• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Solomon Son Johnson.

Pace.
Sorry for Kulu but I think this is best for angeball.

Kulu has good feints to beat a man but doesn't have the initial acceleration to get away cleanly. Ends up getting shepherded into dead ends easily. Would be good as an impact sub against tired legs and when we want possession high up the pitch.

I think he will definitely play on the right and that Kulusevski will become more of a rotation option. I think he could also be tried as a cover option for Maddison.

What was so impressive? I dont get it ... honest opinion

1. his dribbling ability. He's one of those few that can outrun most other players whilst dribbling a football. And he tends to control the ball well even at pace. At full pelt, a standing defender facing him stands little chance.
  2. he can shoot. Shows signs of being able to finish well. More to come though.
  3. he's tenacious. He's not a pampered speed merchant who waits for the ball. He will track and tackle with the best of them, and uses his speed to win the ball.

Will be interesting to see how he is deployed. He could drop deep to help break through lines. He has that ability to run past people and disrupt, pulling the opposition out of shape. But ultimately his best work should be as a forward. He can round full-backs and cross from the by line, or create space to shoot himself. And it's this part of his game that he needs to develop and nail. It is promising already, but if he can hone his shooting, he has all the ability to open spaces for himself to get shots off.

We have an exciting team to watch develop again. I don't believe he'll hit Bale-heights. He's not the physical beast that Bale was in his pomp. And Bale's finishing was exceptional. But Johnson has serious pace and hints of serious ability too. If that ability develops we should have another player to watch ascend the ranks of the elite.

Last edited:
Having watched him from when he was in the Championship onwards, he is the epitome of an Ange forward - fast, direct and fearless. His end product can and doubtlessly will improve....

I certainly hope so but there is the point that Forest players knew to look for him as he was essentially their best player, arguably along with Gibbs White so it was embedded in the game plan - It's different if you're on limited minutes with a team packed with stars but no doubt the scouts / coaching staff looked at his mentality and potential to step up.

It's an oversimplification to reference the big fish in a small pond situation (and I absolutely don't mean any disrespect to Forest) but it's different going from being the main man to having to prove yourself all over again at another level.

It's a really nice feeling at the end of the window to think we were the chosen destination for young talents like Johnson and VDV and proven ones like Maddison who will have had many other options.

Just find it a little strange how everyone is now lauding him when there was no previous mention of him.

I'm going to stand on the fence on this one ... hopefully you are all right ... but last year he was a bit meh.

Just find it a little strange how everyone is now lauding him when there was no previous mention of him.

I'm going to stand on the fence on this one ... hopefully you are all right ... but last year he was a bit meh.
I think I posted on here last year that I hoped we’d get him (I think I said I hope we can sign him after Forest get relegated so got that bit wrong but liked Johnson as a player from when I saw him dominating in the Championship despite being under 20 (any player that can do that should be a target for Spurs)

Back