• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

"We don't want Jackson Martinez," Villas-Boas told Desporto. "Bernard's a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them."

If Bernard is cheap then we buy is my interpretation. Martinez...forget about it!!

"We don't want Jackson Martinez," Villas-Boas told Desporto. "Bernard's a player that we monitor like many others, but I think Tottenham will do nothing regarding them."

sounds defeatist from AVB, working with Levy seems to be taking its toll :)

Can't see us signing Bernard if we get in Paulinho. Yes, they're different players but I can't see us spending close to £40m on two players from the Brazilian leagues.

Can't see us signing Bernard if we get in Paulinho. Yes, they're different players but I can't see us spending close to £40m on two players from the Brazilian leagues.

Especially with the striking situation not sorted out

The same could be said about any player we target in any position playing any role. Some players fail.

He's at the Confederations Cup, but so far he's only been on the bench. Might be a good thing as interest in him won't grow the way it has with Paulinho.

Brazil export more players around the globe than any other nation. Most top teams with decent scouting systems know who the young talented Brazilians are. I doubt any decent team will suddenly become interested in Bernard due to the Confederations Cup

You have to look at transfer spending over a longer period than just one window. We're more or less done with paying off/amortising what we spent during Ramos/early Redknapp. When Redknapp came in we spent a lot, meaning we had less available the following windows. It would be a calculated gamble, but these are young players and not likely to drop in value. We might even be able to get some change for our deadwood.

Brazil export more players around the globe than any other nation. Most top teams with decent scouting systems know who the young talented Brazilians are. I doubt any decent team will suddenly become interested in Bernard due to the Confederations Cup

I think it's happened quite a few times that players have impressed at some international tournament and then moved to a big club (somewhat often only to fail).

Most clubs will know about the players, but they might not have a very complete knowledge about them. A good tournament could push a player a couple of spots higher up on their wish list and that might be enough to make it happen. Also some clubs like Monaco, PSG, Anzhi etc seem to buy a lot of players based on reputation and an increased reputation from an international tournament could make a difference.

Sign him up now!

Can he see some of Europe's biggest coming in for this guy, has a very bright future ahead of him, haven't a cat in hells chance but....

C'mon Levy [-o<

I expected something positive , exciting to happen every time Bernard got the ball, unlike Hulk, whom he replaced .

Likened to Juninho a player I really liked, Bernard is an exciting prospect and I would love it if we signed him .

Atletico Mineiro playmaker Bernard is reluctant to discuss his future, but has confirmed that five offers are on the table.

The Brazil international has admitted that he expects to be on the move this summer, and there are no shortage of clubs willing to offer him a ticket to Europe.

Tottenham Hotspur have been monitoring his situation for some time, while Porto and Borussia Dortmund would also welcome the opportunity to add his creativity to their ranks.

The highly-rated 20-year-old is keen to keep his focus locked on a Copa Libertadores campaign for the time being, but is aware that others have already lifted the lid on a possible transfer.

Bernard told Sportv: "I have already said that I won't talk about this, but the president has admitted publicly that there are five offers."

While the talented youngster is keeping his cards close to his chest, those who represent him are a little more open when it comes to the mounting speculation.

Juan Reol, the press agent who assists Bernard's agent Adriano Spadoto, told Globo Esporte: "The Atletico Mineiro board are the only ones who can talk about negotiations, but of course there are offers.

"Dortmund have expressed an interest. Tottenham as well, but since they have signed Paulinho they have gone cold.

"Porto are also one of the clubs, but we have to understand that Bernard won't negotiate during the Copa Libertadores.

"If Atletico Mineiro are eliminated on Wednesday, it is likely that (club president) Alexandre Kalil will talk about negotiations a few days later."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8814579/Transfer-news-Five-offers-tabled-for-Atletico-Mineiro-playmaker-Bernard

I expected something positive , exciting to happen every time Bernard got the ball, unlike Hulk, whom he replaced .

Likened to Juninho a player I really liked, Bernard is an exciting prospect and I would love it if we signed him .

I agree, would be a really exciting signing. Shame it looks off at the moment. Hopefully just a smokescreen ;)

Maybe with Halilovic choosing to stay and Jedvaj off to Roma, this deal will rear up again. Judging by the trend of players we've been linked with (Chadli, Nani, Deulofeu, etc.) we seem to be looking for wingers who double up as forwards, as opposed to forwards who cut in from the wing. Bernard fits the bill perfectly, though his physique does leave as bit to be desired when viewed in the light of the towering PL standards.

Scored last night

[video=youtube;mDpDz-zL4dc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mDpDz-zL4dc#at=25[/video]

Maybe with Halilovic choosing to stay and Jedvaj off to Roma, this deal will rear up again. Judging by the trend of players we've been linked with (Chadli, Nani, Deulofeu, etc.) we seem to be looking for wingers who double up as forwards, as opposed to forwards who cut in from the wing. Bernard fits the bill perfectly, though his physique does leave as bit to be desired when viewed in the light of the towering PL standards.

Wouldn't say no to Messi though, and he's no beast. Physique isn't everything.

Interesting development tonight - Porto have signed Quintero (subject to medical). Quintero is an identical player to Bernard, so that surely ends their interest in the latter, possibly wiping away our main competition.

Back