• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brazilian Ronaldo or Portugazer one?

I think they might see it the other way once they have retired, it's like the batman and the joker, they needed each other

Messi has been cack for the Argies and got lucky to come through at the right time in a Barcelona team set up around his decent talents, world class? no not for me. At least C. Ronaldo did it in 3 different countries and as far as I am aware was not doped like Messi was a youngster.

It is another feather in the cap for Brazilian Ronaldo that he scored in Brazil, Holland, Spain and Italy truly impressive.

I think they might see it the other way once they have retired, it's like the batman and the joker, they needed each other

That's a novel way of looking at it. Possibly true, too - maybe they wouldn't have posted such insane stats without the other there behind them, driving them on. :p

Messi has been cack for the Argies and got lucky to come through at the right time in a Barcelona team set up around his decent talents, world class? no not for me. At least C. Ronaldo did it in 3 different countries and as far as I am aware was not doped like Messi was a youngster.

It is another feather in the cap for Brazilian Ronaldo that he scored in Brazil, Holland, Spain and Italy truly impressive.

As much as I think you're mental for not rating Messi, it would have been great to see him in another league at some point.

@DubaiSpur well said, The original Ronaldo was a get out of your sit player, I loved players like that, Hagi though no where near as good had a similar effect so did Van Basten. I like a player with a bit of flair, The younger one feels like the Russian boxer in the rocky movies, talented but talented more by design and not the spark of genius.
Ah van Basten, another of my favourite players, when I was a kid, whose career was sadly ended too soon.

Love the way that Bobby Robson is praising El Fenomeno at around the 1:40 mark, in this BBC interview with Garth Crooks; saying how the kid had the raw talent and ability to be better than any player (including Best, Puskas and Pele) he'd seen in his lifetime...

Such a pity that (like Gazza) he ruptured his cruciate ligaments at the age of 23 and (despite being voted World Footballer of the Year twice in consecutive years at the same age as Dele is now!) El Fenomeno never fulfilled his ridiculously immense potential :(

Last edited:
Hendry for me.
Not the first name which springs to mind as the G.O.A.T. but he has won the Premier League more times than Messi...

B2fMD9OCUAIw4LT.jpg

I think they both have already acknowledged that ...

It's people/press that play that one up brick with Messi/CR, fact is both are different types of players, but leagues ahead of 3rd best, and their records are quite simply astounding. Like the original question the answer is personal preference.

Tricky one, fat brazilian ron was so mature and immense so young - 'me' ron has matured and improved with age, including assists. But fat brazil ron has won repeat wc's plus top club comps and continental cups too.

So brazilian fat ron for me. Love Sir Bobby RIP.

Tricky one, fat brazilian ron was so mature and immense so young - 'me' ron has matured and improved with age, including assists. But fat brazil ron has won repeat wc's plus top club comps and continental cups too.

So brazilian fat ron for me. Love Sir Bobby RIP.
Surely that's more down to an accident of place of birth than it is a measure of comparative ability.

Surely that's more down to an accident of place of birth than it is a measure of comparative ability.
Yep, have to admit having talented countrymen deft helped. GHod it's difficult, going forward they are just above everyone, but fat brazilian ronaldo had stronger magnets in his boots i feel. His dribbling and shooting were ridiculous, more so than the portugeezer imho.

Back