• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Just remembered that Bernard will play in the 2nd leg of the Copa Libertadores on wednesday night

Would Wenger unsettle Bernard and irritate Atletico-MG by revealing him signing for Arsenal just days before such an important match?

Dont be surprised to see Bernard sign for Arsenal on friday

Bernard and Carzola combining will carry Arsenal hugely.

Bernard > Paulinho + Chadli. So we'd be further than one point behind them quality-wise IMO.

Paulinho is going to surprise a lot of people, finally someone arriving in the box late and goals from central midfield

Possibly, but have you seen his first touch? Its quite Zokora like

if this lad doesnt score regularly, quite a few are going to pipe up and say "what the fcuk does he actually do"

good point :)

Coz knobends couldnt get over a tragedy of not signing Leandro or whatever ... they didnt forgive Clint as such ... instead of venting frustrations out in Levy and co.

Dempsey bailed us out a few times and scored a few winners, one being at OT ...

Could it also be that Dempsey is pretty average

Personally I think Dempsey should be classified as "above average". Not world class. Not even "great", but certainly above average and a solid squad player (so long as he's happy being a solid squad player)... something every team needs over the course of the season. You're not going to get great or world-class players willing to play the squad role.

Possibly, but have you seen his first touch? Its quite Zokora like

Totally disagree with this. He has much better ball control than Zokora, and often uses it to score goals. He's a true box-to-box midfielder, so he may not have the close control of a Messi, but when compared to players like Ramires, it is very solid. His first touch certainly not looking very Zokora-like here.

[video=youtube;X4boyCT6UsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4boyCT6UsU[/video]

You see this is where Wenger's big blind spot is for me. What will Bernard do for Arsenal? Nothing. Yes, he's a great talent, but they already have loads of great talents with pace, dribbling ability, technique and creativity. He's another Arshavin/Rosicky/Gervinho/Reyes/Nasri/Walcott etc who will possibly be a lot better than some of those, although maybe not, but what they really need and have done for ages, is a couple of real big powerhouses in midfield like when they had Vieira and Gilberto Silva and a lethal front-man like Bergkamp and Henry. That's what they really need to challenge. I mean they struggled to finish above us with Fabregas, RVP and Nasri in the team, so i'm not too bothered if he goes there.

I think when you think about £21m for Bernard versus £6m for Chadli is a no-brainer. From all the reports in Holland I've read they rave about Chadli and he has better attributes for English football IMO.

Of course I could be proven wrong, but I'm not sure we're in a position to pay £21m for Bernard when there is an option £15m cheaper who doesn't appear to be rated less than Bernard is to the extent of £15m anyway!

If Bernard really was as good as some on here were making out then he'd have been snapped up by Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus etc. He wouldn't be choosing between a group of the "next rung down" clubs (i.e. scrape into CL or Europa grouping or title challengers, but in a smaller league).

alot of interesting points here i think

You see this is where Wenger's big blind spot is for me. What will Bernard do for Arsenal? Nothing. Yes, he's a great talent, but they already have loads of great talents with pace, dribbling ability, technique and creativity. He's another Arshavin/Rosicky/Gervinho/Reyes/Nasri/Walcott etc who will possibly be a lot better than some of those, although maybe not, but what they really need and have done for ages, is a couple of real big powerhouses in midfield like when they had Vieira and Gilberto Silva and a lethal front-man like Bergkamp and Henry. That's what they really need to challenge. I mean they struggled to finish above us with Fabregas, RVP and Nasri in the team, so i'm not too bothered if he goes there.

I think when you think about £21m for Bernard versus £6m for Chadli is a no-brainer. From all the reports in Holland I've read they rave about Chadli and he has better attributes for English football IMO.

Of course I could be proven wrong, but I'm not sure we're in a position to pay £21m for Bernard when there is an option £15m cheaper who doesn't appear to be rated less than Bernard is to the extent of £15m anyway!

If Bernard really was as good as some on here were making out then he'd have been snapped up by Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus etc. He wouldn't be choosing between a group of the "next rung down" clubs (i.e. scrape into CL or Europa grouping or title challengers, but in a smaller league).

well all Wenger wants to do is finish in the top 4 every season and so far he has managed that. They may not need Bernard, but if he feels its enough to get them in the CL places then he will go for it.

Wenger's philosophy seems to be if you have enough creativity and movement, you will create plenty of clear cut chances that even the doziest of attackers cant miss (well all apart from Gervinho i guess)

They will be favourites for the top 4 once again

Been saying the same mate...I agree...

Interesting that the Arse were initially a load of bad ass 6 foot something SOBs.

Now they are turning into a bunch of Umpaah Lumpaahs.

Is Bernard any good?

Would we have enough cash to also buy him him and where the fudge would he play?

Back