• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Interesting development tonight - Porto have signed Quintero (subject to medical). Quintero is an identical player to Bernard, so that surely ends their interest in the latter, possibly wiping away our main competition.

No, he isn't. Quintero is a left-footed playmaker, while Bernard is a right-footed left winger.

Isn't Athletico taking the approach that Bernard can't leave or even discuss transfer stuff until the Copa Libertadores is over?

Interesting development tonight - Porto have signed Quintero (subject to medical). Quintero is an identical player to Bernard, so that surely ends their interest in the latter, possibly wiping away our main competition.

yeah but Porto lost both Rodriguez and Moutinho in the summer, so id say that Bernard and Quintero will probably be both needed to fill the void

No, he isn't. Quintero is a left-footed playmaker, while Bernard is a right-footed left winger.

They fill the same position anyway - i.e. they aren't going to sign both.

Isn't Athletico taking the approach that Bernard can't leave or even discuss transfer stuff until the Copa Libertadores is over?

I don't think they want him to leave before then. The final (if they reach it) is 25 July or something I read somewhere.

Arshavin Mk II i hope.

20+ million for a 20 year old who isn't quite yet proven seems a bit much imo...

What do i know though

Why are you talking like this is a done deal? This info originated from some twitter random claiming an ESPN Brazil journo said Bernard to Arsenal, it's not even clear whether this so called journalist even said that. Now the Mirror are just picking up on it, 4th hand info at best.

Also I don't know how Willian was a dodged bullet, he would've been a great signing for us but we obviously couldn't compete with the likes of Anzhi in terms of transfer fees.

because the rules of the transfer window dictate that any supposed deal that we're involved in is seen as flimflam whilst when it's our rivals everything is to be taken as gospel

Chadli deal presumably means our interest in Bernard is over? Shame, but the pricetag was probably way out of our reach from the start. Will be interesting to see where he goes, as he looks a real talent.

Chadli deal presumably means our interest in Bernard is over? Shame, but the pricetag was probably way out of our reach from the start. Will be interesting to see where he goes, as he looks a real talent.

Why should we believe that? Surely they are different types of players and Bernard is the more intricate and creative one?

Thinking about it, who was the Modric/Mata/Silva type of player in Mourinho's first Chelsea teams?

L'Equipe says he's joining Arsenal and will have a medical on Friday

ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear

L'Equipe says he's joining Arsenal and will have a medical on Friday

ohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdearohdear

AVB said we were no longer interested in him a few weeks ago and now we have signed Chadli. Looks like Arse have taken the plunge

Back