• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

I'm really hoping Bolton don't say something like "There is no chance we can replay this tie at WHL. We either want the tie played at the Reebok or we're forfeiting."

I'm sorry but I can't see how that would be fair on us

I'm really hoping Bolton don't say something like "There is no chance we can replay this tie at WHL. We either want the tie played at the Reebok or we're forfeiting."

I'm sorry but I can't see how that would be fair on us

What makes you think they'd say that?

To be honest, I doubt the matter of the tie is even being given any thought at all, at the moment. Because, let's be honest about it: it's not that important, when one of your players IS actually fighting for his life in hospital. I doubt whether they give a brick about the FA Cup anymore, let alone putting some bizarre ultimation to the FA. I seriously, seriously doubt it.

Many spoke about how 'this puts things into perspective' and yet, within hours, some are predictably losing it already. The game isn't important, so stop worrying about what's "fair" on us; worry instead about someone's son and father in a hospital, fighting for his life. If we play it, we play it; if we don't, we don't. Simple as that.

Had Muamba broken his leg in a sickening manner or fractured his skull, would we be talking about them pulling out because it would be so hard to return to the scene of the injury? For those that remember David Buust's leg snap at Old Trafford or Cech's head injury in a challenge with Stephen Hunt; they were both terrible moments but the games weren't cancelled.

Given the injury is to his heart and thank GHod he looks like he won't die, it just seems over the top that they're talking about cancelling the game.

No doubt it will be a strange atmosphere but the world goes on.

What makes you think they'd say that?

To be honest, I doubt the matter of the tie is even being given any thought at all, at the moment. Because, let's be honest about it: it's not that important, when one of your players IS actually fighting for his life in hospital. I doubt whether they give a brick about the FA Cup anymore, let alone putting some bizarre ultimation to the FA. I seriously, seriously doubt it.

Many spoke about how 'this puts things into perspective' and yet, within hours, some are predictably losing it already. The game isn't important, so stop worrying about what's "fair" on us; worry instead about someone's son and father in a hospital, fighting for his life. If we play it, we play it; if we don't, we don't. Simple as that.

=D> Exactly. A young man is fighting for his life. Does anyone really think that Bolton, Coyle and the players really give 2 bricks about the FA cup or even football when one of their collegues is in intensive care. To be honest after witnessing what happened saturday I'm finding it difficult to care.

Had Muamba broken his leg in a sickening manner or fractured his skull, would we be talking about them pulling out because it would be so hard to return to the scene of the injury? For those that remember David Buust's leg snap at Old Trafford or Cech's head injury in a challenge with Stephen Hunt; they were both terrible moments but the games weren't cancelled.

Given the injury is to his heart and thank GHod he looks like he won't die, it just seems over the top that they're talking about cancelling the game.

No doubt it will be a strange atmosphere but the world goes on.

I really don't see how you can compare a broken leg to what happened to Muamba. Cech's head injury is a bit closer, but he was concious very soon afterwards, right? And as far as I know his heart and breathing didn't stop.

I really don't see how you can compare a broken leg to what happened to Muamba. Cech's head injury is a bit closer, but he was concious very soon afterwards, right? And as far as I know his heart and breathing didn't stop.
Agreed. The amount of time they spent pumping his chest on the pitch, I really thought we were going to witness his death right there and then. It was horrible and not really comparable to a normal injury like a leg break, no matter how nasty it was.

Agreed. The amount of time they spent pumping his chest on the pitch, I really thought we were going to witness his death right there and then. It was horrible and not really comparable to a normal injury like a leg break, no matter how nasty it was.

I was watching on tv and thought the same. They only showed overview shots and close ups of fans and players looking worried. Even though they didn't say what was going on it was pretty obvious.

The replayed match (and the FA cup) is not really what is important right now. But I fully expect the match to be replayed, from scratch, at WHL. Hopefully with Muamba alive and well, and hopefully with enough time/games in between for the Bolton players not to be overwhelmed by the propsect of a return to WHL.

If hypothetically we were 1-0 down at the time of the incident, then I would fully expect us to give them a free goal just as Leicester did for Forest a few years ago (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6996432.stm). It's the right thing to do, and good sportsmanship defines our club far more than winning matches does.

The replayed match (and the FA cup) is not really what is important right now. But I fully expect the match to be replayed, from scratch, at WHL. Hopefully with Muamba alive and well, and hopefully with enough time/games in between for the Bolton players not to be overwhelmed by the propsect of a return to WHL.

If hypothetically we were 1-0 down at the time of the incident, then I would fully expect us to give them a free goal just as Leicester did for Forest a few years ago (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6996432.stm). It's the right thing to do, and good sportsmanship defines our club far more than winning matches does.

Couldnt agree more.

I wouldn't be upset if we chose to do that but my line of thinking is the match was level when it ended and we are starting the new match level so that is that. Obviously this type of event puts everything in perspective and really feels awkward even talking about our prospects of moving on in FA Cup but such is life and we have to move on

Saw this on another forum.

Abandoned home matches ÔÇô In the event of the match being postponed or abandoned, your ticket is valid for the new date. For abandoned matches, the admission charge for the new fixture is dependent on how much of the abandoned game has been completed. If the match is abandoned after spectators are admitted, but before kick-off, admission to the re-arranged match is free. If the game is abandoned after kickoff, admission to the rearranged match is at half-price. Persons wishing to gain a ticket for the re-arranged match must produce their ticket stub or email confirmation from the postponed or abandoned match in order to do so.

From page 10 of the Club Charter - http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/docs/spurs-club-charter-2011-2012.pdf

Although I would be amazed if the club exercise this based on what happened.

What was it supposed to be then? Why even post it at all?

Oh do grow up, why does anyone post anything? Why did people post that they are praying for muamba when the reality is that those messages will do sweet FA??

I merely stated my need for FF points now if that upsets you then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

Oh do grow up, why does anyone post anything? Why did people post that they are praying for muamba when the reality is that those messages will do sweet FA??

I merely stated my need for FF points now if that upsets you then I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

what you NEED and what some other people need right now, are a million miles apart.

Back