• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB out or not?

AVB out or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 49.2%
  • Give him a few more game to turn it around

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted for the third option.

But another display like that against United where we concede heavily and don't score then it's bye bye I'm afraid.

If we are still struggling come January, we need to make signings. If we don't make signings, then we worry. But for now, we keep the faith.

I don't think throwing more money at the situation is the solution. Last thing we need is even more turnover. Only thing we need really is a left back, Luke Shaw would be good.

I think we should give him a few more games. We actually have three games coming up now that I quite fancy us in, despite our recent form. Man Utd have been no better than us this season, and the way they play suit us much better than City. They don't have such quick players up front, or the same deadly counter-attacking play and ability to play quick combinations in the final third. They rely more on crosses and set pieces at the moment. In fact, they are rather slow and void of ideas, quite like us. They will, however, attack, so we might get some room ourselves.

Then we have away games against Fulham and Sunderland, and those are the kind of games we have picked up good results in under AVB. Fulham are a shambles at the moment too, and Sunderland aren't very good either. If we pick up 7-9 points there, things can look very different. Of course, even if we do, that wouldn't necessarily mean that everything is good and well though.

However, if our results in those games are still unacceptable, and the performances still embarrassing, showing no improvement, then I think we need to seriously consider looking elsewhere. I see the point people make about there not being a lot of managers available at the moment, though. We need to have someone lined up we believe could be the right man.

I really wanted him to do well. But what was the excuse for today? Not like we had any of our major players out this was one of our strongest sides. Where is the evidence he can turn it around? Just because the fans can't name someone - one would hope that the board and Baldini would have a plan B in mind.

I really wanted him to do well. But what was the excuse for today? Not like we had any of our major players out this was one of our strongest sides. Where is the evidence he can turn it around? Just because the fans can't name someone - one would hope that the board and Baldini would have a plan B in mind.

The funny thing is, Emirates Marketing Project actually were missing Silva and Kompany.

When we were ****e in the 90s results like today were hard but understandable. But now the squad has the talent it has, how do we accept 6-0 ? So we beat Fulham and Sunderland, with recent performances that's not a given, so what? Where are we expecting to finish this season? Sadly, because I liked the guy, he has to go.

3 more games. If there's no improvement and we still look average 16 games into the league season, then bin him. We are last season's performances minus the Bale magic, and that's not good enough considering £100m has been invested in the squad, with £65-70m odd going on attacking players (Soldado, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen). The lack of goals and clear chances created is not acceptable and it is 100% down to the style of play we employ which is 100% down to AVB.

Nobody in the league this season is really that great, this is a huge missed opportunity for us as a club. I am starting to think that Bale completely masked the fact that we have hired a dud coach. Ripped it up with Porto with players vastly superior to all their rivals, but we are looking more like his neutered Chelsea team.

3 more games. If there's no improvement and we still look average 16 games into the league season, then bin him. We are last season's performances minus the Bale magic, and that's not good enough considering £100m has been invested in the squad, with £65-70m odd going on attacking players (Soldado, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen). The lack of goals and clear chances created is not acceptable and it is 100% down to the style of play we employ which is 100% down to AVB.

Nobody in the league this season is really that great, this is a huge missed opportunity for us as a club. I am starting to think that Bale completely masked the fact that we have hired a dud coach. Ripped it up with Porto with players vastly superior to all their rivals, but we are looking more like his neutered Chelsea team.

But why mate? 2 of those games are against Sunderland and Fulham who we are expected to beat. What happens after that?

When we were ****e in the 90s results like today were hard but understandable. But now the squad has the talent it has, how do we accept 6-0 ? So we beat Fulham and Sunderland, with recent performances that's not a given, so what? Where are we expecting to finish this season? Sadly, because I liked the guy, he has to go.

Were you agreeing with NWND in his 'I want AVB gone thread?'

i still believe we should judge him at the end of the season, unless the next run of games are equally appalling and/or it looks as though the dressing room is not behind him.

I find it difficult to believe you are now saying this after some of your comments in NWND's thread!

Were you agreeing with NWND in his 'I want AVB gone thread?'

I wanted AVB to stay but on the proviso that he looked like he could turn the side around to finish in the top 4. It was a faint hope granted. But I think today shows after a 2 week break, and bringing in Lamela then Ade which we had been asking for as well as Lennon on his favoured wing - what more can he do? I would have accepted a close loss today but a total annihilation makes me wonder what cards he has left to play. He didn't change his system at Chelsea he won't now. On that basis he has to go now while we can still salvage a top 4 finish.

I wanted AVB to stay but on the proviso that he looked like he could turn the side around to finish in the top 4. It was a faint hope granted. But I think today shows after a 2 week break, and bringing in Lamela then Ade which we had been asking for as well as Lennon on his favoured wing - what more can he do? I would have accepted a close loss today but a total annihilation makes me wonder what cards he has left to play. He didn't change his system at Chelsea he won't now. On that basis he has to go now while we can still salvage a top 4 finish.

Not sure I totally agree, but those are fair points well made

But why mate? 2 of those games are against Sunderland and Fulham who we are expected to beat. What happens after that?

Well, I figure that AVB must look to change things after today, and the change should be immediate. If we see some kind of progress in the next 3 games, then he can be given yet more time to see how things go. If we are served up the same sort of stale, jaded and quite fragile stuff that we have been seeing for a lot of this season, then I think we'll know that he hasn't got it in him to get the best from this group of players.

I'm worried that some of the players (if not all of them) are losing confidence in him. If that's the case and he continues to push with the current tactics then we're in trouble.

My concern is that if we do give him until the end of the season and we miss out on Champs League, then the likelihood of losing our top players is massive.

I'm worried that some of the players (if not all of them) are losing confidence in him. If that's the case and he continues to push with the current tactics then we're in trouble.

My concern is that if we do give him until the end of the season and we miss out on Champs League, then the likelihood of losing our top players is massive.

So this is CL that we've got 2 seasons out of the last 131? Whatever will we do without it?

I really don't get this sense of entitlement. Two bad results and all these Chelsea-esque attitudes come out of the woodwork.

I want him out. Hopefully get the players feeling free, under Freund, to play like they can against Manchester United to get the three points.

Considering the attacking skill of the players signed, we look awful going forward. We only looked good defensively as teams were too scared to attack us. Now they know we're as sharp as a piece of moss, they'll attack us and we'll start conceding and losing a lot more often.

So this is CL that we've got 2 seasons out of the last 131? Whatever will we do without it?

I really don't get this sense of entitlement. Two bad results and all these Chelsea-esque attitudes come out of the woodwork.

Don't think any of us feel entitled to CL football but feel that with the talent in this squad we should at least be challenging for it. Not only that but we know from years and years of experience that our top players will leave if they want to challenge for major honours, and right now there are 2-3 of them who will be speaking to their agents about the possibility. If you as a supporter want to ever see the club push on and challenge for the top prizes then you know that keeping our best players is a neccessity and as such CL is too.

UNLESS we get a sugar daddy to buy in the best talent from around the world all on £250k a week. Then ECL doesnt mean too much.

Back