• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arnaut Danjuma

We know why, Conte didn't want him so didn't play him. That's his perogative as manager tbf but ultimately it may be proven that his stubborness on this player was a mistake.

There is zero chance that Conte had been

- Playing Sarr, Danjuma, Bissouma, Gil, Spence, Richi more, it would not have helped the team, by having them better prepared to help us when needed, for rotating out of form players and for freshness.
- Not spending the money on Porro (nothing against Porro), keeping Doherty for coverage on both sides, leveraging Spence (see point above) and spending the £45M on a CB in January
- Switch to an extra man in the midfield in games where you know the opposition is going to play with 4 or 5 in midfield

We wouldn't be in a better place .. The thing with calling the shots is you get away with it if you get the final result, when you look at how obvious the above is, he failed and not just on this player.

Thing with Danjuma is if you go watch the training videos, as compared to a lot of the others, he seems quite a finisher, that plus his energy/work rate means he should have been in the side a lot earlier.

I would like us to consider him long term.

- Playing Sarr, Danjuma, Bissouma, Gil, Spence, Richi more, it would not have helped the team, by having them better prepared to help us when needed, for rotating out of form players and for freshness.
- Not spending the money on Porro (nothing against Porro), keeping Doherty for coverage on both sides, leveraging Spence (see point above) and spending the £45M on a CB in January
- Switch to an extra man in the midfield in games where you know the opposition is going to play with 4 or 5 in midfield

We wouldn't be in a better place .. The thing with calling the shots is you get away with it if you get the final result, when you look at how obvious the above is, he failed and not just on this player.

Thing with Danjuma is if you go watch the training videos, as compared to a lot of the others, he seems quite a finisher, that plus his energy/work rate means he should have been in the side a lot earlier.

Well, hopefully he gets more playing time to show what he can do. There is no reason why we shouldn't be starting him in place of Deki and bring Richie on at the hour mark to up the pressure on tiring opposition defenses. Move Deki to midfield and let him be more of a passer rather than a carrier of the ball. Would give us 3 in midfield and we'd look a whole lot better for it.

I agree
Impact player with energy
Christ have we been missing that

We conceded six today, three against Bournemouth at home, late goals against relegation fodder.
Son has been awful all season, kulu is way down the list of problems.

He/it's part of the problem, Danjuma & Richi would add more in terms of pressing high, as well as likely more goal threat

You could make an argument for which of Son/Deki needed to be benched, don't see how you make an argument for playing both of them

Yep, bring him on when we are 6:1down, great managerial leadership.

We should have started 2nd half with Davies (if he couldn't play 45 minutes, shouldn't be on the bench), Richi & Danjuma (plus the Lloris change), if nothing else it sends a message.

He/it's part of the problem, Danjuma & Richi would add more in terms of pressing high, as well as likely more goal threat

You could make an argument for which of Son/Deki needed to be benched, don't see how you make an argument for playing both of them

They're all part of the problem, some are further down the list than others, kulu is probably fourth or fifth from top, there's more pressing issues.

All roads lead here

Deki was on form was first dropped when Son was weaker, Richi plays on wrong side and does well, gets injured, Deki comes back, Richie when fit and Son out of form, Son not dropped, Deki then out of form...he not dropped , limited chances for Richi and subsequently Danjuma.....

Welcome to Conteball

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Was there anything concrete in the club's signing announcement as to whether there was an option to sign or is it an obligation?

Like him, looks like a decent player, maybe just missing a yard of pace. Not the end of the world but when your attack already includes Kulu and Kane we might be lacking in that department a bit?

Agreed. Across the team we're quite slow, which compounds our lack of creativity.

I was previously thinking that he might be a sensible way of selling GLC (ie try to swap an unwanted GLC for someone who might be at least slightly useful), however if Emery wants GLC at Villa as rumoured then better to sell GLC for cash.

Difficult to know about picking up Danjuma (i.e. whether he'd fit in formation-wise) til the new manager arrives, but I'm not as convinced as others that he's worth splashing out much for.

With Kane, Son, Kulu, Richie and Gil and the need to get in a top class keeper and CB, plus some creativity, its not obvious to me that Danjuma would be a priority

Agreed. Across the team we're quite slow, which compounds our lack of creativity.

I was previously thinking that he might be a sensible way of selling GLC (ie try to swap an unwanted GLC for someone who might be at least slightly useful), however if Emery wants GLC at Villa as rumoured then better to sell GLC for cash.

Difficult to know about picking up Danjuma (i.e. whether he'd fit in formation-wise) til the new manager arrives, but I'm not as convinced as others that he's worth splashing out much for.

With Kane, Son, Kulu, Richie and Gil and the need to get in a top class keeper and CB, plus some creativity, its not obvious to me that Danjuma would be a priority

Not sure he's that slow, see image below.

To me he's comfortable with the ball (something we lack), even when being pressed, and can go past his man.

l6xm9wkkhm0b1.jpg

To me he's comfortable with the ball (something we lack), even when being pressed, and can go past his man.

l6xm9wkkhm0b1.jpg
He is arrogant, in a Good way
Wants the ball all the time which is something some of our players don’t want

l6xm9wkkhm0b1.jpg

Fair enough. Surprises me

Difficult to know what future he has at Spurs til we know what formation the new manager favours. We also need to prioritise our cash on GK, CB and a creative player in the summer. The balance amongst our forwards doesnt feel quite right to me at the moment...however we've got problems several orders ot magnitude bigger!

Back