• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

to be fair mate, this SWP fella seems like a very normal/decent City fan and I welcome a few posters from other clubs on the board for a bit of banter. I just want to distance myself from this if it turns in to a slating of this particular poster.

However much i agree with Wookie's post (and I do), we've all got opinions about Spurs that if were put out in the mainstream for fans of other clubs to comment, I'm sure they'd slate us as well.

It wasn't a personal attack, I'm just sick of people telling me that City are doing things "The right way". It's flimflam and I won't tolerate it, least of all on a Spurs message board!

Yea I didn't think your post was a personal attack, it was just the schooled comment I wasn't sure of, but as Arc says, he wasn't meaning anything by it.

Anyway, as you were. Mancini hey, what a whinging nob.

It wasn't a personal attack, I'm just sick of people telling me that City are doing things "The right way". It's flimflam and I won't tolerate it, least of all on a Spurs message board!

Fair enough mate, sorry for veering off topic so I won't take it any further.

I was VERY surprised to see no Bale on the list, and few complaints from yourselves. Do you lot know something we don't?

I was VERY surprised to see no Bale on the list, and few complaints from yourselves. Do you lot know something we don't?

hard to put him on there when he's not won anything or even played in the CL for over a year

I don't think he's been consistent enough to warrant a place on Ballon d'Or. IMO it should be reserved for players who have had an outstanding season and Bale doesn't fit that, or at least, not compared to the real high flyers on that list. RVP single handedly carried Arsenal back into the CL, so I can see why he is on there, for example.

...Actually, I think that the Ballon d'Or is a vanity project, but it SHOULD be reserved for players who have had an outstanding season. For me, Bale has dipped out of too many matches and been uninfluencial in too many matches to be considered for football's biggest gong.

We were comfortably ahead in January, and would have kept at least some of that lead if it wasn't for Yaya going to African Cup of Nations and a very dodgy red card for Kompany against Man United. Say what you like about him, he deserves to be nominated just for that final push. He simultaneously took pressure off our players and put in on United's with the "It's United's title" comments, and played a tactical blinder in the run in. We're on a 15-game unbeaten streak, that's not too bad is it?

Again, he had the best squad in the league so not a big achievement in my eyes.

Jurgen Klopp should win by a landslide. He won the German double, beating Bayern to the title and smashing them 5-2 in the German Cup Final. Two massive achievements when you consider that most people agree that Bayern are the 3rd best team in Europe.

Last edited:
Every team has people that everyone doesn't rate. We're full of them. The rest of the league think Lescott, Barry, Milner, Nasri and Mancini are inept. But we won the league with these being integral to it. I know that your fans really rate Assou-Ekotto. I can't speak for all fans, but I know he isn't exactly highly thought of by City fans. Similarly, Van set Vaart wasn't seen as more than a half-season wonder by the rest of the division. Arsenal fans rate Jenkinson, nobody else does. Chelsea fans rate Mikel, nobody else does. Liverpool fans rate Downing… nah, not even they're THAT deluded.

Nasri is a fantastic player, but he's been average since he left Arsenal. He was one of the best players in the league 2 seasons ago.

Milner is just a workhorse. But every team could benefit from a squad player like him. Don't think he should be anywhere near the England team but then again, we have a dearth of talent so maybe it's an indictment of the state of our national team.

Don't rate Barry at all, far too slow and not good enough technically to be playing for a top European side as you are clearly aiming to be.

Lescott is a good footballer, but sure about him defensively. Definitely an area you could improve upon.

Agree about Ekotto, Spurs fans do overrate him.

He didn't spend all that money, a large portion of it was completely wasted by Clueless Hughes. And to be honest losing Yaya Toure is far more detrimental to us than any other club losing any other player, especially in January when the games are relentlessly often.

No matter how much money you spend, the manager still has to get them playing. Scoring 96 goals after changing his defensive philosophy is impressive. He even optionally increases the difficulty for himself by playing Balotelli quite often. Losing our best striker for 6 months didn't help either. Yeah, Champions League is a huge disappointment. But he's worshipped in Manchester. Some of the football he's had us playing, and the trophies he's had us winning, make it hard for us to begrudge him of a nomination.

Sorry mate, but with the players you have, it would be a disgrace to play anything other than free flowing attacking football. May I remind you that Mancini got you 3rd place two seasons ago by parking the bus in every big game, most notably at WHL where Joe Hart was the only thing stopping us from putting at least 5 past you.

He had you playing 4-2-3-1 last season and it won you the title, so why did he change to 3 at the back? I think he's trying to emulate Juventus and a host of other Italian sides that use this system. But if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Judging from what I see from your players most weeks, you don't seem to have a good team spirit in the slightest, bust ups in training seem to happen more frequently than they do at say United or Chelsea. This comes down to bad man-management. Say what you like about Mourinho, but his Chelsea sides always had a great team spirit. That's one of the massive differences between him and Mancini. Cesare Prandelli got the best out of Balotelli at the Euros, and Bonucci even put his hand over Balotelli's mouth to stop him having a pop at the coach. Compare that to what happened at the Emirates last season where Balotelli was on the floor at half time and all of your players either walked past him or stepped over him, not one checked on him!

I have some sympathy for SOME Emirates Marketing Project fans in the sense that they were loyal fans before Shiekh Mansour came in. What are you supposed to do? Not support your club because large amounts of cash have been injected into the club? But at the same time, I won't accept that anything Mancini has done so far has been anything special. Given the same resources/players, Fergie would tinkle the league.

to be fair mate, this SWP fella seems like a very normal/decent City fan and I welcome a few posters from other clubs on the board for a bit of banter. I just want to distance myself from this if it turns in to a slating of this particular poster.

However much i agree with Wookie's post (and I do), we've all got opinions about Spurs that if were put out in the mainstream for fans of other clubs to comment, I'm sure they'd slate us as well.

He's getting a far more reasoned and balanced debate than any of us would if we were to log onto Bluemoon. You'd need a crash helmet for the abuse that would rain down as they hate us with a passion!

He's getting a far more reasoned and balanced debate than any of us would if we were to log onto Bluemoon. You'd need a crash helmet for the abuse that would rain down as they hate us with a passion!

Which is why I post on here. Even on topics regarding City players, I get the image that 70% of the posters there are just monkeys bashing their keyboards with spanners. I have no particular liking toasted Spurs, nor do I dislike them. It's a good place full of intelligent individuals (apart from that guy called Bale, he must have been a WUM) who know a bit about the game.

Regarding your earlier posts, I'd love to respond but I don't have the time right now so might manage it later. It'd be a shame to leave all that without a proper rebuttal.

A shorter short-list is out and on it you find, surprise surprise, Ronaldo, Messi and Iniesta.

FIFPRO XI: Casillas, Dani Alves, Pique, Ramos, Marcelo, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo

Coach of the year: Vicente Del Bosque

Percentage of winners.Ballon d 'Or:Messi 41.60%.Cristiano, 23.68%. Iniesta, 10.91.

Best manager: Del Bosque: 34,51%. Mou: 20,49%. Pep: 12,91%.

Manager award top 10:

1 Del Bosque
2 Mourinho
3 Guardiola
4 Di Matteo
5 Ferguson
6 Klopp
7 Prandelli
8 Mancini
9 Loew
10 Heynckes

Ballon d'Or official top 10: