• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Shows that he has a great attitude.

He knows he's a bit part player at best, yet is obviously doing well in training such that he gets on and then works his nuts off

Good on him

Lost the ball badly just before the pen when we had a 2 on 1 and then failed to put Moura in for a 1 on 1 just before he got fouled for the pen. I doubt he’ll make it at Spurs.
I agree
Ice too see some dribbling but cannot see how he makes it here unless he grows some physicality

David Silva.
This is it. That is what he'll have to become to work for us. Can he do though? I'm not sure? I like the idea of finding out.[emoji848]

He's a longer term prospect, for maybe an evolved implementation of the plan? He will need to add decisiveness to his game.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I think its more mentality. Boy has skills but just to nervous and goes full adrenaline mode. If he calms down and be confident of his technical ability he can buy time to improve his awareness of his surroundings. Right now he is just relying on full speed instead of the right pace and moves.

Feels like he needs proper coaching more than anything else. He should watch Ginola videos. Guy wasn't pacy but always looked like he had a lot of time.

Looked good in flashes but it was when Frankfurt were throwing caution to the wind so there was space to exploit

It was for sure. Perhaps that's where he is as a player for now at least? Needs to get the ball with space to exploit to shine?

Or is it more that he hasn't gotten many chances to show what he can do in different circumstances?

Either way good to see him put in a solid performance.

He's barely had a look in, has he? I like the look of him, and I think he offers something not a lot of other players in our squad do. Doesn't seem like he fits into Conte's system though, so reckon he'll be off as soon as possible, sadly.

This always happens on here when a player who doesn’t feature, has a half decent cameo then people clamour to see more of him - then he finally gets picked for a meaningful game and people see why the manager doesn’t play him:D

He has talent, but it is pretty obvious Conte doesn’t really rate him or really see him as fitting into his system. You see other players outside of the favourites getting some decent game time, Gil doesn’t which tells you everything. Anyone hoping this five minutes is going to be some sort of launchpad to him featuring regularly is going to be disappointed….

This always happens on here when a player who doesn’t feature, has a half decent cameo then people clamour to see more of him - then he finally gets picked for a meaningful game and people see why the manager doesn’t play him:D

He has talent, but it is pretty obvious Conte doesn’t really rate him or really see him as fitting into his system. You see other players outside of the favourites getting some decent game time, Gil doesn’t which tells you everything. Anyone hoping this five minutes is going to be some sort of launchpad to him featuring regularly is going to be disappointed….

Conte has changed his mind, or waited for players to learn the role/system, in the past. Eriksen and Perisic at Inter for example.

Not saying that will happen with Gil, but there has to be at least some chance of him getting more game time at some point?

Luka Modric
Juninho
Coutinho (in his 3-4 years spell at Liverpool)

Size doesnt need to be an impediment in the PL

Modric was really strong, particularly lower body strength.

I agree that size doesn't have to be an impediment in the PL. When part of the role of our forwards is to receive the ball facing away from goal under real pressure and turn that into meaningful attacking possession size and strength are important factors.

Not a necessity to be big and strong, but being able to get away from that player, turn, dribble, run, hold them off, whatever it takes is important. If you're not big or strong you have to be really good at those other things, really really good.

Not sure if Gil is at that level, not sure he will be any time soon. But would like to see him get more chances to show what he can do.

Either way good to see him show more of his rather obvious talent on the pitch.

Conte has changed his mind, or waited for players to learn the role/system, in the past. Eriksen and Perisic at Inter for example.

Not saying that will happen with Gil, but there has to be at least some chance of him getting more game time at some point?

Modric was really strong, particularly lower body strength.

I agree that size doesn't have to be an impediment in the PL. When part of the role of our forwards is to receive the ball facing away from goal under real pressure and turn that into meaningful attacking possession size and strength are important factors.

Not a necessity to be big and strong, but being able to get away from that player, turn, dribble, run, hold them off, whatever it takes is important. If you're not big or strong you have to be really good at those other things, really really good.

Not sure if Gil is at that level, not sure he will be any time soon. But would like to see him get more chances to show what he can do.

Either way good to see him show more of his rather obvious talent on the pitch.
Modric learned to cope with the physicality. The first season he was bullied off the ball constantly. But he got stronger and learned to avoid it if possible.

he gets every training session to impress

Yeah, but not necessarily just impress the coach, but the crowd as well. I think it's unfair to judge a player based on 5 minutes here and there (at least as a fan). He did earn us a penalty last night though, which would've counted as an assist if Kane hadn't ballooned it.

Yeah, but not necessarily just impress the coach, but the crowd as well. I think it's unfair to judge a player based on 5 minutes here and there (at least as a fan). He did earn us a penalty last night though, which would've counted as an assist if Kane hadn't ballooned it.

what we think is completely irrelevant, and more often than not, wrong

Gil has an audience of one to convince

Back