• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Press Conference

Yup. I think it's fair game, personally, but there are many who disagree.

i think he was just calling for some ambition, not sure if that's the right word - but iirc he was more saying that if we aim high we need to follow through with it - not to lower our aims when we fall short of them

i think he was just calling for some ambition, not sure if that's the right word - but iirc he was more saying that if we aim high we need to follow through with it - not to lower our aims when we fall short of them

Exactly. However, saying that involves contradicting Harry, so in a way it was 'calling him out', per se.

AVB has been very complimentary about and respectful towards Harry. Far more so than most managers are towards their predecessor when they arrive at a new club. Classy touch, IMO.

Sure, he did say that it's important that if we state an ambition, we should stick to it. But I see that as more of a positive statement of intent for the club rather than as a dig at Harry. It's his way of starting to change the loser / bottler / choker mentality that has blighted our club for far too long.

I read it as him saying this club's goal should always be to win titles, rather than saying we're contenders for the league this season.

Lets be honest that was an unwarranted sly dig that he didn't really have to say. Ok what he was getting at might have been correct but leave it out and focus on other things because it was rather tedious when Arry kept doing it.

Lets be honest that was an unwarranted sly dig that he didn't really have to say. Ok what he was getting at might have been correct but leave it out and focus on other things because it was rather tedious when Arry kept doing it.

You infer that it was an unwarranted sly dig.

But it's equally possible to infer that he was genuinely setting out a mindset that he wishes the club to adopt. And given that, in every other respect, he has been incredibly complimentary about Harry, I would prefer to err on the side of the latter inference.

i don't think he said it to purely dig out Redknapp, it was a valid thing to say and something im glad the new manager is aware of

You infer that it was an unwarranted sly dig.

But it's equally possible to infer that he was genuinely setting out a mindset that he wishes the club to adopt. And given that, in every other respect, he has been incredibly complimentary about Harry, I would prefer to err on the side of the latter inference.

I'd agree with this. Furthermore, AVB comes across as someone who's learnt a bitter lesson with the media from his Chelsea days so hopefully his 'handling' would be far more delicate this time around.

Back