• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we begining to wobble?

Honestly, I'm impressed we've lasted this long without a wobble. We've been without our (arguably) best centre back ALL SEASON, and without our midfield enforcer for over half the season. I love Scotty P but he's playing every single game in a tough position and it's starting to show. We're doing our best but with all these annoying injuries and 2 competitions, I think we're definitely underdogs to get CL next year, and I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular.

Honestly, I'm impressed we've lasted this long without a wobble. We've been without our (arguably) best centre back ALL SEASON, and without our midfield enforcer for over half the season. I love Scotty P but he's playing every single game in a tough position and it's starting to show. We're doing our best but with all these annoying injuries and 2 competitions, I think we're definitely underdogs to get CL next year, and I don't think it's anyone's fault in particular.

Totally disagree with all of this, its far too sensible.

Would be our third wobble of the season..

Wigan lost, followed by City and Arsenal both also lost.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss, West Brom and Norwich draws at the start of the season too.

Just hope it doesn't progress into full blown collapse.

Last edited:
If we do fail to get fourth then I think our failure to get Moutinho in the summer will be the key far more than a new striker. As some have said we are far too predictable in that if Lennon and bale aren't playing/firing down the flanks we really don't have another way of attacking teams. Moutinho would have given us variety and a way of breaking down teams other than via bale and Lennon hitting teams on the counter.

AVB clearly pushed hard for Moutinho and it still feels like he was the one he really really wanted

Good post. In fact almost all of our defeats/poor results have been when we have been really struggling with injuries. Unlike under Harry I can't think of any time we have put out close to our best formation, and starting XI in a game set up for us to do well in only to play brick and draw or lose.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, WBA/Norwich home Livermore and Sandro in midfield, Defoe upfront on his own, no Dembele, Lloris, Ade etc
Chelsea at home, just look at the team we put out surprised we actually managed to run them so close
Wigan home - this was our one no excuses brickjouse fudge-up
Emirates Marketing Project away - thudd & Sandro - really?
Arsenal away - ditto and Ade got sent off
Liverpool & Fulham - yes team selection mistakes were made but that was due to injuries and fitness making AVB make decisions

We've not played well for most of the season, but individual brilliance or set pieces have kept us in the race. Sooner or later our form was going to be reflected in an average run of results.

What works in our favour is simply the quality of the Premiership this year is the poorest it has been in years. We can underperform and still get top four because the competition is just so poor.

Good post. In fact almost all of our defeats/poor results have been when we have been really struggling with injuries. Unlike under Harry I can't think of any time we have put out close to our best formation, and starting XI in a game set up for us to do well in only to play brick and draw or lose.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, WBA/Norwich home Livermore and Sandro in midfield, Defoe upfront on his own, no Dembele, Lloris, Ade etc
Chelsea at home, just look at the team we put out surprised we actually managed to run them so close
Wigan home - this was our one no excuses brickjouse fudge-up
Emirates Marketing Project away - thudd & Sandro - really?
Arsenal away - ditto and Ade got sent off
Liverpool & Fulham - yes team selection mistakes were made but that was due to injuries and fitness making AVB make decisions

It's funny how Lennon's absence this season has caused our form to dip. Under Redknapp last season Lennon missed a large portion of the second half of the season and that was the period of our collapse. When he returned our results improved again. I don't think he is directly the reason for this, but when he is out the whole team gets re-arranged to compensate and becomes an unbalanced mess.

It's funny how Lennon's absence this season has caused our form to dip. Under Redknapp last season Lennon missed a large portion of the second half of the season and that was the period of our collapse. When he returned our results improved again. I don't think he is directly the reason for this, but when he is out the whole team gets re-arranged to compensate and becomes an unbalanced mess.

It's funny how your views exactly reflect the views of MK.

We lost 3rd spot last term as a direct result of actions by our manager. But that was then and this is now.

SAT MAR 30 SWANSEA A 15.00 1-1
SUN APR 7 EVERTON H 14.05 2-0
SUN APR 14 CHELSEA A 16.00 0-0
SUN APR 21 Emirates Marketing Project H 13.30 1-5
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

Last season’s results were
W 4 D 2 L 2
Same results this season give us 68 points. Which has been enough to ensure 4th place the last 5 years.

http://www.worldfootball.net/spielplan/eng-premier-league-2012-2013-spieltag/38/

Last edited:
We've not played well for most of the season, but individual brilliance or set pieces have kept us in the race. Sooner or later our form was going to be reflected in an average run of results.

What works in our favour is simply the quality of the Premiership this year is the poorest it has been in years. We can underperform and still get top four because the competition is just so poor.

For sure Bale and Dempsey and Adebayor's goals have got us results despite not so good performances. But we have been performing well in other games..it just ain't been pretty.
We are full value for our position in the EPL and the EL and but for stupid mistakes we would be in the other 2 competitions as well

I think the Europa League and CL hunt is proving too much. I really don't mind if we win that and lose out on CL. I just don't want to miss out on both as they drain each other.

I agree with this, when Lennon is out for any reason our team balance and shape collapses, our future will decide on what players AVB buys in the summer, this will tell us what system/style he wants us to play, we do have acceptable back up players in defence and central midfield but we are woefully short in strikers and wide players, hence us starting with Benny wide against Fulham, I know its a bit soon but I dont thing that Holtby has had the desired effect either, I think he was bought to play wide as a stop gap, as other posters have said I think it was stupid of us to put Townsend out on loan.

It looks like Townsend is developing nicely at QPR so I wouldn't be too upset if he was considered our backup option out wide next season. He probably shouldn't have gone on loan considering our lack of options but I guess the mins on the pitch will serve him in the long term.

I don't think Holtby was considered as a backup for out wide. He is more a number 10 from what I have seen.

I agree.

I don't see the massive difference in how we play. Ok there are some differences, but I think we still rely on a bit of magic from Bale, well lately we do anyway.

Agree with this too. I'm not saying Redknapp didn't make mistakes, but we always look better when Lennon plays.

The thing is though, he's always been injury prone. As much as I rate the guy, is it time we started to think about getting someone take his place? It's very risky relying on players who have a poor record with injury.

It looks like Townsend is developing nicely at QPR so I wouldn't be too upset if he was considered our backup option out wide next season. He probably shouldn't have gone on loan considering our lack of options but I guess the mins on the pitch will serve him in the long term.

I don't think Holtby was considered as a backup for out wide. He is more a number 10 from what I have seen.

The way we purchased Holtby earlier than we wanted made me think that he was going to play a large role between Jan and the end of the season now I dont think he will, I had him down has been able to play wide and come inside but that dont look like his game at all.

This question is about to be answered, big test for AVB and the lads will Ade deliver? Is Bale really fit? Can Benny keep it tight? Can Parker and Dembele actually create something? This is exciting stuff.

its the hope that kills you, now we have opened the door of expectation again, are tottenham going to let us down again

CHELSEA A 0-0
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

Last season’s results were
W 3 D 1 L 1
Same results this season give us 71 points. 68 points has been enough to ensure 4th place since the EPL began.

Back