• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bentley

He can't have been that arsed about playing, remember he went out drinking 3 days before the new season started and crashed his car into a lamppost tinkled out of his head at 3am.

If he was that interested in a career he would never have done that, anyone knows stuff from past seasons can be forgotten once the new season starts if they get off on a good footing.

He can't have been that arsed about playing, remember he went out drinking 3 days before the new season started and crashed his car into a lamppost tinkled out of his head at 3am.

If he was that interested in a career he would never have done that, anyone knows stuff from past seasons can be forgotten once the new season starts if they get off on a good footing.

Another player I know fairly well. Coming back home to Tottenham was the worst career move he could've made. The people he knocks about with, same circle as me, didn't/don't help.

Malouda? Chelsea have offered to let him go on a free but he will not move because he cannot get a deal that will match his present wages so he will spend the whole of this season as a Chelsea player but unregistered

Winston Bogarde was the original sit back and take the money player. £40K a week for Chelsea and turned out for them nine times in four years.

Another player I know fairly well. Coming back home to Tottenham was the worst career move he could've made. The people he knocks about with, same circle as me, didn't/don't help.

So what do you actually think is the problem with him? Why coming to Spurs was completely the wrong move? Just interested in this..

I'm the same year as Dave. Great guy. We used to play snooker together (He's pretty mustard) and went to Faces in Hoddesdon regularly. Him, me, mams (from here once upon a time a very good DJ btw) and a few more.

Great friends but not the kind of friends you need around you if your trying to make a career out of being an athlete so to speak - and that genuinely doesn't included mams btw who IS a good influence on Dave and not a hanger on like so many.

When he went to Blackburn I knew he'd do we'll as he was away from our lot down here. However, when he returned I knew it would fail. I can't say on a public forum what I'd like to say about some of our ex players but he fell into bad company shall we say. What I can say is that one of our ex players was out with a long term injury and would constantly offer him and others drugs to which he never accepted.

I'm the same year as Dave. Great guy. We used to play snooker together (He's pretty mustard) and went to Faces in Hoddesdon regularly. Him, me, mams (from here once upon a time a very good DJ btw) and a few more.

Great friends but not the kind of friends you need around you if your trying to make a career out of being an athlete so to speak - and that genuinely doesn't included mams btw who IS a good influence on Dave and not a hanger on like so many.

When he went to Blackburn I knew he'd do we'll as he was away from our lot down here. However, when he returned I knew it would fail. I can't say on a public forum what I'd like to say about some of our ex players but he fell into bad company shall we say. What I can say is that one of our ex players was out with a long term injury and would constantly offer him and others drugs to which he never accepted.

Ok, interesting. But if he (Bentley) didn't accept the drugs what was the bad influence then? Just asking because if anything, that statement says that Bentley had strong will and RESISTED the bad influence....

removed.

crouch_1505599c.jpg

Good to hear Bentley acknowledge the fact that he was never a £17m player. Hopefully he will knuckle down and make the most of however many years he's got left as a professional footballer, well away from any unhelpful influences he has down in the London area...

David Bentley vows to prove his worth to Blackburn while on loan | Sky Sports

David Bentley has vowed to win back the affections of the Blackburn fans after returning to the club on loan from Tottenham.

The 28-year-old was a success at Ewood Park after joining from Arsenal in 2005 but soured his relationship with the Rovers fans after forcing through a move to Tottenham in 2008.

The midfielder, who made his second Rovers debut in the shock FA Cup fifth-round win at Arsenal on Saturday, admits he made mistake in the handling of his move to Spurs.

"I didn't do it the right way - I was a naive young man and made the wrong decision," said the midfielder. "I thought I was making the right choice but you can't act like that.

"I apologise for the way I went about it because I love being here, I love playing for this club.

"I thank them for what they did for me while I was here and it's good to be back. Hopefully I can replay them by coming back and performing for them."

Bentley last featured for his parent club in November 2010 and has taken in loan spells with West Ham, Birmingham and Russian outfit Rostov, but insists he does not regret moving to White Hart Lane.

"Sometimes you make decisions, I'm just a young man whose made a mistake in making that decision to move," he added. "But it's not a regret, it's a decision I made and I wanted. It just didn't work out.

"It was down to four or five things, a few things. It just didn't work out and I don't think it was anything to do with football."

He added: "Someone was willing to pay that fee for me. I never said I was worth that because I wasn't worth that."

It frustrates the fudge out of me when people say we wasted his talent. Not only is he responsible for the preservation of his own talent (what with us paying him a fudging fortune), but he was never that talented in the first place. His one excellent season is the anomaly in his career and we were stupid enough to cough up the big bucks for him.

Ok, interesting. But if he (Bentley) didn't accept the drugs what was the bad influence then? Just asking because if anything, that statement says that Bentley had strong will and RESISTED the bad influence....

Just in with the wrong crowd that's all.

It frustrates the fudge out of me when people say we wasted his talent. Not only is he responsible for the preservation of his own talent (what with us paying him a fudging fortune), but he was never that talented in the first place. His one excellent season is the anomaly in his career and we were stupid enough to cough up the big bucks for him.

tickle my balls with a feather.

A big time charlie (in his own head) who threw away a career all of us can only dream about. Deserves everything he gets.

Spot on

Gards ‏@Gards44

Clear out has Begun! Bentley released on a free transfer! #Thfc

He may be an ITK, but he has strong connections to Bentley IIRC.

Back