• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

Been a bit of a prat the way he's left hasnt he? Freedom? He was being paid £40k per week for doing nothing and lets say there were 20 weeks left on his contract, 20 * 40k = £800k so we've probably paid him the majority of that given that it saves us a bit and he couldnt play for us and no-one was going to buy him

Always thought he was a good player and with a bit more dedication could have been a lot better. Wonder whether he'll retire now?

He was frozen out. He didn't go on strike. The real reasons for his exclusion could mean he is absolutely a taco, but we don't know. It's all hearsay.

The freedom thing isn't always about money. He is free to play his football somewhere else should he choose to. Again I'm guessing here, but I don't think he would have said no had he been asked to come back into the first team squad.

BAE32 Foundation was set up by Benoit Assou-Ekotto to accompany his efforts to address the challenges around STEM education amongst young people. The Foundation and its programs are committed to the connection of young people across the globe through education programs that focus on Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).

10953147_10152532433695755_6741589704945887818_n.jpg

Thanks for the service, Benny. And the straight-talking. And the good times. I'll remember you as you were.

I second that emotion. He stepped up at some big moments, wasn't short of confidence and certainly integrated with the local community. And despite his 'football is only my job' stance he really seemed to care.

He's a bit naive. He should have been playing out his career at a high level, earning a new contract at a top team. But through lack of application he's dwindled into retirement. Sad really. When at his best he had spark and was tidy. Not in our league anymore.

Ledley looks happy to see him go.
HAHA - that's ludicrous. I have a picture somewhere of my son when he was 3 - in that snapshot he looked like a homicidal maniac, almost like one of the kids in Children of the Corn. Turns out he isn't.

He must have saved a fair bit from his earnings. He doesn't strike me as particularly flash (other than his footwear budget) -didn't he live in a relatively cheap (compared with other footballers) flat and drive an inexpensive car. If he has got any sense, he is probably set up for life. He has got his own charitable foundation - maybe he will concentrate on that. It might be preferable to playing football at a lower level, especially if the football was a means to an end, rather than an end in itself (which I don't have problem with, after all it wouldn't be the first time someone had done a well paid job for the money rather than love of the job).

He must have saved a fair bit from his earnings. He doesn't strike me as particularly flash (other than his footwear budget) -didn't he live in a relatively cheap (compared with other footballers) flat and drive an inexpensive car. If he has got any sense, he is probably set up for life. He has got his own charitable foundation - maybe he will concentrate on that. It might be preferable to playing football at a lower level, especially if the football was a means to an end, rather than an end in itself (which I don't have problem with, after all it wouldn't be the first time someone had done a well paid job for the money rather than love of the job).

I am sure that he will have offers. He is good enough to play in France or most other European leagues. He could also be a good option for an MLS club.

Back