• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

I think he's a natural goalscorer. He seems to hit the target more often than not. At the moment we need players like him in the team.

I would play him up front with Son, Kane and Kulu behind him all inter- changing.

Imagine if we started with a back 4 and 2 holding in the next game. Couldn't be worse than what we have had to endure for the past few years.

What have we got to lose now?

I think he's a natural goalscorer. He seems to hit the target more often than not. At the moment we need players like him in the team.

I would play him up front with Son, Kane and Kulu behind him all inter- changing.

Imagine if we started with a back 4 and 2 holding in the next game. Couldn't be worse than what we have had to endure for the past few years.

What have we got to lose now?
We need full backs to do that
Porro can’t play any form of defensive play and Perisic is toss
The formation would work if we had Davies and Royal back

We can still have attacking full backs in back 4, they just need to know when to go forward and when to hold, and both can't go at the same time.
Might be good for Porro to play out the remainder of this season focusing on his defensive play in the Premier league.

We can still have attacking full backs in back 4, they just need to know when to go forward and when to hold, and both can't go at the same time.
Might be good for Porro to play out the remainder of this season focusing on his defensive play in the Premier league.
Might be good for Porro to not try and dribble past two players on the edge of his box.

We need full backs to do that
Porro can’t play any form of defensive play and Perisic is toss
The formation would work if we had Davies and Royal back

IMO the key is the Dier role from 2015-17. If we can get Skipp to become a defensive midfielder / 3rd CB when the fullbacks push on it can definitely work.

[
Honestly Conte can fudge off

- Between telling Son not to shoot and stay central
- Barely giving a nod to Sarr, Danjuma, Spence, etc because they were "club signings"
- Spunking our entire budget on a RWB when we had three players there, getting rid of the one player who could play both sides instead of talking whatever CB £45M could have gotten you.
- General toxic brick
and yet the chairman authorised spending £45m on that wing back and then sacked the manager only a few PL games later…. What are the odds that he now appoints a manager that doesn’t use wingbacks?

[

and yet the chairman authorised spending £45m on that wing back and then sacked the manager only a few PL games later…. What are the odds that he now appoints a manager that doesn’t use wingbacks?
I'd say that our squad certainly hasn't proven itself to be amazing at this "3 CBs + 2 offensive WBs" thing, so that shouldn't be a consideration at all. If we get a manager who likes WBs, we've got a few potentials (Porro, Udogie, Spence) in stock. If we get one who likes his FBs to defend, we're covered for now (Royal, Davies) and need to buy another this summer - thankfully, adequate defensive FBs are usually fairly cheap and easy to find.

It'd be different if we already had a solid defensive unit, but we really don't.

EDIT: And if we need defensive FBs, both Porro and Udogie should get good transfer fees if necessary.

I'd say that our squad certainly hasn't proven itself to be amazing at this "3 CBs + 2 offensive WBs" thing, so that shouldn't be a consideration at all. If we get a manager who likes WBs, we've got a few potentials (Porro, Udogie, Spence) in stock. If we get one who likes his FBs to defend, we're covered for now (Royal, Davies) and need to buy another this summer - thankfully, adequate defensive FBs are usually fairly cheap and easy to find.

It'd be different if we already had a solid defensive unit, but we really don't.

EDIT: And if we need defensive FBs, both Porro and Udogie should get good transfer fees if necessary.
I doubt we would get half our money back on Porro as his wages are now way north of what most European clubs can afford.

[

This is a real clusterfudge. Porro is a very poor defender on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far. I wouldn’t have him anywhere near a 4. If his only use is as a wing back, our next manager needs to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 or you have to wonder how disjointed our thinking is. Isn’t Udogie, who I’ve never seen BTW, also a wing back rather than full back?

This is a real clusterfudge. Porro is a very poor defender on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far. I wouldn’t have him anywhere near a 4. If his only use is as a wing back, our next manager needs to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 or you have to wonder how disjointed our thinking is. Isn’t Udogie, who I’ve never seen BTW, also a wing back rather than full back?
I never really have to wonder how disjointed the club’s thinking is, it is all so clearly evident

Absolutely nothing against the guy, just worried that some of the hype is leading to high expectations, and if he gets some time or GHod forbid starts the usual regression, slump, lost mojo narrative unfairly crops up.

I don't think anyone believes he's going to be a world beater but he at least puts in some effort, has a bit of skill and can finish. Right now that's what we need - just something new/fresh to help. He should start a few games/be first attacking sub at least. I just think how bad Son has been all season, imagine if Danjuna had started even 5/6 of those games since he joined what a difference it could make. We've basically been playing with 10 men most of those games.

I don't think anyone believes he's going to be a world beater but he at least puts in some effort, has a bit of skill and can finish. Right now that's what we need - just something new/fresh to help. He should start a few games/be first attacking sub at least. I just think how bad Son has been all season, imagine if Danjuna had started even 5/6 of those games since he joined what a difference it could make. We've basically been playing with 10 men most of those games.
Imagine if he had even gotten the odd 20 minutes here and there? Frankly a ridiculous situation. Conte for being stupidly stubborn and not being able to see the wood for the tress and the club for bringing in a player that the coach would refuse to play.

A shambles all around.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Imagine if he had even gotten the odd 20 minutes here and there? Frankly a ridiculous situation. Conte for being stupidly stubborn and not being able to see the wood for the tress and the club for bringing in a player that the coach would refuse to play.

A shambles all around.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Same with Spence who looked promising, then we spend 45m on another RB. I think Porro is a better player than Spence now but Spence definitely has potential. Not only that we paid Doherty off so we probably spent 50m to get Porro in.

Still have no idea why anyone cares if he plays or not? He's a stop gap like lenglet till the summer or next manager.

Sure, if Conte was still here he probably would be no more than a stop gap. But now it is noticeably that he has 2 goals in the very limited amount of playing time in a Spurs shirt.

I think people want to see a but more of him now.

So, Danjuma now has two goals in less than 90 minutes of football in a Spurs shirt, interesting.

In the light of this maybe we should not only question Conte's treatment of Danjuma, but also re-evaluate the treatment dished out to Djed Spence. There is absolutely no reason to believe (although I never did) now that it was ever purely a footballing decision.

I honestly think we splashed out close to £40m on a new right wingback we DID NOT NEED. Especially when you consider people were on here were complaing that Spence was not good enough because he could not defend.

I liked Danjuma's comments after the game. He's very well spoken and seems to have a positive attitude. As other posters have said "why exactly haven't we played him all this time???"

We know why, Conte didn't want him so didn't play him. That's his perogative as manager tbf but ultimately it may be proven that his stubborness on this player was a mistake.

Back