding Gil. I thought he did a lot better than in his first sub appearance from the NLD. Obviously, that game we were a man down and last night, we were a man up, so it should be expected. I thought it was an impactful performance on the right wing.

Basically, Gil comes on as an 85' sub and some people are dismayed by the fact that he didn't perform perfectly. Meanwhile, Dier basically gifts the opposition an easy goal and his thread is silent.

By the way, I'm not saying Gil will be some superstar. He could very well not be good enough, but just as we understand that players like Dier can make a mistake once in a while without having to drag him through the mud, we have to support our less established players. Then maybe someday when he's playing for some club in Spain, he can at least have fond memories of his time here.

I thought he looks pretty skilful, poor decision making yes but that will change. We don't really have many other dribblers in the squad, most of the others like Moura, Son, Richarlieson tend to use pace to beat players.

Made me laugh, went past a couple of players with tricks, got fairly tackled and went over with amateur dramatics, realised the ref wasn't giving it and sprung to his feet to find a stray pass presented to him, takes a man on and wins the pen. Jinks about like a Yorkshire Terrier.

He was a strong player
He wasn't a player you would describe as strong; but overall he was a good package

DP1u21qW0AAERJK

I like him, he gets fans off their seats and that is a good thing. Will he get a chance to show us how good he can be ? hope so.
I hope so too I feel he could be a real player for us
A load to a PL side in January where he will get proper minutes and then come back to us for next season

I hope so too I feel he could be a real player for us
A load to a PL side in January where he will get proper minutes and then come back to us for next season

This is the thing, if he was elsewhere he would be getting the minutes and development time, I liken it to Eze at Palace, if he came to Spurs a couple of years back he would not the player he is now at Palace because they have to play him and therefore he develops nicely, the issue here for Gil is he won't get that same chance so hard to know what the options will for him. But I agree, I think a Prem loan would be great for him if we really see a long-term future with him. He looked excellent when he came on the other night

This is the thing, if he was elsewhere he would be getting the minutes and development time, I liken it to Eze at Palace, if he came to Spurs a couple of years back he would not the player he is now at Palace because they have to play him and therefore he develops nicely, the issue here for Gil is he won't get that same chance so hard to know what the options will for him. But I agree, I think a Prem loan would be great for him if we really see a long-term future with him. He looked excellent when he came on the other night
Eze had the physicality
It’s what Gil needs to get
He needs some work in the gym not going back to the sunshine in Spain

Eze had the physicality
It’s what Gil needs to get
He needs some work in the gym not going back to the sunshine in Spain

Not at the start he didnt, I watched a fair bit of him as part of my job during covid and he was easily brushed off at the start but the strength is not so much my point, regardless he got played week in week out because a team like Palace need his transfer to work and they have less expectations than we do for instant impact. If we Gil to develop here he need to get more game time and he won't t Spurs so as move to a team a liken to Palace to play regular would speed up his development than it would at Spurs

He was. Won't get tangled into a pointless argument, but initially, he struggled with the physicality.
Cannot say I ever remember Modric actually being bullied off the ball.

I'd argue the reason he seemed slow to assert himself at the outset was more because HR played him out of position, out wide on the left where he was somewhat marginalised. Maybe that was to introduce him gradually to the pace of the PL. Then (probably more as a result of the clamour from fans and the media) Harry moved him inside and from that point on he began to dictate the play.

Back