• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB out or not?

AVB out or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • Give him a few more game to turn it around

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only thing more embarrassing than today's result is the large chunk of our fan base that wants instant success and will ignore any related factors.

If this thread were on any other team's forum we'd be linking it here and laughing at how dumb that team's fans are.

=D>

Thank you.

I find it difficult to believe you are now saying this after some of your comments in NWND's thread!

All i have ever said re AVB is that he needs time and it's too early to judge him with the player turnover this summer - i don't see how what i have said there goes against that - give him to the end of the season then assess the situation.

There's obviously a tipping point though for when even that becomes unrealistic - several hammerings on the spin and a player revolt would be mine.

All i have ever said re AVB is that he needs time and it's too early to judge him with the player turnover this summer - i don't see how what i have said there goes against that - give him to the end of the season then assess the situation.

There's obviously a tipping point though for when even that becomes unrealistic - several hammerings on the spin and a player revolt would be mine.

This!

I genuinely believe that there is a group of people who want him to fail because they don't like the bloke. We shall see how the press treats him in the coming days and how many stories of 'unrest' start to leak…this is a massive, massive week for him.

This!

I genuinely believe that there is a group of people who want him to fail because they don't like the bloke. We shall see how the press treats him in the coming days and how many stories of 'unrest' start to leak…this is a massive, massive week for him.

I really don't see that. I have no problem with him personally I cant see why anyone would considering what a closed book he is. And everyone loved those gifs of him of him celebrating Bale goals and the like.

What's interesting now is what will he do for the game on Thursday. I can't see how he'd gain anything by flying out to Norway mid week. He should send Freund and the kids to play the game and stay behind with the first team.

I really don't see that. I have no problem with him personally I cant see why anyone would considering what a closed book he is. And everyone loved those gifs of him of him celebrating Bale goals and the like.

What's interesting now is what will he do for the game on Thursday. I can't see how he'd gain anything by flying out to Norway mid week. He should send Freund and the kids to play the game and stay behind with the first team.

I agree. I'd be very surprised if that is the case Steff'.

The bottom line is, we're all fans of Tottenham Hotspur FC and want to see the club succeed.

Voted no.

It bugs me a bit that pretty much 100% of people said at the start of the season "It'll take time", only for many now to bale out after 12 games. "It'll take time" either means something or it doesn't, so for me we need balls bigger than 12 games.

I'm as freaked out as anyone by today's fiasco, and even moreso by the horrible body language of the players, but since we are where we are we might as well go the course for this season.

This sums it up for me. AVB should be given the season and judged at the end of it.

If we want this club to be successful then there needs to be a vision from the top of where we are going. If AVB fitted in with those plans when he was appointed, he should be given time to see it through.

Changing manager mid-season is a mugs game and condemns you to continually going back to the drawing board.

This sums it up for me. AVB should be given the season and judged at the end of it.

If we want this club to be successful then there needs to be a vision from the top of where we are going. If AVB fitted in with those plans when he was appointed, he should be given time to see it through.

Changing manager mid-season is a mugs game and condemns you to continually going back to the drawing board.

Ultimately though wouldn't we be better off next season if next season's manager came in halfway through this season rather than during the summer. If AVB is gonna go then get it done early and get it over with.

If AVB stays and this 'exciting' brand of football continues then we'll go backwards anyway.

You really think Lloris, Sandro & Vertonghen won't be leaving next summer, after we finish 12th?

I know the club is bigger than 1 player etc but if we're going to be successful, we need the best players about and they are some of them.

Is there a chance that the team have stopped playing for AVB? That's the way it looks.

Ultimately though wouldn't we be better off next season if next season's manager came in halfway through this season rather than during the summer. If AVB is gonna go then get it done early and get it over with.

The best candidates are not normally available mid-season or if they are, they are expensive and you do not have the time to make a considered judgement.

Its is clear from the collapse after the first goal went in against West Ham and City that there is no spirit in the team. Replacing the manager is the only way to rectify this

I do want him to fail. That's a painful position to have as a Spurs fan. To want your side to go backward to enable it to go forward.
I didn't rate him at Chelsea, at the time I was of the opinion that thank **** he was their manager and not ours. His flaws were evident, his limitations were evident, his lack of experience blindingly obvious.

Then we gambled. We threw away 4 years of growth, in which we'd played some amazing football, not only qualified for the CL but reached the QF. Two 4th place finishes. All to go in a 'new direction' (whatever that means).
AVB's theosophy is at odds with the core of what makes Spurs Spurs.
AVB and 'to dare is to do' are not compatible.

AVB was totally out of his depth at Chelsea. He's totally out of his depth here. Perhaps not so obvious last season with his get out of jail free card he had in Bale. But it's blindingly obvious this season.

There is no long term vision without some short term success. Like it or not that is where football is. We at spurs are fully aware of the consequences of not achieving short term success there is NO chance of building for the future as your best players are hoovered up.

AVB had 2 weeks to prepare for yesterday's game.He had players away on international duty so did pellegrini. He played Sandro in the middle, Lennon on the right lamela on the left, Ade came on second half. He has tried different personnel different formations what's left? How is a system so complicated that a great squad like ours cannot implement it? When is that sort of system ever going to work?

Somebody please give me a footballing reason to keep him in charge rather than arguments about hypothetical long term plans or no one else available. These things do not make me confident he can turn our season around.

I do want him to fail. That's a painful position to have as a Spurs fan. To want your side to go backward to enable it to go forward.
I didn't rate him at Chelsea, at the time I was of the opinion that thank **** he was their manager and not ours. His flaws were evident, his limitations were evident, his lack of experience blindingly obvious.

Then we gambled. We threw away 4 years of growth, in which we'd played some amazing football, not only qualified for the CL but reached the QF. Two 4th place finishes. All to go in a 'new direction' (whatever that means).
AVB's theosophy is at odds with the core of what makes Spurs Spurs.
AVB and 'to dare is to do' are not compatible.

AVB was totally out of his depth at Chelsea. He's totally out of his depth here. Perhaps not so obvious last season with his get out of jail free card he had in Bale. But it's blindingly obvious this season.

Wow, our fanbase has hit a new low. I really, really hope you're just trolling - that would be far more palatable.

I have never really been one to bemoan the good old days and disapprove of the modern fan, but this really is awful.

Scara, you continuously question the intelligence of fans who question AVB's ability. I could question the intelligence of those who seem to think he's the messiah regardless of the fact that our football is currently (and has been for most of his time at WHL) dire.

You could if you wanted, but you'd be wrong to ;)

The same people that are now saying AVB should go were part of the thread where we all voted on how long he should be given to bed in his new team.

All but those who hated him before he came to us voted at least a season - those same people are now judging him on a smaller sample size than they themselves stated was the minimum upon which he should be judged.

So they may not be stupid, they may just not be thinking - either way the result is the same.

if we lose against United he has to go. Especially if we don´t score. These performances with the resource he got are not acceptable.

Soldado, Ade and Defoe as a strikeforce and we can´t even buy a goal! We have been extremely lucky with penalty decisions that have won us games. That´s it, creativity is NONE in this team. Why we bought Paulinho is beyond me. Should have gone for extremely talanted AMC.

if we lose against United he has to go. Especially if we don´t score. These performances with the resource he got are not acceptable.

Soldado, Ade and Defoe as a strikeforce and we can´t even buy a goal! We have been extremely lucky with penalty decisions that have won us games. That´s it, creativity is NONE in this team. Why we bought Paulinho is beyond me. Should have gone for extremely talanted AMC.

:ross:

If we lose to the reigning PL champions our manager has to be sacked? :ross: What if Real Madrid get knocked out of the CL and we lose to them in the EL?

FAO: Mulletperm

Please see the above post for a good example.

:ross:

If we lose to the reigning PL champions our manager has to be sacked? :ross: What if Real Madrid get knocked out of the CL and we lose to them in the EL?

How can you find that amusing ? United have been average at best this season.
It's not GHod given that we should beat them .But people have had enough
Reading your posts you have some problem with people being sick of the dross being served up under AVB .

It's far reaching beyond this forum the dislike for the way the sides playing.
Who cares about intellect etc that's rubbish football is a simple game and even the simplest of minds can work out we have been poor under AVB.

Back