• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Gil to me is a tricky wide forward. If he played in Harry Redknapps reign, I reckon he’d have been a less pacy but more skilful Aaron Lennon. For me, not much like Eriksen but I’ve seen a limited amount of him.
He has that unpredictable aspect to his game. If there is a midfielder/defender alert behind him to mop up he could be a potent weapon. Especially against (cliche alert) tired legs.

It’s a shame no one wanted to attack that back stick yesterday he put in a number of decent crosses to that back post.
That's following Conte's instructions, but who are supposed to get to the far post? Kane and Son are usually central. Perisic?

I think he has had to adjust from playing predominantly on the left, but in our set up we really need left footers coming on off the right. He seems like a tenacious presser of the ball, not hard go stand out in our front 3 for that!

It's also difficult to not try too hard to impress when getting minimal minutes, making 3 safe passes and the game ending won't feel enough to change a managers mind.

His two challenges will be knowing when to release the ball versus when to take someone on and getting the measure of what constitutes a foul in the prem. He definitely has the technical ability and drive - I hope he gets more opportunities and not always in a situation where he comes on to change the game.

He will never be the outball Kulu is because of his size, but you could make a case for Richi doing this from the right with Bryan on the right and Son and Kulu being paired in tandem to offer a similar blend of options if not the same quality.

Sounds like Conte has been talking him up in the latest presser.

Not sure how much of it can be put down to a leading question and just not wanting to sh1t on his confidence, although it didn’t stop him with Spence at the start of the season?!

Sounds like Conte has been talking him up in the latest presser.

Not sure how much of it can be put down to a leading question and just not wanting to sh1t on his confidence, although it didn’t stop him with Spence at the start of the season?!
Yeah I read the comments and comparing him to a less strong Bernado Silva is no bad thing! But his comments didnt really fill me with confidence that he's going to start giving him more consistent game time, more that he might just call on him when we need a goal in certain situations. Then again, that does seem to be most games these days:D....

What do you mean by"these kind of players"? I only ask as Eden Hazard excelled under Conte
Attacking wingers or passers
Yeah for hazard we have son…
It’s possible that Gil could play that way
But midweek it was actually about his passing for me. That was what created the energy

Gil looks full of trickery and the ability to beat a man. Sadly we don't have anyone else in the team that can do that. Son relies too much on pace and has been gash this season, Lucas used to be able to do it but seems to have lost the knack. If we need a goal or even more energy then Gil should be the first sub to be made at the moment.

He's got something none of our other guys have. Still quite rusty, but I imagine Gil running around with confidence, he'd be immense and a very classical Tottenham-type of player. I really hope we use him more and get something out of him.
Giovanni dos Santos with work rate.

Back