• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

He didn't quite say that, he said he's a player we monitor but he doesn't think anything will happen. The likely scenario is that AVB really wanted him, Levy said he'll cost too much so he gave him Chadli for £6m instead.

He didn't quite say that, he said he's a player we monitor but he doesn't think anything will happen. The likely scenario is that AVB really wanted him, Levy said he'll cost too much so he gave him Chadli for £6m instead.

you most likely are right, but maybe in Bernard's case AVB also had doubts himself about Bernard's height, size and suitability for the PL. AVB said last season that in the PL its the physical battle that needs to be won first.

L'Equipe says he's joining Arsenal and will have a medical on Friday

ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear

Really bad news.

I knew going for our back-up option Chadli wasn't positive, but had hoped he'd go to Porto. Anywhere but Arsenal really - this will be a major setback for us.

I really doubt this is how the transfer committee works.

If AVB and Baldini agreed on Bernard as the one target to go for then they would have been able to convince Levy to go for him I think.

More likely they all agreed that getting in Paulinho and a new striker was so important that we couldn't afford going for Bernard as well. Especially after losing out on Villa as that probably means we'll be paying 3-4 times as much for a striker.

L'Equipe says he's joining Arsenal and will have a medical on Friday

ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear

Really bad news.

I knew going for our back-up option Chadli wasn't positive, but had hoped he'd go to Porto. Anywhere but Arsenal really - this will be a major setback for us.

Gutted if this is true that Bernard is about to become a Gooner . Chadli will do for us but I do think from what I've seen of Bernard, he's an exceptional talent.
I had dreams of the three B's being our forward line, Bernard-Benteke-Bale .

Bernard will fit in better at Arse than he would have at Spurs.... sadly their pass and move, ball on the deck style is ideal for him

You see this is where Wenger's big blind spot is for me. What will Bernard do for Arsenal? Nothing. Yes, he's a great talent, but they already have loads of great talents with pace, dribbling ability, technique and creativity. He's another Arshavin/Rosicky/Gervinho/Reyes/Nasri/Walcott etc who will possibly be a lot better than some of those, although maybe not, but what they really need and have done for ages, is a couple of real big powerhouses in midfield like when they had Vieira and Gilberto Silva and a lethal front-man like Bergkamp and Henry. That's what they really need to challenge. I mean they struggled to finish above us with Fabregas, RVP and Nasri in the team, so i'm not too bothered if he goes there.

I think when you think about £21m for Bernard versus £6m for Chadli is a no-brainer. From all the reports in Holland I've read they rave about Chadli and he has better attributes for English football IMO.

Of course I could be proven wrong, but I'm not sure we're in a position to pay £21m for Bernard when there is an option £15m cheaper who doesn't appear to be rated less than Bernard is to the extent of £15m anyway!

If Bernard really was as good as some on here were making out then he'd have been snapped up by Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus etc. He wouldn't be choosing between a group of the "next rung down" clubs (i.e. scrape into CL or Europa grouping or title challengers, but in a smaller league).

John Cross (themirror writer) : @johncrossmirror: #afc Arsene Wenger denied Arsenal signing Bernard when I asked him. 'That report is not true.'

Bernard and Carzola combining will carry Arsenal hugely.

Bernard > Paulinho + Chadli. So we'd be further than one point behind them quality-wise IMO.

Back