• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

While I agree with you, I still think some of the Prem spending this summer has reeked of panic buying. Chelsea and ManU are desperate and have plenty of cash to spend, and of course the selling clubs have had no reason to sell for any less.

As always, the risk for the less thrifty clubs is less, as they can throw money at 5 players and hope 2 of them work out. When you can only buy 3, however, the odds just aren't as good. So better to spend more on a sure thing than buy in another Soldado or (worse!) Ndombele. See? I'm still trying to convince myself!

I think we have done well to get him for 50m for that reason, absolutely room for a Chelsea or United to over pay for him

The fee represents what he is worth to NF, lets not forget he was their golden child, to some extent he was their Kane

Said it before and it is true but most transfers are a gamble as you never know how a player will settle at a new club. However when i have seen this lad play i do not doubt he has talent, only 22 and can use both feet and has good pace. Looking forward to seeing him play under Ange.

Just made a nice bit of room for himself, but again blasted wide of the near post.

That is a pet peeve of mine, wide of the near post is always an awful thing to do, no chance of the keeper pushing it back into play, just a waste.

I guess I've been spoiled by Kane rifling it into the corner repeatedly.

Think he struggled but so did Wales, a lot of possession, not a lot of understanding what to do with it, he spent most of the night playing through the middle, looked better when out wide.

No. Kulu retains that spot by virtue of his winner and his solid overall play. But what an effective sub Johnson can be. For now.

That is the right way

- Don't give him the immediate pressure of starting, btw, based on post match interview he actually only met his teammates on Wednesday for first time (we signed, he went off on international duty)
- His pace will be more effective against tiring teams, teams who have had to deal with us pressing, high line for 60-70 minutes

A really smart finish from him yesterday, that was impressive
Yeah, he sat the keeper down and then finished from a fairly difficult angle with the right amount of lift and power. The way he took it so calmly is very promising, it's what Kane and Son have. An ability to slow down time when taking a shot, not feeling the pressure and panicking.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I thought he was solid against Arse. The chance from Son was slightly behind him, but he kept his head up. I hope his injury isn’t too serious, because we might get a bit thin in that side.

I thought he was solid against Arse. The chance from Son was slightly behind him, but he kept his head up. I hope his injury isn’t too serious, because we might get a bit thin in that side.

We got gil coming back, richarlison, Solomon. We're fine that side. Backup for kulu is more a problem.

Back