• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham Hotspur weigh up cut-price £1.5m deal for Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10584102/Tottenham-Hotspur-weigh-up-cut-price-1.5m-deal-for-Fulham-striker-Dimitar-Berbatov.html

Daniel Levy is interested in a cut-price bid to re-sign Dimitar Berbatov – even though head coach Tim Sherwood does not believe Tottenham need any more strikers.

Berbatov’s agent has admitted his client would consider a move away from Fulham during this transfer window and the 32-year-old would be attracted by a return to White Hart Lane.

Despite the fact Jermain Defoe will leave Spurs for MLS club Toronto FC on February 28, Sherwood has told chairman Levy and director of football Franco Baldini he is happy to finish the season with the strikers that are already at the club.

But that has not stopped Levy looking at potential January deals ahead of the final 10 days of the transfer window and Berbatov is among the players who have caught his eye.

With less than six months of his Fulham contract to run, Berbatov would cost around £1.5million and would also want his £80,000-a-week Craven Cottage wages matched.

Levy failed in a last-ditch attempt to re-sign Berbatov from Manchester United ahead of Fulham at the end of the August 2012 transfer window and remains a fan of the Bulgarian, despite his acrimonious departure to Old Trafford.

Berbatov spent two years at Tottenham, scoring 46 goals in 102 appearances, before moving to Manchester United for £30.75m in the summer of 2008.

Fulham have not given up hope of keeping Berbatov until the summer and it is believed the Bulgarian has a good working relationship with head coach Rene Meulensteen.

Tottenham Hotspur weigh up cut-price £1.5m deal for Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10584102/Tottenham-Hotspur-weigh-up-cut-price-1.5m-deal-for-Fulham-striker-Dimitar-Berbatov.html

Daniel Levy is interested in a cut-price bid to re-sign Dimitar Berbatov – even though head coach Tim Sherwood does not believe Tottenham need any more strikers.

Berbatov’s agent has admitted his client would consider a move away from Fulham during this transfer window and the 32-year-old would be attracted by a return to White Hart Lane.

Despite the fact Jermain Defoe will leave Spurs for MLS club Toronto FC on February 28, Sherwood has told chairman Levy and director of football Franco Baldini he is happy to finish the season with the strikers that are already at the club.

But that has not stopped Levy looking at potential January deals ahead of the final 10 days of the transfer window and Berbatov is among the players who have caught his eye.

With less than six months of his Fulham contract to run, Berbatov would cost around £1.5million and would also want his £80,000-a-week Craven Cottage wages matched.

Levy failed in a last-ditch attempt to re-sign Berbatov from Manchester United ahead of Fulham at the end of the August 2012 transfer window and remains a fan of the Bulgarian, despite his acrimonious departure to Old Trafford.

Berbatov spent two years at Tottenham, scoring 46 goals in 102 appearances, before moving to Manchester United for £30.75m in the summer of 2008.

Fulham have not given up hope of keeping Berbatov until the summer and it is believed the Bulgarian has a good working relationship with head coach Rene Meulensteen.

I know hes been a comlete fanny to us...but i,d love to see him back........................................................................

IMO its not different to having Sol Campbell back.. for which I say fcuk off. He layed a big turd on our front door. Fcuk him and all players like him.

Not really, both we wanted to stay, both stabbed us in the back by there actions. Just because one of them we got money for does not change the type of player or person they are.

There are other ways to win.

Not really, both we wanted to stay, both stabbed us in the back by there actions. Just because one of them we got money for does not change the type of player or person they are.

There are other ways to win.

maybe....and maybe not at this moment in time..... How short are we in players from being not just CL...but Title hopefulls?

you can only get whats out there...now.

Weshould believe anything is possible with a bit of belief and effort ! or maybe a lot of belief and effort..LOL either way!

CoySpurs....................................................................................................................................................................

If we wanted a third striker which I do not think Tim Sherwood thinks he needs then I would prefer to use our scouting and take someone from the lower leagues. Charlie Austin as an example or Jordan Rhodes.. Blackburn are fooked are they not for money.. cheeky bid.. whilst giving them Harry Kane on loan, plus others we could send there. I'd even look at taking over the loan of Connor Wickham, afterall I do not think they would get much game action as the gaffer has said that Lamela and Chadli can play that role.

Should England international Rickie Lambert have been available for 7m then that for me would be a far better route.

Incidently how many games after Defoe's departure after March 31st are there.

No to Charlie Austin. Seen this guy a few times for QPR this year and he has struggled against the better Championship teams.

No to Charlie Austin. Seen this guy a few times for QPR this year and he has struggled against the better Championship teams.

I haven't seen his performances to be honest.. just that he seems to be mentioned as a goalscorer from lower divisions. Our scouting must take in lower level matches from the Championship surely.

I don't expect any of them to love the club at all. I do expect them to respect the club enough that when asked to do what they're paid handsomely to do, they don't refuse.

Absolutely this. It's not about disliking someone because they left. I bear no ill-will towards Carrick, and very little towards Bale. The likes of Modric and especially Berbatov, however, are totally different. They didn't just leave, they mugged us off on the way out.

Is Berbatov a great player? Of course he is. Would I take him back? Would I ****.

It's called pride.

People on this thread are letting emotion rule

- No one in the lower leagues is better than Berbatov (or certainly won't be immediately), honestly can't think of anyone under 5M, anywhere in the world that will have the same proven impact.
- Berbatov chose Fulham for exactly the same reason he would consider us or Scum now, he's settled in London and doesn't want to move.
- 7M for Lambert plus an extended contract (probably minimum 3 years) is a significantly different commitment to a 1.5M, 18 month contract.

The whole pride/he ****ed off stuff is naïve and childish, not to mention the comparison to Sol

If for 1.5M, we got Berbatov and he helped us win 1 game that potentially made the difference between 4th or 5th .. really?? who would say no?

And those that have zero morals and don't care about being shafted and win at all costs should go and support Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea. There I can be just as poncy.

- No one in the lower leagues is better than Berbatov (or certainly won't be immediately), honestly can't think of anyone under 5M, anywhere in the world that will have the same proven impact.
- Berbatov chose Fulham for exactly the same reason he would consider us or Scum now, he's settled in London and doesn't want to move.
- 7M for Lambert plus an extended contract (probably minimum 3 years) is a significantly different commitment to a 1.5M, 18 month contract.

The whole pride/he ****ed off stuff is naïve and childish, not to mention the comparison to Sol

If for 1.5M, we got Berbatov and he helped us win 1 game that potentially made the difference between 4th or 5th .. really?? who would say no?

Tend to agree, it's a bit nose/spite/face.

He left 6 years ago, he could come back and improve the squad, thereby enhancing our chances of achieving what we want.

Ade, Soldado, Berba, Kane is better than Ade, Soldado, Kane.

Isn't that what fans generally do? Isn't that why we are fans to begin with?

How is it naive or childish to not want a guy back who has made it perfectly clear in the past he believes himself above our club? And back in the day Campbell would've made our defence better if he'd rejoined, why is that an unfair comparison? Because it shows that despite all the talk of letting emotion rule, you do have a line in the sand yourself?

How about if we spent 1.5m on him, he was a dressing room cancer moping about the place, didn't win us any games and we finished 7th. Who would say yes?

The whole pride/he ****ed off stuff is naïve and childish

No it isn't. What is supporting/loving a club about, if pride isn't allowed in to the equation?

And where do you draw the line? Arsenal are top of the league, therefore better than us at present. Therefore, replacing our first 11 with theirs would probably improve us as well, no?

And those that have zero morals and don't care about being shafted and win at all costs should go and support Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea. There I can be just as poncy.

Morals? shafted? can we get off our pretend high horse?

We bought Berbatov for 10M, he helped us to a couple of really good result years including a trophy. We sold him to the biggest club in England for 30M, where he earned at least double his salary and won multiple trophies, we without him went on to a CL QF and similar or better league positions than we ever achieved with him.

Because there was some posturing by his agent who is a douchebag (oh, paper worthy surprise there), and a period of maybe 2-3 weeks where he may/may not/allegedly/etc. have had some run ins with the manager/club around the transfer/playing/whatever, yep really good reasons not to take the guy on the cheap, give ourselves a better chance (that's all it is, better odds) at success.

And yep, so comparable to billion dollar money doping, Sol leaving on a free to our biggest rivals while we struggle in mid table, so exactly the same.

On a side note and to take the hot air out of the thread.. what the hell am I looking at to get this advert at the top. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back