• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

http://web.archive.org/web/20140106...s/default/uploads/Lettre-Jean-YvesLeDrian.pdf
http://www.france24.com/en/20131230-france-quenelle-anti-semitism-anelka-dieudonne/
http://archive.today/GBz2V
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-gesture-in-premier-league-match-9158322.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...riend-Dieudonne-causes-outrage-in-France.html

He knows well enough what that has come to mean and so does Anelka.

I'm told (I've never researched it properly) that the swastika is some kind of ancient religious symbol of peace. Now whether I believe that or not, it would be entirely wrong to carry a giant swastika flag around, especially if I then said I did it in support of Jim Dowson or Paul Golding. Anyone supporting me in doing that would also be a cvnt.

It's a sign of peace, prosperity and good luck - it adorns a lot of buildings in one of the Far East countries but if I guess and say one it'll be the other, let's say Japan...

Pre the Anelka incident i didnt know what the Quenelle was, if somebody had told me it was an anti establishment symbol i wouldnt have doubted them, therefore would give Benny the benefit of the doubt.

He still attends quite a lot of games for somebody who doesnt care.

Not sure what he has done wrong, was one of our best left backs.
Got Injured, Lost his place, Lost his form, got sent on loan and wasnt kept, and then has sat out end of his contract.

I think he actually thought with all the managerial changes he would get another chance, and last year i thought we should have been using him.

I'd agree with you that you didn't know, I'd add that I didn't either. The French comedian did though as he was subject to at least one court case for his anti Semitic stance and was publicly decried by the Jewish community. If he and ekotto is his mate, then he knew.

Edit: BUT that's crediting him with intelligence. If he didn't know then he has done the right thing (unlike le sulka) and publicly apologised for the misinterpretation.

Last edited:
The Quenelle is an antagonistic gesture designed to offend Jews. Simple. No excuse for it.

Well, I can't say you're wrong as I didn't sit on the design committee. We play on Saturdays, surely designed to offend Jews.

In the end it's off-pitch gossip and press rot. He should not have been spoken to, let alone banned.

"Je suis Benoit"

Well, I can't say you're wrong as I didn't sit on the design committee. We play on Saturdays, surely designed to offend Jews.

In the end it's off-pitch gossip and press rot. He should not have been spoken to, let alone banned.

"Je suis Benoit"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quenelle_(gesture)

According to this article it's creator Dieudonné think of the gesture as anti-establishment and anti-Zionism, but it's being interpred as a reverse nazi salut. I dunno, I find this very strange to be honest. To exile someone over this is maybe a bit over top? Ekotto's crime was to congratulate Anelka with the quenelle?

"Je suis Benoit"

Not bloody often ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quenelle_(gesture)

According to this article it's creator Dieudonné think of the gesture as anti-establishment and anti-Zionism, but it's being interpred as a reverse nazi salut. I dunno, I find this very strange to be honest. To exile someone over this is maybe a bit over top? Ekotto's crime was to congratulate Anelka with the quenelle?

Yep, the anti-semite who came up with the current form of the gesture, when accused of anti-semitism and threatened with jail time, claimed it means something else entirely.

It's then used by people all over France and other countries as an anti-semitic gesture and the anti-semite who originated it continues to use it.

Je ne suis pas Dieudonne - il et un quim de miaulement.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieudonné_M'bala_M'bala

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala (born 11 February 1966), generally known by his stage name Dieudonné (French: [djø.dɔ.ne]), is a French comedian, actor, and political activist. His father is from Cameroon; his mother is from France.

Dieudonné initially achieved success with a Jewish comedian, Élie Semoun, humorously exploiting racial stereotypes. He campaigned against racism and was a candidate in the 1997 and 2001 legislative elections in Dreux against the National Front, the French far-right political party that he perceived as racist. On 1 December 2003, Dieudonné performed a sketch on a TV show about an Israeli settler whom he depicted as a Nazi. Some critics argued that he had "crossed the limits of antisemitism" and several organizations sued him for incitement to racial hatred. Dieudonné refused to apologize and denounced Zionism and the Jewish lobby.

Dieudonné approached Jean-Marie Le Pen, leader of the National Front political party that he had fought earlier, and the men became political allies and friends. Holocaust denier Robert Faurisson appeared in one of his shows in 2008. Dieudonné described Holocaust remembrance as "memorial ****ography". Dieudonné was convicted in court eight times on antisemitism charges. Dieudonné subsequently found himself with increasing frequency banned from mainstream media, and many of his shows were cancelled by local authorities. Active on the internet and in his Paris theater, Dieudonné has continued to have a following. His quenelle signature gesture became notorious in 2013, particularly after footballer Nicolas Anelka used the gesture during a match in December 2013. His recent appearances and videos are often rants in which the “Jewish lobby” and “Israel lobby” are characterised as controlling things.

After Dieudonné was recorded during a performance mocking a Jewish journalist, suggesting it was a pity that he was not sent to the gas chambers, French Interior Minister Manuel Valls stated that Dieudonné was "no longer a comedian" but was rather an "anti-Semite and racist" and that he would seek to ban all Dieudonné's public gatherings as a public safety risk. The ban on his shows has been upheld by French courts.

It's a sign of peace, prosperity and good luck - it adorns a lot of buildings in one of the Far East countries but if I guess and say one it'll be the other, let's say Japan...

You'll find swastikas everywhere around India.

Are they identical or in reverse? Sorry going OT here but it's interesting to me! I know I could google it but hey...

No worries! I believe they are reversed but don't quote me on that. They're generally redbrick in colour as well. As a kid learning about Hitler and the Second World War, then going over to India, it was a very strange sight.

Talking about Benoit's ban, i'm pretty sure that he has technically served it now by default. Although premier league don't count against the ban as he isn't registered. I believe you don't have to be in the premier league squad to be legible in the league cup and fa cup so these games have counted towards his suspension.

What he believes it means is different to what you and unfortunately many others believe it means. I really can't stress enough the first sentence of my post that you have quoted here.

And also your point about it being a Jewish club is bull****, unrelated to what you're saying about Benny but bulll**** nonetheless. He's at a football club that has a lot of Jewish followers.

Pre the Anelka incident i didnt know what the Quenelle was, if somebody had told me it was an anti establishment symbol i wouldnt have doubted them, therefore would give Benny the benefit of the doubt.

He still attends quite a lot of games for somebody who doesnt care.

Not sure what he has done wrong, was one of our best left backs.
Got Injured, Lost his place, Lost his form, got sent on loan and wasnt kept, and then has sat out end of his contract.

I think he actually thought with all the managerial changes he would get another chance, and last year i thought we should have been using him.

If Ekotto believed it wasnt an anti Jewish gesture and that his friend M'bala wasnt an anti semite then why did he tweet to M'Bala
'oh dieudo tu vien quand voir un match a tottenham? Tu va adore ... LOL.’
‘When are you coming to watch a match at Tottenham? You’ll love it ... LOL.’

Ekotto was fully aware.

Are they identical or in reverse? Sorry going OT here but it's interesting to me! I know I could google it but hey...

I remember watching a documentary on TV last year about the swastika' ancient origins but needless to say it has been around for millennia...

BBC News - How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it
In the Western world the swastika is synonymous with fascism, but it goes back thousands of years and has been used as a symbol of good fortune in almost every culture in the world. As more evidence emerges of its long pre-Nazi history in Europe, can this ancient sign ever shake off its evil associations?

..."Coca-Cola used it. Carlsberg used it on their beer bottles. The Boy Scouts adopted it and the Girls' Club of America called their magazine Swastika. They would even send out swastika badges to their young readers as a prize for selling copies of the magazine," he says. It was used by American military units during World War One and it could be seen on RAF planes as late as 1939. Most of these benign uses came to a halt in the 1930s as the Nazis rose to power in Germany.

...In Western Europe the use of indigenous ancient swastikas petered out long before the modern era but examples can be found in many places such as the famous Bronze Age Swastika Stone on Ilkley Moor in Yorkshire. Some people think this long history can help revive the symbol in Europe as something positive.

...But for those like Freddie Knoller who have experienced the horrors of fascism, the prospect of learning to love the swastika is not so easy. "For the people who went through the Holocaust, we will always remember what the swastika was like in our life - a symbol of pure evil," he says. "We didn't know how the symbol dates back so many thousands of years ago. But I think it's interesting for people to learn that the swastika was not always the symbol of fascism."

Swastika symbols seen in unusual places around the world, in pictures - Telegraph
Its use in India dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization city of Harappa, and came to represent Vishnu in Hinduism. In the picture Hindu religious men from the Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan Maninagar, give final touches to a traditional Rangoli - folk art shaped like a swastika - ahead of Diwali in Ahmedabad.

Meaning 'all' or 'eternity' in the Chinese writing system, the swastika marks the beginning of many Buddhist scriptures. In East Asian countries, the left-facing character is often used as symbol for Buddhism, as seen above in the Sensoji Asakusa Kannon Temple in Tokyo, Japan

India House in Aldwych, London. Built in 1930.

EDIT: found the show for those of you that are interested

BBC The Story of the Swastika - YouTube
In the week when Hindus celebrate the holy festival of Diwali, this film tells the story of their sacred symbol: The swastika.

Last edited:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140106...s/default/uploads/Lettre-Jean-YvesLeDrian.pdf
http://www.france24.com/en/20131230-france-quenelle-anti-semitism-anelka-dieudonne/
http://archive.today/GBz2V
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-gesture-in-premier-league-match-9158322.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...riend-Dieudonne-causes-outrage-in-France.html

He knows well enough what that has come to mean and so does Anelka.

I'm told (I've never researched it properly) that the swastika is some kind of ancient religious symbol of peace. Now whether I believe that or not, it would be entirely wrong to carry a giant swastika flag around, especially if I then said I did it in support of Jim Dowson or Paul Golding. Anyone supporting me in doing that would also be a cvnt.

I see your point and think it is a shame that the quenelle has this negative aspect to it, when speaking about with French people it was meant to represent something else.

My argument isn't that it was right to do what Benny did, more that anyone who thinks that BAE was intending to use the gesture as a symbol of his hatred towards the Jewish population calling for his head is misguided.

If Ekotto believed it wasnt an anti Jewish gesture and that his friend M'bala wasnt an anti semite then why did he tweet to M'Bala
'oh dieudo tu vien quand voir un match a tottenham? Tu va adore ... LOL.’
‘When are you coming to watch a match at Tottenham? You’ll love it ... LOL.’

Ekotto was fully aware.

I don't really know much about the "comedian" friend so really the article above was interesting, but in terms of this tweet, when was it? I think if it was after having all gigs banned on account of him being anti semitic I understand where you're coming from but it still doesn't prove anything.

BAE will put lol after pretty much anything, that's a given. If they are good friends then Benny would think he'd enjoy it and would want him to see a game.

White Hart Lane isn't wall to wall hasidic jews, with Rabbis playing the dreidal game for the half time entertainment. It's a football club with supporters from many different backgrounds/religions. If it wasn't for the large Jewish following then I wouldn't be a fan of Spurs, but it most certainly isn't a Jewish club as you said. Linking religion and football in a false way to be offended isn't a productive practice.

The thing I find very interesting is how the comedian in question went from campaigning against the NF, rising to fame in a partnership with a Jewish comic (might be not 100% on that, just what the article suggested) to becoming such a prominent anti semitic figure.

The thing I find very interesting is how the comedian in question went from campaigning against the NF, rising to fame in a partnership with a Jewish comic (might be not 100% on that, just what the article suggested) to becoming such a prominent anti semitic figure.

Maybe he got the ache with the dullards who get upset when the humour doesn't suit them any more. In the end they give more publicity to the perceived hatred and, by stoking the embers, generate more heat ..... maybe less light. He's working as a comedian, so will lurch from topic to topic to get publicity.

I think I'd better stop before I offend myself. That said, I feel like banning myself from something for some reason or another.

"Je suis Benoit"

No worries! I believe they are reversed but don't quote me on that. They're generally redbrick in colour as well. As a kid learning about Hitler and the Second World War, then going over to India, it was a very strange sight.

Yeah was similar for me when I was watching some ancient architecture program and all of a sudden these swastikas starting popping up all over the place! I can only imagine seeing them for the first time first hand rather than on telly.

He was arrested last week for coming out in support of the terrorist who attacked the jewish supermarket.

Now there's a shock...

I remember watching a documentary on TV last year about the swastika' ancient origins but needless to say it has been around for millennia...

BBC News - How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

Swastika symbols seen in unusual places around the world, in pictures - Telegraph

EDIT: found the show for those of you that are interested

BBC The Story of the Swastika - YouTube

Excellent, I'll give that a watch - if it's a few years old that may actually be what I saw initially but was a good decade ago IIRC.

Amazing that something so deeply rooted historically can be taken and used by one evil man and history forever associates it with that... I mean it's not even in the league where people can say let's take it back and give it back it's original meaning.

Back