• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

Seen a lot of mixed opinions both on this signing and on his performance against Arsenal.

Think he still looks a little raw. Still in need of settling in to the style and team. But thought his performance against Arsenal was really promising. Think we can see why Ange wanted him. True pace, good movement. Can cause problems both running at players and running in behind. Gives us a really good mix of wide options to have him here.

Will be interesting to see how he develops in the coming months as he settles in. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a lot of good stuff coming from him. Time will tell if he can step up to the next level.

it was a mixed bag from him output wise. What I took from the game is that even at his base level his pace will help out system. Not seem much of him in a creative manner but in the 2 games he has got in good positions to score. So he needs some composure. But its early days and he is young. he will grow into the side.

For me though. he did more on the left in one game than Solomon. And I hope we keep Son Central. 5 goals from 3 games as striker kind of makes that a dumb point. But you never know.

it was a mixed bag from him output wise. What I took from the game is that even at his base level his pace will help out system. Not seem much of him in a creative manner but in the 2 games he has got in good positions to score. So he needs some composure. But its early days and he is young. he will grow into the side.

For me though. he did more on the left in one game than Solomon. And I hope we keep Son Central. 5 goals from 3 games as striker kind of makes that a dumb point. But you never know.
Well Solomon did get 2 assists in the game v Burnley so technically he's done more.
I like Johnson, think he'll be great for us but Solomon seems to be getting a lot of 'meh' comments from a lot of posters.
It's very early in his Spurs career too and think he'll offer quite a bit this season.

Well Solomon did get 2 assists in the game v Burnley so technically he's done more.
I like Johnson, think he'll be great for us but Solomon seems to be getting a lot of 'meh' comments from a lot of posters.
It's very early in his Spurs career too and think he'll offer quite a bit this season.
Solomon will IMO help more against teams who sit deep

Alasdair Gold now reporting that it was a tight hamstring. Taken off not to worsen it. Been training "on grass".

Probably ready again for the Liverpool game. I hope he starts. I quite like Solomon, but Johnson's pace and movement could be really useful against Liverpool.

Not sure if he would be up against Alexander Arnold or Gomez, but think both can be gotten at with great pace and movement.

Alasdair Gold now reporting that it was a tight hamstring. Taken off not to worsen it. Been training "on grass".

Probably ready again for the Liverpool game. I hope he starts. I quite like Solomon, but Johnson's pace and movement could be really useful against Liverpool.

Not sure if he would be up against Alexander Arnold or Gomez, but think both can be gotten at with great pace and movement.
Both are poor defensively despite being good players
I think Trent’s play would help us as he comes central a lot leaving space

Just read that his dad is David Johnson, the former Forest and Birmingham striker in the early ‘00’s.

Just showing my ignorance, no doubt most of you knew, but I hadn’t heard that before!

Just read that his dad is David Johnson, the former Forest and Birmingham striker in the early ‘00’s.

Just showing my ignorance, no doubt most of you knew, but I hadn’t heard that before!
whenever he played for Forest they would show his dad in the crowd at least 2 or 3 times a game and mention it

Very unlucky to be sacrificed as he looked superb and had their left side on toast
Definitely agreed. Probably right to take him off, but he looked very good.

Looking forward to seeing more of him going forward. Good to see him getting starts, hopefully he's close to full fitness.

Back