• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Couldn't find a thread on him.

I really don't like/get what we're doing. He's so much better than what we have at the moment. And he wants to come back too, makes it even worse.

Not sure why people rate BAE so highly. He is too error-prone in defending. Also, he is 30 now. Spend 7 years at Spurs but failed to establish himself as a first choice. Surely, it will be a step backwards for us if we go back for him.

Like i said in the other thread, there is a reason why he went to the championship and not another prem team.

Not sure why people rate BAE so highly. He is too error-prone in defending. Also, he is 30 now. Spend 7 years at Spurs but failed to establish himself as a first choice. Surely, it will be a step backwards for us if we go back for him.

Failed to establish himself as first choice??? Really?? The man never got a rest!

is this the same first choice player that played under Harry that was an important cog in working on the over lap with modric when he was also on the left and the same BAE that created a great partnership with Bale, resulting in one of the most formiddable LW's in the country?

The same BAE that helped get us into the CL and progress to the QF's???

yeah... he isnt good enough :lol:

bring him back NOW!!! between him and Rose we have some very good competition and Naughton is further away from a start!

He is on loan right ? We need him as back up, we can call him if we need to right ? Aside from that, Rose is picking up valuable experience and developing as a player and a regular.

Under AvB using Super Jan at LB wasn't what I favoured whilst Rose was out, I think Super Jan was getting frustrated.

BALE would be L without BAE

Nice!

Benny helped Bale lots, but I think it's best that he stays at QPR now. There are negatives that come from having the more senior player who still thinks they should be playing in the first team a back up to the young guy we are trying to develop.

Plus, I think it says a lot that even Sherwood, who has done everything he can to show everyone that he is the opposite of AVB, still doesn't want Benny back.

I've got a mate who's a QPR fan, his take is that Benni has had a couple of games where he's been magnificent, mostly though he's been lazy and disinterested.

I've got a mate who's a QPR fan, his take is that Benni has had a couple of games where he's been magnificent, mostly though he's been lazy and disinterested.

Shame to hear that. Sounds like he is not that motivated any more, not that he ever was one of those uber focussed types. In saying that I would still have him back and see if Sherwood could light a fire under him. At the very worst he is a LB and we don't have any of those except Rose. If the 'committee' has someone else lined up then good, but if not then it would be compounding an error made by AVB to get rid in the first place.

is this the same first choice player that played under Harry that was an important cog in working on the over lap with modric when he was also on the left and the same BAE that created a great partnership with Bale, resulting in one of the most formiddable LW's in the country?

The same BAE that helped get us into the CL and progress to the QF's???

yeah... he isnt good enough :lol:

bring him back NOW!!! between him and Rose we have some very good competition and Naughton is further away from a start!

Is this the 2011/12 season? No

He was excellant under Harry, if he could take free kicks or penalties as well as Baines then he'd have been rated as the best LB in the league during that time.

It was a couple of years ago now tough, he was probably our worst performing first team regular last season, there's concerns over his fitness and the reports I've heard from the loan at qpr is that he's been a bit lazy / uninterested. So maybe, if he wants to play first team football, it's best for him to stay there. If he was happy being backup to Rose then I'd take him back in a heartbeat though.

I would say from the begining of 09 until AVB he was quality! a few mistakes but no more or worse that the rest of our squad during this time...

If he is up for it he is better than Rose and would not have made that mistake at the emirates

Do you really think Rose is a capable left back? Capable of being part of a top 4 defensive line?

That's not really the point, but I think he's a better choice than Ekotto right now. As I've said before: If we're going to add another LB to squad he should be an upgrade on Rose.

LMAO. Failed to establish himself as first choice LB? Who else played there? Do remind me....

Do you really think Rose is a capable left back? Capable of being part of a top 4 defensive line?

You're not a fan of Rose are you?

It funny because i tend to agree with you a lot, but i'm a fan of Danny Rose. He's had two or three bad games but generally speaking, especially at the beginning of the season, he was excellent. He also ha d a brilliant season last year...yeh i think there's more to come from him.

That being said he needs competition, whether it's BAE or a new LB.

I'll admit I need to be won over by Rose. I need to see more of him to be honest.

He started ok, and then got injured. He was talked up a lot by a lot of people so had reasonable expectations.

One thing that absolutely annoys the hell out of me about Rose is his crossing. He hits the byline and smashes it straight at the keeper, time and time again. But then thats a bigger issue with both Rose and Walker who have terrible deliveries into the box

Back