• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

I'm not sure Bolton would give up the tie. What if we had a home league match against them a week or two down the line?

Should just play it again from scratch. If fixture congestion is an issue, they should offer extra time and pens OR forfeit the tie. Otherwise its just a rescheduled game, which is worse for them fighting relegation.

Ill take a bye or a fresh match. Its not up to us, we should rightly let bolton decide. But i dont have a problem with any outcome, it just is what it is.

Why not? plenty of precedence for it.

Because whena game is abandoned it is as if the game never started. Harsh? Fair? some may argue both sides of it but ultimately I wanna get to the final and if a game is abandoned it means the game is wiped out erased from history.

I thought we were all about sportsmanship, and doing things the right way? Thats how many Spurs fans like to portray themselves and the club anyway

I thought we were all about sportsmanship, and doing things the right way? Thats how many Spurs fans like to portray themselves and the club anyway

How have you got it in your mind that giving Bolton a goal in the replay is doing things right? like what thought process made you come to that conclusion?

KD I think Linnet meant IF Bolton were one up from the first game when the horrible incident happened.

Does anyone remember a good few years back Madrid having to play 10mins of a game (in the days of zizou and ronnnie) after it was cancelled i think for fog or something?)

We are and the game was abandoned so its a new game from scratch, end of

If they were 1-0 up the right thing to do would be able to allow them that lead back, and there has been precedence of it. That's my point, and it is a moot point as the scores were level. Just good to know some aren't as sporting as they say they are, and the whole "tottenham way" is a myth really.

How have you got it in your mind that giving Bolton a goal in the replay is doing things right? like what thought process made you come to that conclusion?

Its hypothetical KD. IF we were 1-0 down.

If you can't see the class in it, then don't bother posting any more replies.

"like what thought process"....jesus :rolleyes:

If you don't get the emotion, then fine.......but try and be civil

KD I think Linnet meant IF Bolton were one up from the first game when the horrible incident happened.

Does anyone remember a good few years back Madrid having to play 10mins of a game (in the days of zizou and ronnnie) after it was cancelled i think for fog or something?)

Oh if they were 1-0 up then yeh we should give them a goal i agree.

If they were 1-0 up the right thing to do would be able to allow them that lead back, and there has been precedence of it. That's my point, and it is a moot point as the scores were level. Just good to know some aren't as sporting as they say they are, and the whole "tottenham way" is a myth really.

i don't think that scenario that you throw up is being sporting. it's just an OTT gesture

Seriously mate, it was 1-1 when it was abandoned, so a new game will start from scratch, lose this give them a goal if it was 1-0 out of your mind because it wasnt 1-0 it was 1-1

misunderstanding. Jeez... hasn't anyone learnt from the infamous "Big Issue" thread?!

Seriously mate, it was 1-1 when it was abandoned, so a new game will start from scratch, lose this give them a goal if it was 1-0 out of your mind because it wasnt 1-0 it was 1-1

yes I know, but Southstand threw up the hypothetical IF they were 1 up situation, which is what I was replying to

Where have i not been civil in my reply?

i ask you to quit continuously trying to nit pick my posts in order to find something to moan about. It's getting annoying now.

The fairest thing to do is play the remaining time, from the score at the time it was stopped, and make that a rule.

Where have i not been civil in my reply?

i ask you to quit continuously trying to nit pick my posts in order to find something to moan about. It's getting annoying now.

Eh?

I think I've only ever replied to one of your posts since joining the board :)

Are you getting me confused with somebody else?

Back