• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Is Bernard any good?

Would we have enough cash to also buy him him and where the fudge would he play?

Yes.

According to some people, we do yes and he'd most likely play out left and cut inside, like Bale does from the right.

What time is the game tonight?

Yes.

According to some people, we do yes and he'd most likely play out left and cut inside, like Bale does from the right.

What time is the game tonight?

So he played amazing apparently. Set up a couple of goals and they won. Has intimated he is leaving now as well. AVB seemed to say we were in for a few players so you never know if our interest may re-surface. His Agent has already said we were in contact, so maybe we will go back in. They have rejected 15m from Porto and want near 20m. So cant see us buying him and Soldado if that deal goes through.

Also the signing of Chadli may have ended our interest completely. Could have been a cheaper Villa and Bernard or more expensive Soldado and cheaper Chadli. Who knows. But sure we will find out soon.

with us now having Bale, Lennon, Townsend and Chadli im not sure we need another winger?

So he played amazing apparently. Set up a couple of goals and they won. Has intimated he is leaving now as well. AVB seemed to say we were in for a few players so you never know if our interest may re-surface. His Agent has already said we were in contact, so maybe we will go back in. They have rejected 15m from Porto and want near 20m. So cant see us buying him and Soldado if that deal goes through.

Also the signing of Chadli may have ended our interest completely. Could have been a cheaper Villa and Bernard or more expensive Soldado and cheaper Chadli. Who knows. But sure we will find out soon.

with us now having Bale, Lennon, Townsend and Chadli im not sure we need another winger?

if we sign Bernard, then Bale is off

Most likely to end up at Asenal I'd say. Then Porto and Shakhtar. I think our interest ended a while back when we decided on Chadli instead(to leave us more money for a striker).

We need Siggy for CM. Sell Dempsey though and have Bernard and Chadli as our two LF options (with Bale and Lennon our two RF options).

I'm not feeling the whole Siggy move to the middle bit tbh. He does have a knack at being in the right place at the right times it seems, but I feel when I watch him he has tapped out on his future development (For the wrestling fans!). I do wonder whether though if we were to sell 'the four' Demps, Siggy, Ade and Defoe whether that is too much change at the one time.

In your scenario above GB, where would that place Townsend.. on loan?

Regarding Siggy, should we get another Reading type bid then I think he will be sold.

I'm not feeling the whole Siggy move to the middle bit tbh. He does have a knack at being in the right place at the right times it seems, but I feel when I watch him he has tapped out on his future development (For the wrestling fans!). I do wonder whether though if we were to sell 'the four' Demps, Siggy, Ade and Defoe whether that is too much change at the one time.

In your scenario above GB, where would that place Townsend.. on loan?

Regarding Siggy, should we get another Reading type bid then I think he will be sold.

Yeah - probably loan Townsend again, then make a call next summer between him and Lennon (largely influenced by how Lennon responds to not being number one anymore - he does have good form re Bentley and raising his game).

cant see AVB playing him there...hasnt so far

But we haven't played 4-3-3 yet (except for a little while against City). People have been complaining that Sandro-Dembele-Paulinho is too defensive. Siggy (along with Holtby and Carroll) is the more attacking option/switch that we can make.

Of all our midfielders, Siggy seems to have the best defence splitting through ball of the lot. I'd really be keen to see him as an alternative to Paulinho, both for lesser matches and as an attacking sub.

Bernard's father has been quoted in Brazilian press denying he is joining Arsenal and said Porto is his preferred destination

@BrazilStats: O Jogo cover: 'BERNARD WANTS TO PLAY FOR FC PORTO'.

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Hulk has convinced Bernard that Porto move would be better for him at this stage of his career" [O Jogo]

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard dad): "Arsenal? We know there interest, but there is nothing official. At Porto, it's better for his career."

@BrazilStats: BREAKING - D.Duarte (Bernard's dad): "It will be a dream to see my son play at do Dragão." #AFC #Porto

Atlético Mineiro claim Tottenham and Arsenal pulled out of Bernard deal

Atlético Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil has revealed that both Tottenham and Arsenal failed to follow up on their interest in highly-rated attacker Bernard.

Bernard has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks as the Brazilian was linked with moves to Shakhtar Donetsk and FC Porto as well as the Premier League.

In recent days, Kalil revealed that Shakhtar were the only club with a bid accepted although there are reports that Porto have moved to seal a deal.

But now the eccentric chief has quashed rumours of any deal being agreed with either Tottenham or Arsenal.

"Tottenham made an offer of €18 million for Bernard but they withdrew. Arsenal told us that they would bid but never did so. So what we have now is a €25m bid from Shakhtar," Kalil told Radio Itatiaia.

This now leaves Bernard with only one destination in mind, but his father went public recently with a desire to see his son at Porto.

Atlético Mineiro claim Tottenham and Arsenal pulled out of Bernard deal

Atlético Mineiro president Alexandre Kalil has revealed that both Tottenham and Arsenal failed to follow up on their interest in highly-rated attacker Bernard.

Bernard has been the subject of intense speculation in recent weeks as the Brazilian was linked with moves to Shakhtar Donetsk and FC Porto as well as the Premier League.

In recent days, Kalil revealed that Shakhtar were the only club with a bid accepted although there are reports that Porto have moved to seal a deal.

But now the eccentric chief has quashed rumours of any deal being agreed with either Tottenham or Arsenal.

"Tottenham made an offer of €18 million for Bernard but they withdrew. Arsenal told us that they would bid but never did so. So what we have now is a €25m bid from Shakhtar," Kalil told Radio Itatiaia.

This now leaves Bernard with only one destination in mind, but his father went public recently with a desire to see his son at Porto.

:ross:

probably the same time Villa decided to go A.Madrid and we switched our focus to Soulja Boy

if Bale leaves quickly, does anyone think Baldini and AVB, along with Sandra and Pauline, will be trying their utmost to persuade this kid to reject Porto and join us??

so I was watching Atletico MG last night as it was Bernards last game.

He scored in the 80th minute and took it shirt off to celebrate and got a red card. What a way to go out :ross:

Back