• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

Good luck to him. He was cool

BAE.jpg
 
Good luck Benny, thanks for the memories...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:D:D:D

Proves he is still not that interested in making money, old " rent a quote" would pay him a fortune and the board at Birmingham should keep him away from the purse.
 
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
None of that makes him a weird guy, except the 'no interest in football ' bit. But I reckon that's slightly tongue in cheek, I don't think you can make it to the level he did with zero interest. What he probably didn't care for is all the gonads that surrounded the game...he cleverly narrowed it down to just train, respect what you do, and kick the ball about on a Saturday.

Loved Benny
 
None of that makes him a weird guy, except the 'no interest in football ' bit. But I reckon that's slightly tongue in cheek, I don't think you can make it to the level he did with zero interest. What he probably didn't care for is all the gonads that surrounded the game...he cleverly narrowed it down to just train, respect what you do, and kick the ball about on a Saturday.

Loved Benny

Knew a couple of non league players who played the old conference who hated watching football but loved playing it.
 
Knew a couple of non league players who played the old conference who hated watching football but loved playing it.

I found lots of games like that, I loved playing tennis, badmington and basketball but would never watch any of them. I did try playing golf when I stopped playing football but I didn't like most of the types of people I found playing it, my mate Alastair tells me its different north of the border.
 
I found lots of games like that, I loved playing tennis, badmington and basketball but would never watch any of them. I did try playing golf when I stopped playing football but I didn't like most of the types of people I found playing it, my mate Alastair tells me its different north of the border.

Tennis was the game I loved playing but could never get into watching it. I even went to Wimbledon and watched it live but didn't enjoy it.

I'm not a big watcher of sport on TV though. My love of live TV football is gradually being drained by what is happening. I have a local step 5 team that I'd rather watch.

I think my top 3 sporting events to watch live would be:

1) Ryder Cup
2) England vs All Blacks at Twickers OR Scotland vs England at Murrayfield
3) The Ashes at either Lords or Headingley on the Saturday

It's a shame you didn't find like minded people at the golf club. I eventually did and spent over 20 years as a member. I've only just given it up due to my music commitments. Our group used to say that if we don't get told off at the golf course every single week then we're clearly doing something wrong :tearsofjoy:
 
Knew a couple of non league players who played the old conference who hated watching football but loved playing it.
That's me. Absolutely loved to play football, could never get enough when I was younger, but never had much interest in watching football apart from Spurs.

Had I been talented, I would quite feasibly ended up being an Ekotto type.
 
Back