• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

I think I remember a Barca game being stopped for some reason, somthing like 6 mins were left on the clock, they decided to play those last six minutes about a week later. I assume it would effectively restart from the moment the game was stopped

It was a madrid game. I remember it now. Was 1-1 v Sociedad and with 6 mins or so remaining there was a bomb scare and it was called off.

They picked up from where they left off, and played just 6 mins. Incredibly Zidane scored in the 89th min to win it 2-1 for Madrid! Original game was 2004.

If you (as well as every other mod) really want us to give it a rest how about we both agree to not say a word to one another (again), not direct anything at eachother, no sarcastic remarks, no baiting, and whoever breaks that rule is permanently banned from GG. If all the mods really want this stopped rather then state again and again to give it a rest why don't you just get us both to agree to that (no doubt he'll be banned within a week).

We'd rather neither of you were banned. But all it takes is people to act in a grown up manner.

[video=youtube;iMQVFNHZ_OM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQVFNHZ_OM[/video]

There you go.

Leicester/Forest player collapsed......

If you (as well as every other mod) really want us to give it a rest how about we both agree to not say a word to one another (again), not direct anything at eachother, no sarcastic remarks, no baiting, and whoever breaks that rule is permanently banned from GG. If all the mods really want this stopped rather then state again and again to give it a rest why don't you just get us both to agree to that (no doubt he'll be banned within a week).

Thanks for the modding advice. Now stick to the rules, post nice or avoid each other. You don't get extra points for having the last word, so just walk away.

Thanks for the modding advice. Now stick to the rules, post nice or avoid each other. You don't get extra points for having the last word, so just walk away.
The modding advice that you sarcastically thanked me for is exactly what you've just stated a sentence later. Ok i'll take your advice mod:|

The modding advice that you sarcastically thanked me for is exactly what you've just stated a sentence later. Ok i'll take your advice mod:|

It's also called common sense. Unfortunately that seems to be lacking around here recently.

Seriously you don't need to always have the last word. Let it go, move on.

Spurs players seemed to be more affected than Bolton players during the incident. I guess players like Defoe showed they are "more human" than Bolton. Not sure how the players will react if we are to play replay against Bolton.

It's also called common sense. Unfortunately that seems to be lacking around here recently.

Seriously you don't need to always have the last word. Let it go, move on.

I'm still slightly immature Diego (on here and in real life). If someone punches me i have to get the last swing, if someone insults me i have to get the last insult, that's how my mind operates. Wheras if i've done wrong i can fully accept the other person having the last word and usually apologise too. Maybe one day it won't be this way though, who knows.

We behaved impeccably. Did all we could to aid Muamba, supported him and the decision to abandon the game. We showed our class and (while they certainly have a lot more to worry about right now) I am sure Bolton are grateful for this.

What happens next? The game gets replayed, one team wins, life moves on.

I do not for one second understand why Bolton would forfeit the game.
Neither do I understand why we would allow the game to be played at a neutral venue.

It is was it is. Its a terrible terrible thing to have happened and I sincerely wish Muamba all the best - but we have done our part now and cant be making concessions.

We behaved impeccably. Did all we could to aid Muamba, supported him and the decision to abandon the game. We showed our class and (while they certainly have a lot more to worry about right now) I am sure Bolton are grateful for this.

What happens next? The game gets replayed, one team wins, life moves on.

I do not for one second understand why Bolton would forfeit the game.
Neither do I understand why we would allow the game to be played at a neutral venue.

It is was it is. Its a terrible terrible thing to have happened and I sincerely wish Muamba all the best - but we have done our part now and cant be making concessions.

Because its only a game. Its gonna be a harrowing experience for the Bolton players and fans to return to WHL. They know they're probably not gonna win anyway. The effects of returning there might have an even greater effect on the players and wont help the rest of their season.
From a footballing point of view they need to get on with it and get their minds in the right place to keep themselves up this season. Returning to WHL is the last thing they need.

What about next season then? Should they just gift us 3 points instead of play?

I would expect Muamba to want them to get on with it, play to their best ability and bring Bolton all the success they can.

Im sure it might be difficult, equally it could be a great opportunity to lift themselves in the face of adversity.

I am sure Fabrice Muamba would wish for his team to play the fixture and win for him. As terrible as this is life must go on. Arguing amongst ourselves does not help and these are only opinions, the decision will be made by the FA.

Spurs players seemed to be more affected than Bolton players during the incident. I guess players like Defoe showed they are "more human" than Bolton. Not sure how the players will react if we are to play replay against Bolton.

In the first few minutes I felt that same thing, obviously as the situation continued I'm sure there was equal concern, but from a Spurs point of view I am certainly worried about how it will affect our players, starting Wednesday night.

Defoe for one was very badly affected, I'm not saying it will happen, but it would not surprise me if he was left out for the Stoke game

Thought the only option is to replay at WHL from the start. Going to be a very sombre affair.

Correct on both accounts for me. As posted earlier, right at this moment I'm not sure if we will go the rearranged match, still feel a pit in the stomach over it all.
I work with 3 Bolton fans one an ST,one a semi-regular and one an armchair fan. Will be interesting to hear their thoughts on all this tomorrow morning

What about next season then? Should they just gift us 3 points instead of play?

I would expect Muamba to want them to get on with it, play to their best ability and bring Bolton all the success they can.
Im sure it might be difficult, equally it could be a great opportunity to lift themselves in the face of adversity.

This.

Unfortunately, I fear that this decision will be heavily influenced by the fact that FA Cup semi-finals have to be played at Wembley, and that these dates are set in stone. If this weren't the case, then the semi could be delayed until late April, even early May (probably to be played at Emirates or Villa Park, depending on which side won). As it is, you have this deadline of about 7th April to find a semi-finalist (and give them time to allocate their tickets). Adding in the factor of a potential replay, plus police insistance to having ten days notice for a replay, and options are getting very very low.

Looking at the next few week's calendar:
21st Wed March Stoke H

24 Sat March Chelsea A
* midweek gap*

1 Sun April Swansea H
*midweek gap*

7 Sat April Sunderland A
9 Monday April Norwich H

(14 Sat April - FA cup semi for one of us; would have been Bolton A in the league!)
So basically saying to Bolton that they are expected to get their heads straight within the next ten days or so.
I think you are also looking for an unprecedented agreement from the police to play the first game (and potential replay) with less than their expected notice. Or possibly one of our league matches getting postponed.

While Fabrice is still critical I dont think anyone at the club will want to get on the pitch, and you can understand why a floodlit cup night at WHL would provoke memories.
It's their call though. Personally, I'd love to see us offer Bolton the opportunity to go straight to a replay at the Reebok. Yes we want to win the cup, yes the FA will have to make a concession, but sometimes a bit of goodwill doesnt go astray. Equally, I'd have no problem with us going through on a bye, it wont feel like a hollow victory as it wont feel like a victory full-stop.

Ideally, I'd see us win a 5-4 thriller at the Reebok with Fabrice Muamba watching from the stands :)

Last edited:
Oi Chicken Badge - giving them home advantage is not goodwill. A goodwill gesture would be to shoot at the south stand in the first half.

Back