• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Press Conference

Very few I imagine. If anything it will be along the lines of "Did a great job, achieved a lot, would like to do as well... " kind of thing and then swiftly move onto the "new direction" and what plans he has.

Dont forget, there is no reason for animosity from AVB or the club RE Redknapp

Very few I imagine. If anything it will be along the lines of "Did a great job, achieved a lot, would like to do as well... " kind of thing and then swiftly move onto the "new direction" and what plans he has.

Dont forget, there is no reason for animosity from AVB or the club RE Redknapp

Maaaaate!!! Are you joking??

They are like a dog with a bone.........AVB might as well shagged Sandra as far as the meedja are concerned.

I'm going with 15 x Harry's name said.

AVB will say ....

I like him , he's a fantastic player at a top top club, one of the best clubs in the world . Whether we can pay his wages , that's up to the chairman but I'd want him in my team for sure . You can't not be interested when RVP becomes available.

:mickey:

I'm looking forward to it.

Really hope our media people have had their claws into him.

Big chance to set the agenda tomorrow and show some humility, (even if he doesn;t mean it!!) so we can get the pack of wolves onside.

Think the media will be out to get him from the start, knifes are sharpened, que the 'what went wrong with your time at Chelsea?' questions.

Maaaaate!!! Are you joking??

They are like a dog with a bone.........AVB might as well shagged Sandra as far as the meedja are concerned.

I'm going with 15 x Harry's name said.

From the media? They may well try it - but it doesnt mean it needs to be entertained.

AVB/The club (who will represent the club? Levy?) will I expect have some pre prepared schpeil around Harrys work and then wont entertain comment on it again - why would they?

I guess they will rather push the whole "new direction" with the young manager, new training complex, Caulker/Bale deals, Sigurdsson/Vertonghen signings - even the bloody UA gear is technological! They have loads of material they will try to push the focus towards.

I also think the delay in holding the press conference is quite deliberate. The media wolves feasted at first, then calmed, then many have even turned sympathetic/semi supportive. If AVB can impress them now he buys grace, if we held it when he joined it would have been a brickstorm.

Hopefully - tomorrow is a big deal.

If he displays signs of arrogance and chippyness they'll be all over him.

Not that I would blame him as I would lose it big style with the lines of questioning these cretins take!!

Mike Bridge ‏@MichaelBridge_
AVB's first #Tottenham press conference will be shown on Sky Sports News tomorrow from the club's new training centre. Around 1.30-2pm

Have to say that I'll almost be more interested in pics / footage of the new training ground than in the typically inane questioning by the press and the likely straight bat, give-nothing-away responses by AVB.

Have to say that I'll almost be more interested in pics / footage of the new training ground than in the typically inane questioning by the press and the likely straight bat, give-nothing-away responses by AVB.

True.

Although I would like some journo to ask him if he thinks Moutinho is a t'rrific player...

Big chance to set the agenda tomorrow and show some humility, (even if he doesn;t mean it!!) so we can get the pack of wolves onside.

There were stories that when Levy and AVB first spoke, one of the first things Levy asked him about was his sense of his own mistakes at Chelsea. I remember thinking at the time that this is exactly the first thing I'd have checked on too.

So I would be very surprised if: a) AVB isn't aware that humility is expected and necessary, and, b) never mind the PR, probably genuinely does realise he made mistakes at Chelsea and that a less confrontational approach at Spurs is the order of the day.

Cool......thought I saw on Twitter that it was today.

Sweep on number of Harry mentions? :)

When Redknapp was linked with England, our press guy would often tell the journalists off for asking those questions and quickly remind them it was a Spurs press conference. I expect the same tomorrow.

AVB's media handling when he was pretty poor when he was at Chelsea and he often came across as short tempered and irritated by journalists. I can understand why he felt like this and would probably be the same myself but it did not help him and you can only get away with this kind of thing from a position of strength, when the press smell blood it is a disastrous approach. Hopefully, he has learnt from this and the press give him an easier ride this time out.

Back