• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Closest is probably Arry with us.

Yup, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine under Bobby Robson back in 2002, all turned out to be one season wonders in the Champions League though.

4hbgd5.png

16m5dg8.png

abgo6h.png

Last edited:
:ross::ross::ross:

How many managers at mid-table clubs around European leagues do you think would be in with a shout of getting the Zenit job next time it becomes available?

I think that the questions we should consider are:

What is the best that he can achieve at Zenit?

What level of job do we think him succeeding at Zenit could lead?

A couple of league titles, CL quarter-finals-ish?

I think a PSG/Monaco big money club in a not huge league type job or a job with someone like Milan, Inter, Valencia etc, a formerly or close to big club in a big league that's not the PL type job.

Last edited:
A couple of league titles, CL quarter-finals-ish?

I think a PSG/Monaco big money club in a not huge league type job or a job with someone like Milan, Inter, Valencia etc, a formerly or close to big club in a big league that's not the PL type job.

I agree. My point was that he could probably pick up one of those jobs now.

I think being at Zenit for a few years will help AVB improve his image as a manager. Now he can fully concentrate on his job without being hounded by the English media. I am sure all the big clubs will come in for him if he can get continuous success at Zenit.

Zenit is going to play Lokomotiv Moscow in a top-of-the-table clash in a few mins time. Can't believe I am interested to watch a Russian league game which is being shown live here. I guess we all want to see AVB succeed just to prove a point or two to the clueless Levy.:lol:

Zenit is going to play Lokomotiv Moscow in a top-of-the-table clash in a few mins time. Can't believe I am interested to watch a Russian league game which is being shown live here. I guess we all want to see AVB succeed just to prove a point or two to the clueless Levy.:lol:

but it proves no point at all? i mean it proves that he can manage in a ****e league where he's with a team that's comfortably better than their opposition (which we knew already) but absolutely nothing else.

but it proves no point at all? i mean it proves that he can manage in a ****e league where he's with a team that's comfortably better than their opposition (which we knew already) but absolutely nothing else.

It will prove that Levy is clueless. It will prove that AVB would have done better if he had been given more time, without selling our best players. And just imagine, the Russian league is rated higher than the Dutch league from which Levy is trying to sign our next manager from.

It will prove that Levy is clueless. It will prove that AVB would have done better if he had been given more time, without selling our best players. And just imagine, the Russian league is rated higher than the Dutch league from which Levy is trying to sign our next manager from.

No actually it would prove nothing of what you just stated. You can have your opinion but him doing well in the Russian league proves absolutely nothing.

It won't because AVB left Spurs by mutual consent because relationships had gone sour behind the scenes and not because of results on the pitch.

Not selling your best players when they want to leave and you have received a world record bid is not an option at Spurs, unfortunately. That is not Levy's fault, it is just a reflection of the size of the club and our wealth.

Zenit is leading Lokomotiv 1-0 at half time. It will improve Zenit's chances of winning the league greatly if they can maintain this.

RPL is currently a top-6 European league, not far away from France and Italy.
It has many problems, but it's not so woeful as it appeared to be in 90s and beginning of 00s. It defenitely progresses, but not enough in terms of spent money.
This season also had and still has fantastic intrigue.

I was at the match yesterday. Nearly full stadium, not the most entertaining football, 2 goals because of defensive mistakes, but overall some good individual perfomances from players who will be on the WC (f.e. Witsel, Lomberts, Crischito, some russian national team players). Hulk and Danny were well covered and didn't do much.

Boas is doing great: results are nearly ideal, he gives very intelligent match views, respects opposing teams, works with academy players and even visits there matches. Not a news, because we've seen most of this during his Spurs career.

Zenit St.Petersburg is a good place for Boas, both to regain a status of candidate for a top job and to learn new things. Boas will have money for summer transfers. There are several players who he knows well (Hulk, Danny, Netu) and who became the basement of the team. Much less pressure on Boas from mass-media in comparison with EPL. Much less pressure from club's owner. CL next season. A very solid salary. You can't blame and criticise him for approving this job. Those who talked about Hamburg or Celta Vigo as better next options for Boas are living in their own world of football or just mad.

Last edited:
I agree. My point was that he could probably pick up one of those jobs now.

Possibly. But it doesn't seem like he was offered one so he took the best job available to him at the time?

It will not prove that AVB would have done better if he had been given more time.

It has many problems, but it's not so woeful as it appeared to be in 90s and beginning of 00s. It defenitely progresses, but not enough in terms of spent money.

I was at the match yesterday. Nearly full stadium, not the most entertaining football, 2 goals because of defensive mistakes, but overall some good individual perfomances from players who will be on the WC (f.e. Witsel, Lomberts, Crischito, some russian national team players). Hulk and Danny were well covered and didn't do much.

Boas is doing great: results are nearly ideal, he gives very intelligent match views, respects opposing teams, works with academy players and even visits there matches. Not a news, because we've seen most of this during his Spurs career.

Zenit St.Petersburg is a good place for Boas, both to regain a status of candidate for a top job and to learn new things. Boas will have money for summer transfers. There are several players who he knows well (Hulk, Danny, Netu) and who became the basement of the team. Much less pressure on Boas from mass-media in comparison with EPL. Much less pressure from club's owner. CL next season. A very solid salary. You can't blame and criticise him for approving this job. Those who talked about Hamburg or Celta Vigo as better next options for Boas are living in their own world of football or just mad.

Good post.

Thanks. Interesting reading. I hope that it works out for AVB at Zenit

Too bad Zenit could only draw 1-1 with Lokomotiv. Thought they would extend their winning streak under AVB. But atleast they only need to win their remaining 2 matches to win the Russian league.

Possibly. But it doesn't seem like he was offered one so he took the best job available to him at the time?

It will not prove that AVB would have done better if he had been given more time.

Good post.

Surely, AVB would have had much better away results for us. Remember, we had not lost to any shyte team away in the league under AVB.

Back