• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

8 points down, 6 games to go.

Scraped the title in the last minute of the season on goal difference with comfortably the best squad in the league. Crashes out in group stage of the CL. Constantly moans about not having enough players despite spending hundreds of millions.

Scraped the title in the last minute of the season on goal difference with comfortably the best squad in the league. Crashes out in group stage of the CL. Constantly moans about not having enough players despite spending hundreds of millions.

We were comfortably ahead in January, and would have kept at least some of that lead if it wasn't for Yaya going to African Cup of Nations and a very dodgy red card for Kompany against Man United. Say what you like about him, he deserves to be nominated just for that final push. He simultaneously took pressure off our players and put in on United's with the "It's United's title" comments, and played a tactical blinder in the run in. We're on a 15-game unbeaten streak, that's not too bad is it?

We were comfortably ahead in January, and would have kept at least some of that lead if it wasn't for Yaya going to African Cup of Nations and a very dodgy red card for Kompany against Man United. Say what you like about him, he deserves to be nominated just for that final push. He simultaneously took pressure off our players and put in on United's with the "It's United's title" comments, and played a tactical blinder in the run in. We're on a 15-game unbeaten streak, that's not too bad is it?

Spend £940 million on players
Cry when one player leaves for Africa

Mancini doesn't deserve a nomination, you crashed out of the CL last season like a litter of kittens (and it looks highly probable you're going to do the same again this season). If the criteria is just buying your way to a title then we might as well have Leonardo earmarked for next year.

Hahaha yes Mancini is a tactical genius....his real talent is making managing City look like hard work.

Mancini doesn't deserve a nomination, you crashed out of the CL last season like a litter of kittens (and it looks highly probable you're going to do the same again this season). If the criteria is just buying your way to a title then we might as well have Leonardo earmarked for next year.

+1

He didn't spend all that money, a large portion of it was completely wasted by Clueless Hughes. And to be honest losing Yaya Toure is far more detrimental to us than any other club losing any other player, especially in January when the games are relentlessly often.

No matter how much money you spend, the manager still has to get them playing. Scoring 96 goals after changing his defensive philosophy is impressive. He even optionally increases the difficulty for himself by playing Balotelli quite often. Losing our best striker for 6 months didn't help either. Yeah, Champions League is a huge disappointment. But he's worshipped in Manchester. Some of the football he's had us playing, and the trophies he's had us winning, make it hard for us to begrudge him of a nomination.

He didn't spend all that money, a large portion of it was completely wasted by Clueless Hughes. And to be honest losing Yaya Toure is far more detrimental to us than any other club losing any other player, especially in January when the games are relentlessly often.

No matter how much money you spend, the manager still has to get them playing. Scoring 96 goals after changing his defensive philosophy is impressive. He even optionally increases the difficulty for himself by playing Balotelli quite often. Losing our best striker for 6 months didn't help either. Yeah, Champions League is a huge disappointment. But he's worshipped in Manchester. Some of the football he's had us playing, and the trophies he's had us winning, make it hard for us to begrudge him of a nomination.

I think it speaks volumes when other teams supporters want you to keep Mancini. I'd be gutted if he leaves City and they get a proper manager in, they'd walk the league and do some serious damage in the CL. Just look at PSG, first season in the CL under new regime and p*ssing it, difference = manager.

I think it speaks volumes when other teams supporters want you to keep Mancini. I'd be gutted if he leaves City and they get a proper manager in, they'd walk the league and do some serious damage in the CL. Just look at PSG, first season in the CL under new regime and p*ssing it, difference = manager.

Every team has people that everyone doesn't rate. We're full of them. The rest of the league think Lescott, Barry, Milner, Nasri and Mancini are inept. But we won the league with these being integral to it. I know that your fans really rate Assou-Ekotto. I can't speak for all fans, but I know he isn't exactly highly thought of by City fans. Similarly, Van set Vaart wasn't seen as more than a half-season wonder by the rest of the division. Arsenal fans rate Jenkinson, nobody else does. Chelsea fans rate Mikel, nobody else does. Liverpool fans rate Downing… nah, not even they're THAT deluded.

+1

mancini is holding them back. His tactical changes in the CL have been utterly bizarre and have cost them.

And to be honest losing Yaya Toure is far more detrimental to us than any other club losing any other player, especially in January when the games are relentlessly often.

LOL! Poor Emirates Marketing Project! Sorry mate, but what a crock of brick. You are littered with expensive replacements throughout your squad. with Barry and de Jong (Plus Kompany if needed) all there to deputise in the DM/Holding position and to a lesser extent Milner, and then with Nasri, Silva, Tevez all ready to support Aguero, Balloteli and Dzeko, it is a monumental joke that you act like you're built around Yaya. Emirates Marketing Project ruin the transfer and wage systems and then complain that they don't have ENOUGH players... fudge me!

I remember Mancini's "Oh Woe Is Me" performance over De Rossi back in January, it was a joke. So now you have Balloteli, Dzeko, Aguero and the new and improved "I lovings Manchester village, it's very nice" Tevez plus RSC rotting somewhere or other and Mancini is all upset that the nasty men won't sell him Cavani and now look to spent some eye watering amount on Jovetic instead.

I do feel a little sorry for "proper" city fans like yourself, up until the point that you try to argue that your newly bought success actually means anything. You haven't brought anything new to football, nothing eye pleasing, you cannot compete in Europe after YEARS of cash injection and are completely distoring the league financially... Yet we are meant to think that the Sheikhs are great because they are spending lots of money regnerating Manchester to try and fiddle their financial numbers and because they bought Mancini a title? Thanks, but no thanks.

I believe the word I'm looking for is SCHOOLED

to be fair mate, this SWP fella seems like a very normal/decent City fan and I welcome a few posters from other clubs on the board for a bit of banter. I just want to distance myself from this if it turns in to a slating of this particular poster.

However much i agree with Wookie's post (and I do), we've all got opinions about Spurs that if were put out in the mainstream for fans of other clubs to comment, I'm sure they'd slate us as well.

This is not an attack towards the poster himself - simply a response to Wookie's reply which I feel summarised Mancini to the t.

Back