• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Surely, AVB would have had much better away results for us. Remember, we had not lost to any shyte team away in the league under AVB.

Not interested in a long winded "what if, AVB hypothetical". I cannot understand why you would claim to know something like this. I cannot understand why you would all of a sudden limit yourself to away results, then to away games against shyte teams when your original claim was about overall results.

My statement stands and you have done nothing to argue against it. There is no reason to think that AVB's results in Russia proves what he would have done if hypothetically whatever had happened at Spurs. Any more than Redknapp qualifying for the CL in 09/10 proved that he would have gotten us into CL again if not sacked by Levy etc.

Riots at Zenit's game today as they've pretty much thrown away the title, the game was abandoned late on with Dinamo winning 4-2.

Riots at Zenit's game today as they've pretty much thrown away the title, the game was abandoned late on with Dinamo winning 4-2.

Lol

Quite an unstable part of Russia really, even by comparison to the rest of the country. Their fans certainly have some very bizarre thoughts considering the players they have managed to sign.

Lol

Quite an unstable part of Russia really, even by comparison to the rest of the country. Their fans certainly have some very bizarre thoughts considering the players they have managed to sign.

Come on Andre, **** the Zenit fans now. It worked so well for you at Spurs!!!

It will prove that Levy is clueless. It will prove that AVB would have done better if he had been given more time, without selling our best players. And just imagine, the Russian league is rated higher than the Dutch league from which Levy is trying to sign our next manager from.

This is the Ramos mk II arguement saying x manager would have got better over time. Absolutely no way of knowing. All I know is we were getting worse under AVB this season, not better. He didn't get the players he wanted but guess what, every managed has to deal with that, christ even Real Madrid lost out on Neymar. You can't sulk for 6 months because you didn't get Moutinho and Hulk.

Lol

Some bald bloke ran on to the pitch and punched one of the players ... and this is the country that will be holding the next(next) World Cup :lol:

Andre certainly can't accuse the Zenit supporters of "anxiety from the stands" :eek:

@MailSport: Zenit fan PUNCHES opposition player, who is hospitalised, as AVB tries to stop crowd trouble http://dailym.ai/1jvvJUD

[tweet]465543121367859202[/tweet]

Some bald bloke ran on to the pitch and punched one of the players ... and this is the country that will be holding the next(next) World Cup :lol:

You couldn't script it! You would really have thought that St Petersburg would be quite cosmopolitan and diverse in thought if not in social make up considering it is so close to the border with Finland and I believe, in certain points in history, wasn't actually part of Russia. Yet those supporters have actually campaigned for a team made up of white players only.

Corruption and madness happens in all places to varying degrees but Russia really is in its own league with the shenanigans that go on there in everyday life.

You have to laugh at the slo-mo footage…all the action's kicking off to the LEFT, and AVB's trotting to his RIGHT, palm held up in some insane gesture of placation directed towards a few stragglers. He didn't exactly head for the shirtless bald nutter did he? He likes difficult situations doesn't he?!!!!!

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I feel for the guy but like I said earlier in the thread, I do not understand why he did not wait until the summer when a better job would have come up.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I feel for the guy but like I said earlier in the thread, I do not understand why he did not wait until the summer when a better job would have come up.

I believe he is a bit bonkers. I think he had it in-hand for a while with us, but then the wheels started to come off the waggon, and when that happened…sigh...

I now feel this thread title should be changed to "AVB- Takes over Zenit and fails to win the league resulting in bald man floyd Mayweathering opposition player".

I now feel this thread title should be changed to "AVB- Takes over Zenit and fails to win the league resulting in bald man floyd Mayweathering opposition player".

If AVB said that mate, I will HAPPILY change it! Indeed, see if he's dropped a classic in press quotes after this match and I'll be right there ;)

I believe he is a bit bonkers. I think he had it in-hand for a while with us, but then the wheels started to come off the waggon, and when that happened…sigh...

Tbf mate I think he just cannot handle pressure. Which is an unfortunate if you want to be a coach at the top level.

So will this fan anger see AVB lose his job? Or will his Couldn't-give-a-monkeys-as-I'm-now-rich retirement be postponed slightly further?

So will this fan anger see AVB lose his job? Or will his Couldn't-give-a-monkeys-as-I'm-now-rich retirement be postponed slightly further?

Slightly off-topic, but seeing as you brought it up. What other kind of retirement is there?

Zenit still has good chances to win the league, because of Lokomotiv's sensational defeat against unmotivated Rostov. They need to win away on the last matchday and CSKA not to win against Lokomotiv in derby. Lokomotiv will also be fully motivated because a win against CSKA will give them an opportunity to play in KO stages of CL.

This season has provided great intrigue in RPL, a very similar one to La-Liga. But the similarities end here. What Zenit's fans did yesterday is a total disgrace. Just another one in a long row of offences. I don't know what should happen in order to finally resolve an issue of their behaviour on and off the stadium. Disgrace to country. Disgrace to football. Citizens of cultural capital my ****. The most brainless bunch of macarons around Europe.

I bet Boas remembered Spurs fans and team while walking off the pitch yesterday. He would have given a lot to exchange things for some moments. It was a mad situation for an intelligent man to deal with.

Last edited:
It will be disappointing if AVB doesn't win the league with Zenit. After winning his first 6 matches, I think it affected Zenit's morale after drawing with Lokomotiv last week. I guess it will take some more time to take out the "Spurs" in AVB.

Back