• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

Maybe he just didn't play well under AVB(whilst also returning from injury), he certainly wouldn't be alone in that category.

We don't really know that Ekotto is a top 6 player any more. He wasn't last season and by all accounts hasn't gotten any better this season. He was out injured for a longer period and I would question if he has done enough to get back to where he was or if he even has the desire to.

I just don't see why we replaced him with Rose in the first place. If he had the talent or promise of somone like Luke Shaw then I would have been all for it, but he rarely impressed for SPURS before we loaned him out. With all due respect, doing well in a struggling Sunderland side and make the transition to a team that aspires to be in the top 4 and stay there is a pretty massive jump.

its not just a Rose vs BAE issue.
its BAE vs Verts as makeshift leftback and a drop of quality in central defence.
baldini needs to sort this out fast.

Imagine the slating BAE would have got if he had actually ever made a monumental fkup like Rose did at the @rse.

But it's OK, Broadway Danny can get away with it because he was Sunderland's POTY last year.

Seeing it all from block 29.

Imagine the slating BAE would have got if he had actually ever made a monumental fkup like Rose did at the @rse.

But it's OK, Broadway Danny can get away with it because he was Sunderland's POTY last year.

I can't stand him, so trust me, you don't speak for all of us. He lost possession too against Man U trying a dummy too many to beat his man. His attacking skills are weak and he's not much of a defender, can't see what he has going for him, other than the memories of that 'wonder' goal v Arsenal all those years back.

Not with me. I'm with you.

IIRC, those who have played there are Lee, Gilberto, Bale, Rose, Naughton and Vertonghen.

Strangely selective memory there fella, did you happen to miss a lot of games?

Not sure why I'm entertaining this but for the record (thanks to Wiki)

Lee - 2005–2008 Tottenham Hotspur 70 (0) - The main left back and BAE was 20/21 when he was the main stay.
Gilberto - 2008–2009 Tottenham Hotspur 7 (1) - 7 games...
Bale - 2007–2013 Tottenham Hotspur 146 (42) - How many did he play at LB?
Rose - 2007 Tottenham Hotspur 20 (1) - Did he ever cover for BAE?
Verts - 2012 Tottenham Hotspur 46 (4) - Played mostly as CB and only LB when we had no other options.
Naught - 2009 Tottenham Hotspur 18 (0) - Yeah, he was always first choice as LB
BAE - 2006 Tottenham Hotspur 155 (4) - ...

So barring Bale; the rest got 162 games in total against BAE's 155... The only one even close to being first choice there is Bale.

Certainly doesnt get away with it in my eyes either. One of the two priorities in this window for me is an LB upgrade, Rose would be an adeqaute back-up, but not 1st choice for me.
(Obv the 2nd has to be a striker willing to be a back-up unless we are truly planning to utilise Lamela in that role)

Certainly doesnt get away with it in my eyes either. One of the two priorities in this window for me is an LB upgrade, Rose would be an adeqaute back-up, but not 1st choice for me.
(Obv the 2nd has to be a striker willing to be a back-up unless we are truly planning to utilise Lamela in that role)
And maybe even Chadli too, by the sounds of it.

So he's replaced lol with that laughing smiley? I don't understand him. Is he gutted that he's not in the squad? Or having a joke about it?

Usually when people laugh at almost anything this indicates that they are shy...we know that Assou-Ekotto is far from shy so yeah, what gives?!

Difficult to know how he'd perform for us now. Been that long since he regularly played for us, that I don't know if he could hit those same heights that he used to, or if we are better off without him..,

Back