• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

FIFPRO XI: Casillas, Dani Alves, Pique, Ramos, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo

Coach of the year: Vicente Del Bosque

Hmm so nobody from the European or World club champions was good enough...

BAB1x7eCIAEUP_-.jpg

Quite simply the best player of his generation! Who knows how many records he will have obliterated when he finally hangs the boots up. Now his all time standing is another debate, but the guy is streets ahead of everyone else right now.

best bit was Ronaldo's face. Classic.

Don't worry Christiano, I'm not as good as Messi either.

Not taking anything away from Messi, and if you're judging it purely on ability, then for me, Messi is the GOAT. But Maradona won a World Cup and reached another final with an Argentina team that wasn't fancied and isn't as good as the current Argentina side. But then again, Spain weren't that good back then so I have no idea what I'm saying now :)

happy for Messi, but think Ronaldo deserved it this year for how he dragged R Madrid to the league title.

How did Ferguson get 5th in the managers table ? Didn't win the league, first round CL exit, and didn't win the FA or Carling Cup !

Del Bosque. Love to know how his training sessions work "do what you do at Barca and tell the Madrid lads"

You could put anyone at the helm of that team and they'd win a world cup

Del Bosque. Love to know how his training sessions work "do what you do at Barca and tell the Madrid lads"

gonad*s IMO - the manager still has to set them up in a fashion to stifle certain threats at every game. Let's not forget that in the World Cup final that side only managed to beat Holland in extra-time.

The whole 'anyone could win the title with Chelsea (etc)' theory is rubbish

There have been some massive failures by some fantastic teams.

I do agree though that winning as the big favourite isn't as impressive as winning as the underdog.

I think Klopp could have gotten it, twice in a row with a self build Dortmund side put together on the cheap. Possibly Mourinho for overtaking Barca, even though it was just temporarily.

Back