• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Going to Liverpool is just about the worst move that he could make right now.

If he wants to repair his reputation then he needs to look at staying at a club in a more competitive league for two or three years. I think that Italy would be a good move.

he's far too good for them

This. Nobody with any integrity whatsoever deserves that bunch of clownshoes.

Come to think of it, deflection tactics, never my fault, full of sh1t, great big pile of cvnt......

Perfect fit for another of our recent managers.

The press would be straight onto him and I would assume that the English Liverpool players would have heard the same stories about him that ours had heard from the Chelsea players.

If AVB is planning to come back to England, he needs to do it as a success or the press will rip him apart.

I think Avb will do well with liverpool with their ability to attract better players, so I hope they don't and that Rodgers will continue into the job for years leaving them floundering for even longer!

I hope AVB doesn't go there, he's far too nice. Hope he continues to enjoy his success in Zenit.

Will be interesting to know who will be next Liverpool manager though.

From tonight's Standard

Andre Villas-Boas today insisted he has no desire to return to the Premier League.

Villas-Boas was sacked by both Chelsea and Tottenham and is now in charge of Zenit St Petersburg in Russia, where his good work has led to rumours of a move to Liverpool if Brendan Rodgers is dismissed.

Perhaps bruised by his experiences in England, Villas-Boas played down the idea he would come back. He said: “I’m very happy at Zenit. Returning to England is* not in my plans.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...fter-being-linked-with-liverpool-9912165.html

AVB is only interested in piles of money and early retirement

This.

AVB has only been successful when he's been placed in charge of the richest club in a league, he couldn't even last a season at the 2nd wealthiest in England and Andre bailed-out on us when he couldn't persuade Levy to bankrupt Spurs in order to chase players out of our price bracket.

Zenit have an oil billionaire owner and are a far higher spending club than Liverpool, so AVB might as well stay there and win a few Russian trophies to add to his C.V. for the next Powerpoint presentation.

:Emirates Marketing Project:

This.

AVB has only been successful when he's been placed in charge of the richest club in a league, he couldn't even last a season at the 2nd wealthiest in England and Andre bailed-out on us when he couldn't persuade Levy to bankrupt Spurs in order to chase players out of our price bracket.

Zenit have an oil billionaire owner and are a far higher spending club than Liverpool, so AVB might as well stay there and win a few Russian trophies to add to his C.V. for the next Powerpoint presentation.

:Emirates Marketing Project:
Yet Mourinho only ever manages the richest team in the league and is considered one of the greats.

:roll:

I don't think he'll come back to England. His methods haven't seemed to work very well in the Premier League and a 3rd failure here would put his career in the toilet.

his methods got us our record points total

i agree with Milo, he needs to stick around in one job for a bit, if he keeps doing what he's doing there its only a matter of time before he ends up in a higher profile league at a "big club"

i agree with Milo, he needs to stick around in one job for a bit, if he keeps doing what he's doing there its only a matter of time before he ends up in a higher profile league at a "big club"
I think that there is sense in leaving Zenit for Italy or Spain but he should pick a club where he can stay for two or three years.

I think that there is sense in leaving Zenit for Italy or Spain but he should pick a club where he can stay for two or three years.

Italian league would suit him. I can see him rocking up at Inter one of these day and taking them to another dimension.

Hey Gale I would just add that he got us there with Bale playing his best football of his career and probably in the world at that time. My guess, and it is just that, is without him we'd have ended up in the late 50s to early 60s. All hypothetical but I can't personally credit AVB with that 72 point total in its entirety.

which manager can you entirely credit with any points total?

good teams have good players playing well, bale played brilliantly in that team which was setup by AVB to maximise his effectiveness, that was his method

which manager can you entirely credit with any points total?

good teams have good players playing well, bale played brilliantly in that team which was setup by AVB to maximise his effectiveness, that was his method

Yes true. However, I liken it a bit to Brendan Rodgers last season. I can't really credit him with 2nd as without Suarez he wouldn't have got near it and this season has proved what I said to be right.

Of course they were managers at the time but if you've got one player bailing you out week after week I can't use that as a bow to their arrow.

Hey Gale I would just add that he got us there with Bale playing his best football of his career and probably in the world at that time. My guess, and it is just that, is without him we'd have ended up in the late 50s to early 60s. All hypothetical but I can't personally credit AVB with that 72 point total in its entirety.

This. We saw what happened after he left, same thing that's happening to Liverpool without Suarez. Great record at Porto but ultimately a failure in England. He oversaw Chelsea losing 5-3 at home to Arsenal, have Chelsea ever conceded 5 at home in a league game before or since with Abramovich there?

Back