• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Aren't Zenit by far the biggest spending club in the Russian League? As that would make leading them to the title an achievement about on par with Mancini / Pellegrini picking up the Premier League whilst in charge of the Manc lotto winners...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23603167

Russian Premier League team budgets (2012)

• Zenit St Petersburg (£184m)
  • Anzhi (£116m)
  • Rubin Kazan (£93.45m)
  • Dinamo Moscow (£80.5m)
  • Lokomotiv Moscow (£75m)
  • Spartak Moscow (£67m)
  • CSKA Moscow (£58m)
Biggest spenders in world football between 2005 and 2014 | Purely Football

9) Zenit St Petersburg: In ninth spot is Zenit who are undoubtedly Russia’s highest spending side, with a net spend of £217.8million. Owned by mega rich Alexander Dyukov, chairman of huge gas company Gazprom, the Russian side have spent a fortune in the last few years as they looked to mount a serious tilt at the biggest competitions in Europe. Dyukov sanctioned the £47million transfer of Brazilian forward Hulk from Porto, the £32.5million move for Benfica midfielder Axel Witsel in 2012 and gave Emirates Marketing Project £13million to secure the services of Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia this summer. Despite this, Zenit have only won three Russian titles and a UEFA Cup in the last decade, something they will look to improve on with former Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas in charge.

Last edited:
First off AVB wanted bale to stay. And we don't know how the committee works, but it was clear to me that AVB didn't have major decision rights. I believe AVB would be happy blowing the cash on 2 or 3 players but it was probably against the committee. Either ways we can't be sure of the situation but we know that avb had to alter the way we play dramatically without bale. At the time almost everyone thought it was poor coaching. But we still suffer the same issues with Poch.

You're missing my point, AVB was the architect of that team. It was HIS team bought to play his system. Some of the players may not have been first choice, but he would have had a big say in who was coming in. Poch has inherited it.

Last edited:
AVB is deserved to be called a Spurs legend because :
1.First Spurs manager to beat ManU in 12 years
2.First Spurs manager to beat ManU away in 23 years

History will prove that win caused Ferguson to retire, thus causing the end of the ManU domination. :lol:

So does a certain former Spurs manager who won away at Arsenal for the first time since 1993 also deserve legendary status? And the first that had us in the European Cup since the 60s?:-k

Not sure of his legendary status but I do credit him for that excellent football and turning bale into a superstar.

And I disagree with disdain for him on here, he did more than poch with the current lot, and he was right we should have splurged the cash for more established players that would fit his philosophy than gamble on the magnificent seven that can't.

Look at poch, same issues with the current lot despite additions, same dull football with no cutting edge up front, and atrocious defending.

To summarize avb saw clearly what we were without bale, poch is just finding out.

Point taken re Bale, but excellent football? It was the worst football we've played since George Graham.

Mate, I have read some of your posts re: Poch (who I like very much), and I think you are very fair in your criticism of him on the footballing side. Which makes me even more puzzled how you and so many other posters can be so unswerving to the point of blindness in your support of AVB. I have recently re-read some of the archived AVB thread and it is amazing the following he had from Spurs fans. More than any other manager in our recent history I would say. This a man who failed in his previous job to us and ultimately proved a failure with us. Not because he was not given enough time imo, but because he imploded spectacularly when the going got tough. I believe that AVB was very well supported in the transfer market by Levy (moutinho aside) and we are struggling now partly due to his preference for big units in the middle of the park, Dembele, Capoue, paulinho, chadli etc over technically gifted, passing players such as Huddlestone and vdv, Eriksen being the only exception, Lamela was never really given a chance.

I'm with you. Call my cynical, but I bet he wouldn't have got half the support he got had he been an English manager and not come from such a priviliged background.

You're missing my point, AVB was the architect of that team. It was HIS team bought to play his system. Some of the players may not have been first choice, but he would have had a big say in who was coming in. Poch has inherited it.

I don't think avb was the architect of that team post bale. I think the way we played post bale reveals about what he thinks about the magnificent seven.

All speculation I know, but avb is well capable of attacking football with us before bale left, and in Russia now.

@paddypower: When nothing much is happening during a game, AVB likes to pass the time by groping a pair of imaginary breasts:
[vine]OOLdjhbmbO1[/vine]

@paddypower: When nothing much is happening during a game, AVB likes to pass the time by groping a pair of imaginary breasts:
[vine]OOLdjhbmbO1[/vine]
:lol: Must've been hypnotized by Tony Le Mesmer.

tumblr_md0e2xS1Q91rjolieo1_250.gif

AVB to Anfield? Liverpool look to ex-Chelsea and Spurs boss as Brendan Rodgers replacement

LIVERPOOL may steer away from Arsenal managerial target Jurgen Klopp and go after ex-Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas should they dispense with Brendan Rodgers.

Published: 12:23, Sun, December 7, 2014By CHARLES PERRIN

Klopp, who was touted as a possible target for Liverpool and the Gunners, shelved suggestions last month he would make a dramatic move to the Premier League when he said: "The only other language I speak is English a little bit and, for my type of coaching, I need the language.

"But not now, not this year, I don’t know when."

Villas-Boas, who was sacked last year by Tottenham, has enjoyed a renaissance at Zenit St Petersburg.

The Portuguese is on course to win the Russian league in his first full season in charge.

According to The Times, Liverpool's owner FSG (Fenway Sports Group) are weighing up their options and have asked Villas-Boas to provide details of his coaching methods.

They claim that Villas-Boas is currently the leading candidate to replace the beleaguered Rodgers.

It is also believed that FSG's long-term plans revolves around consistently qualifying for the Champions League.

The Reds' title hopes were effectively ended yesterday after a goalless draw at home to Sunderland, but whether FSG will keep faith in Rodgers in the long term is another matter altogether.

------------------------------------------

Some media are linking AVB to take over at Liverpool. Surely, it won't be wise for AVB to return to England so soon. He is doing well at Zenit now, as they are leading the Russian league by 7 points after 17 matches. AVB should concentrate on winning the league title with Zenit and maybe stay there for a few years before moving on to other leagues. He should try his luck in Spain and Italy before even thinking about returning to England where the media treated him badly.

Anyway, I will have mixed feelings if he does take over at Liverpool. Want him to succeed, just to prove a point to his critics but at the same time it will be difficult to see him at another English club.

Last edited:
A. The dippers HATE AVB

B. He'll be replacing a chosen one, he'll get the same treatment as Hodgson.

The most supportive fans in the world.

Back