• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

we've lost two games - one away to Liverpool and the other after a grueling 120 minutes of midweek football in a foreign country, and it seems more than half the board are ready to wave the white flag in defeat - man up you spineless tacos, the seasons far from over and the past couple of games at this point is nothing more than two bad results.

+1

How many teams this season have declared that their seasons are over after losing two games in a row?

Not many i'd wager.

+1

How many teams this season have declared that their seasons are over after losing two games in a row?

Not many i'd wager.

Ok, I get see why it annoys you and others that some of us are pessimistic, but can you not see why it grates on some people that some Spurs fans are so stubbornly defiant when they say things like "it's all to play for, this year we will finish 3rd/4th/" etc in the match threads after a poor home defeat? And the same people who ignore the poor form of our strikers. Especially considering we have a tendancy to mess things up. 6 FA cup semi finals, 3rd place etc.

Arsenal will not, absolutely not, get maximum points in their next 4 games.

How the hell do you know that? Have you got a crystal ball in front of you or something?

In case you haven't noticed Arsenal are on form and are closing gap between us. We could've been 2nd now if we hadn't lost our two games. It's the same old Spurs, bunch of bottlers.

Last edited:
How the hell do you know that? Have you got a crystal ball in front of you or something?

In case you haven't noticed Arsenal are on form and are closing gap between us. We could've been 2nd now if we hadn't lost our two games. It's the same old Spurs, bunch of bottlers.

That is a fair point, infact you could also use it to the knee-jerkers who think we have blown our chances to finish in the top four.

Ok, I get see why it annoys you and others that some of us are pessimistic, but can you not see why it grates on some people that some Spurs fans are so stubbornly defiant when they say things like "it's all to play for, this year we will finish 3rd/4th/" etc in the match threads after a poor home defeat? And the same people who ignore the poor form of our strikers. Especially considering we have a tendancy to mess things up. 6 FA cup semi finals, 3rd place etc.

It's not the fact people are pessimistic, pessimism i can live with.

It's those who are pessimistic enough to declare that we are brick, despite what we have done this season that irritate me.

Our strikers are in poor form that is true, chat about that all you want. What annoys me is people who says 'Ours are brick! Sign new strikers! Lols!', because that's not an option. We have the players we currently have. We need to work out how to get the best out of them rather then just throw in the towel and wait until the summer to sign new ones.

But this isnt about 2 teams competing for 4th.
Chelsea and City have much worse form than us.

BFqepajCAAEBmr8.jpg

I don't have a crystal ball in front of me.
But I do not believe whatsoever that Arsenal will win 4 games in a row.
Sorry.
As for 'bunch of bottlers' like I've said to many, the season ends in May. If you're proven correct, then fantastic, you can jump on me like a trampoline. But you're not correct yet. Because the season isn't over. Feel bad by all means, but your assertion is not yet proven.

Arsenal won't win 4 in a row.

But neither will we.

Lets just hope we better Arsenals results.

Of course not, but one defeat at Liverpool (in a game which we dominated) led to a battering at the San Siro against a very poor Inter side and a terrible and putrid performance against a team who had only won something like 1 London derby away from home in 40 attempts.

You ask for perspective, that's exactly what people are doing in terms of looking back to our form in the closing stages of last season. If these defeats were in say October, there wouldn't be such doom and gloom.

And like I said before, a lot of Spurs fans look to Defoe and Adebayor's shocking form recently and have no confidence in them to get us the goals we need. Only Bale seems to be a goal threat at the moment. Now you may argue Van Persie carried Arsenal last season, but I honestly expected his form to dip eventually, but it never did.

I think the bigger worry would be if you looked at those defeats and could not write an essay on why we lost each. If it was inexplicable then I'd be worried.
But in truth, the last two games have seen selection mistakes from AVB, very definite ones and ones which I'm sure he felt he had 'reasons' for but which I TRUST he has learned his lessons from.

As much as there have been selection mistakes, we don't exactly have many options here. Our strikers are plain out of form, Parker and Dembele look absolutely exhausted, Holtby's gone completely off the boil, Bale looks like he's picked up an injury, and our youngsters like Carroll . . . well we've never really used them before, so it's a throw of the dice. Bale on the left may help but it's not going to overcome our issues of slow passing, unintelligent movement, diabolical decision-making in the final third, our strikers' awfulness in front of goal, lack of creativity through the center, Walker shooting himself in the foot, etc. Even during our good run I said that we needed to address those things in the transfer window, and I'm not sure we have enough in us to limp over the finishing line to get there.

Having said that, moaning about it doesn't help anything. We can acknowledge reality but we can't think this way. Yes our backs are to the wall with all these elements converging against us but we can't throw in the towel now - losers don't lose, losers quit. Somewhere, somehow, we have to find that extra bit of energy and strength and belief within ourselves to fight our way through to the end. It's still all in our hands; or should I say, our spirits.

What about Chelsea? They've only one easy game left in their remaining 8.
I think they'll finish below Arsenal.

With potentially another 3 or more cup games thrown in as well, there is definitely an outside chance of it, in fact an interesting scenario could be emerging if Chelsea beat United in the Cup.
Its quite possible the rearranged date for our game could be 8th May, meaning we could have a CL shootout with them instead, similar to the City game 3 seasons ago

As much as there have been selection mistakes, we don't exactly have many options here. Our strikers are plain out of form, Parker and Dembele look absolutely exhausted, Holtby's gone completely off the boil,.

He isn't getting played (hardly). How can you make that claim?

have to say though i am pleased our fans are consistent with their over reactions, they did it to arry and now they do it to AVB...and in the latter's case, even quicker (probably because of what harry did to them)

AVB has over achieved with his world class player hitting a purple patch. He needs to figure out how to get something back from the rest of the team

As much as there have been selection mistakes, we don't exactly have many options here. Our strikers are plain out of form, Parker and Dembele look absolutely exhausted, Holtby's gone completely off the boil, Bale looks like he's picked up an injury, and our youngsters like Carroll . . . well we've never really used them before, so it's a throw of the dice. Bale on the left may help but it's not going to overcome our issues of slow passing, unintelligent movement, diabolical decision-making in the final third, our strikers' awfulness in front of goal, lack of creativity through the center, Walker shooting himself in the foot, etc. Even during our good run I said that we needed to address those things in the transfer window, and I'm not sure we have enough in us to limp over the finishing line to get there.

Having said that, moaning about it doesn't help anything. We can acknowledge reality but we can't think this way. Yes our backs are to the wall with all these elements converging against us but we can't throw in the towel now - losers don't lose, losers quit. Somewhere, somehow, we have to find that extra bit of energy and strength and belief within ourselves to fight our way through to the end. It's still all in our hands; or should I say, our spirits.

Apart from the odd individual mistake, these are all coaching issues imo. That is what is so disappointing - we never really look like breaking down some teams and have been saved by Bales heroics on too many occasions to make me feel comfortable.

Back