• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

So, CSKA Moscow wins the Russian PL after beating Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0. This is CSKA's second consecutive league title. AVB's Zenit finished just 1 point behind in 2nd place, despite beating Krosnodar 4-1. Disappointed for AVB. But in a way it is good for AVB to finish in 2nd place after just taking over for a few months. Any manager will tell you winning trophies in their first season will always put undue expectations on them in their second season. Just look at GG and Ramos after they won the League Cup in their first season at Spurs.

I think AVB can be proud of his first season with Zenit. His record with Zenit are now 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 lost. I think Zenit will be a force in CL and Russian league next season.

So, CSKA Moscow wins the Russian PL after beating Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0. This is CSKA's second consecutive league title. AVB's Zenit finished just 1 point behind in 2nd place, despite beating Krosnodar 4-1. Disappointed for AVB. But in a way it is good for AVB to finish in 2nd place after just taking over for a few months. Any manager will tell you winning trophies in their first season will always put undue expectations on them in their second season. Just look at GG and Ramos after they won the League Cup in their first season at Spurs.

I think AVB can be proud of his first season with Zenit. His record with Zenit are now 7 wins, 1 draw and 1 lost. I think Zenit will be a force in CL and Russian league next season.
I agree with everything you said.

Ok it's official he failed to win the title ...thread title change? Also can you list the names of teams he beat, drew and lost too?

Is that why AVB tends to only hang around at clubs for the one season, to avoid fans having undue expectations of him building upon his first season success?
Hopefully his 2nd campaign at Zenit goes better than at Spurs, what with him once again breaking records during his first season but ultimately finishing 1pt behind the team he was hired to usurp.

[video=youtube;lBPdS4rA-pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPdS4rA-pY[/video]

Andre Villas-Boas has nominated Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy to do the ‪‎IceBucketChallenge‬

fair play to AVB, he did it naked. :eek: Hardcore

will Levy take up the challenge :-k

[video=youtube;lBPdS4rA-pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPdS4rA-pY[/video]

Andre Villas-Boas has nominated Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy to do the ‪‎IceBucketChallenge‬

...and he nominated 3 guys, levy, abramovich and the president of something (his current club?)...

Nice to see AVB having another good season with Zenit. Zenit now leads the Russian PL by 2 points, after winning 8, drawing 2 and getting 26 points in 10 matches. Zenit have already set a new Russian record after winning their first 8 league matches this season. The previous record was 7 wins by Rubin Kazan in 2008. Zenit are also leading their CL group, ahead of Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen and Benfica. Maybe going to a "smaller" league like Russia were not a bad decision by AVB afterall. This has helped him rebuild his managerial career away from the evils of the British media. Former Spurs managers/coaches rarely do well after leaving Spurs. So, it is nice to see AVB doing well there.

I still think AVB would have done better with us if he had been given more time. Really enjoyed his first season with us, especially his wild goal celebrations. Compared this to the boring muted celebrations by Sherwood and Pochettino.

Last edited:
Nice to see AVB having another good season with Zenit. Zenit now leads the Russian PL by 2 points, after winning 8, drawing 2 and getting 26 points in 10 matches. Zenit have already set a new Russian record after winning their first 8 league matches this season. The previous record was 7 wins by Rubin Kazan in 2008. Zenit are also leading their CL group, ahead of Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen and Benfica. Maybe going to a "smaller" league like Russia were not a bad decision by AVB afterall. This has helped him rebuild his managerial career away from the evils of the British media. Former Spurs managers/coaches rarely do well after leaving Spurs. So, it is nice to see AVB doing well there.

I still think AVB would have done better with us if he had been given more time. Really enjoyed his first season with us, especially his wild goal celebrations. Compared this to the boring muted celebrations by Sherwood and Pochettino.

Poch out! AVB in!

'Poch in crap goal celebration shocker'!!!!!!!11111!!

'TURGID CELEBRATIONS FROM POCH - GET HIM OUT'

I liked AVB and it's good to see him do well....but he had to go. Even before the debacles you could see the team had lost faith in him and his methods. He stifled the play way to much .

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

glad he's doing well, love the little guy, his first season was one of my most enjoyable, we didnt do any of that sexy stuff that year

I think he has a great future ahead of him and I'm sure we'll regret not doing more to keep the relationship productive

I liked AVB and it's good to see him do well....but he had to go. Even before the debacles you could see the team had lost faith in him and his methods. He stifled the play way to much .

It looked to me that he lost faith in management first.

Poch is struggling with the same set of players and more, Avb vindicated ?

No I don't think he is metalgear. Poch intrigues me. I really can see him turning into a shankly, stein or clough.
He's gone to do it his way and take the players with him. Two theories on the swooping players about, the most likely one is looking for combinations. Pairs or groups that work well and cancel out obvious weaknesses in individuals. Kaboul, Bentaleb, mason, Ade and Soldado, maybe not all bad players, don't fit in his system or not experienced enough but can be used in combination with others.
Less likely scenario? playing some of the poorer players, kaboul, paulinho, vlad,( that's in my view obviously) to highlight to DL that they aren't up to it.
I wanted FDB but Poch has really impressed me so far, it's early and maybe I'm naive or to optimistic but I'm hopeful.

Back